thanks nikon for screwing me out of work tonigh!!!!!!

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions
petefish
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
thanks nikon for screwing me out of work tonigh!!!!!!
May 15, 2012

i shoot for the miami marlins, and since the beginning of the season to date i have been borrowing my buddies d300s, because my d7000 has been at nikons repair center for three months for a broken shutter, and i still have not gotten my d4 i preordered late feb. give me freakn break nikon. well, i was not able to borrow my buddies camera tonight, had to miss my first game of the season, so thanks nikon for screwing me out of work tonigh!!!!!! had to rant.

petefish's gear list:petefish's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,212
Like?
Re: thanks nikon for screwing me out of work tonigh!!!!!!
In reply to petefish, May 15, 2012

Are you NPS? Could you not plan far enough ahead to rent a camera?
--
Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Oscarroos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,914Gear list
Like?

Sounds like poor planning more than Nikon "screwing" you. Sorry, but I can't imagine how this will get you any sympathy Rent or buy, lots of camera stores in Miami Dade or Broward - even some that speak English
--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22388579@N08/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67660656@N03/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67660656@N03/sets/72157627576100801/

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
Manny82
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
In reply to Oscarroos, May 15, 2012

If your work is that important then you should have a backup body.

Sorry.

davesee
Regular MemberPosts: 106
Like?
In reply to Manny82, May 15, 2012

No kidding. Wow.

Christian Wagner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,546
Like?

Wow, didn't realize that the D4 was the only camera that could take pictures anymore. You sound like other people I know, an excuse for everything and it's never their fault.

-- hide signature --

Chris

westcoasthd
Regular MemberPosts: 460
Like?
In reply to Manny82, May 15, 2012

I have never heard of Nikon taking three months to replace a shutter. If that is true, Nikon owes you an explanation. You can't count on delivery dates though, so either you pick up a used something, then sell it when one of your bodies is ready or you rent when needed. Either way if you didn't have a plan B, that would be your responsibility and not Nikons.

4x5 Guy
Contributing MemberPosts: 917
Like?

I feel another addition to the ignore list is about to happen.

petefish wrote:

i shoot for the miami marlins, and since the beginning of the season to date i have been borrowing my buddies d300s, because my d7000 has been at nikons repair center for three months for a broken shutter, and i still have not gotten my d4 i preordered late feb. give me freakn break nikon. well, i was not able to borrow my buddies camera tonight, had to miss my first game of the season, so thanks nikon for screwing me out of work tonigh!!!!!! had to rant.

Grevture
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,861Gear list
Like?
Put blame, where blame is due ...

petefish wrote:

i shoot for the miami marlins,

Professionally?

and since the beginning of the season to date i have been borrowing my buddies d300s, because my d7000 has been at nikons repair center for three months for a broken shutter,

Where is your backup body?

and i still have not gotten my d4 i preordered late feb. give me freakn break nikon. well, i was not able to borrow my buddies camera tonight, had to miss my first game of the season, so thanks nikon for screwing me out of work tonigh!!!!!! had to rant.

Well, if you work as a photographer and

a) don't have a backup body

b) have not been able to rent, borrow or buy a used camera since the beginning of the season ...

... then you seem pretty helpless.

It is always convenient to blame others when you have screwed yourself.

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!

By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

Grevture's gear list:Grevture's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
Mssimo
Contributing MemberPosts: 862Gear list
Like?
Nikon service sucks

I used both canon and Nikon service and Nikon by far is the worse. Canon on the other hand is amazing, sometimes they fix your product for free even if its out of warranty (you pay for shipping only.)

I really hope I never have to send any gear in.
--
Mássimo

Mssimo's gear list:Mssimo's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye +3 more
Randy Colwell
Regular MemberPosts: 300Gear list
Like?
Re: Put blame, where blame is due ...
In reply to Grevture, May 15, 2012

Where's the LIKE Button when I need it. Well put Grevture.

Grevture wrote:

petefish wrote:

i shoot for the miami marlins,

Professionally?

and since the beginning of the season to date i have been borrowing my buddies d300s, because my d7000 has been at nikons repair center for three months for a broken shutter,

Where is your backup body?

and i still have not gotten my d4 i preordered late feb. give me freakn break nikon. well, i was not able to borrow my buddies camera tonight, had to miss my first game of the season, so thanks nikon for screwing me out of work tonigh!!!!!! had to rant.

Well, if you work as a photographer and

a) don't have a backup body

b) have not been able to rent, borrow or buy a used camera since the beginning of the season ...

... then you seem pretty helpless.

It is always convenient to blame others when you have screwed yourself.

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!

By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

Randy Colwell's gear list:Randy Colwell's gear list
Nikon D800
PatFahey
Regular MemberPosts: 435
Like?
What's next?

petefish wrote:

So, what did you plan to do after photography?

ffnikclif
Contributing MemberPosts: 860Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon service sucks
In reply to Mssimo, May 15, 2012

I think we are not hearing(reading) the whole story. I have had to use Nikon service 3 times over the many years & never had to wait long. 4 months???

Still I think if I shot for a MLB team I would have a back up for sure. In fact I would always have two cameras with me at the ball park with different lenses so I caught it all.(pun intended)
No sympathy here, sorry.

Fred

ffnikclif's gear list:ffnikclif's gear list
Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +15 more
tokuro
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon service sucks
In reply to Mssimo, May 15, 2012

Mssimo wrote:

I used both canon and Nikon service and Nikon by far is the worse. Canon on the other hand is amazing, sometimes they fix your product for free even if its out of warranty (you pay for shipping only.)

I really hope I never have to send any gear in.
--
Mássimo

I had to get my D300 fixed out of warrantee but they covered it for me at that time...
it took them 4 weeks, i think.

tokuro's gear list:tokuro's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +5 more
Oscarroos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,914Gear list
Like?
Re: What's next?
In reply to PatFahey, May 15, 2012

He doesn't have a plan

PatFahey wrote:

petefish wrote:

So, what did you plan to do after photography?

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
sssesq
Contributing MemberPosts: 859Gear list
Like?

I have often dreamed about shooting for a pro sports team...Could you direct me to some of your work so I can see what I have to do to get a gig??

sssesq's gear list:sssesq's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
German Rodriguez
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?

Here is some of Peter's hockey photographs form his facebook page. Funny thing is no Miami Marlins galleries of photographs. At least the WB looks dead on.

https://www.facebook.com/# ! media/albums ?id=100001856474909

German Rodriguez's gear list:German Rodriguez's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +34 more
Dennis DH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,241
Like?
In reply to German Rodriguez, May 15, 2012

Sure sounds like you screwed your self. Nikon had no part in it.

petefish
Like?
Re: Put blame, where blame is due ...
In reply to Grevture, May 15, 2012

i forgot, money grows on trees, got school payments dude! the day i ordered my backup camera for the season, my shutter on my other blew out......3 months ago!!!

Nikon D7000 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
petefish
Like?

money doesent grow on trees pal! got school payents, and the cost of living in miami costs a bit more then north texas.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads