This thread is locked.
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 32,212
Re: OP is right. There are no Canon Trolls in the Nikon Forums
In reply to David Hull, May 13, 2012

David Hull wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

chironNYC wrote:

The OP is completely right about this. There is no equivalent in the Nikon forums to the trolling we get here--in the Nikon forums, you don't see endless, constant posting by Canon users talking about the superiority of the 5d3.

Actually, in the days when Canon made clearly better cameras than Nikon there was a lot of that, (well not the 5DIII, obviously, but whatever the Canon top dog of the time was).

However, what you see here is very little of Nikon users talking of the superiority of the D800, what you get are Canon users talking of the virtues of the D800, because they were expecting canon to produce something similar.

With the exception of the DR performance at low ISO, they are actually quite similar. I guess even the price is the same in your neck of the woods anyway.

Indeed they are quite similar. The plusses of the D800 are the DR that you speak of, the 36MP and the cleverer auto ISO - all big things for me, because they add up to allowing me to work the way that I want to. They are probably not for others. The plusses of the 5DIII are mainly that it is a faster, more dynamic camera, and much better low light video, none of those too important for me.

Still, most of the heated arguments start with people trying to make false claims about the relative performance of these two similar cameras. Typical ones were that the 5DIII has two stops better 'high ISO' than the D800 and that there is a requirement to use tripods, etc with the D800, amongst other things. I don't think I have seen similar calumnies directed at the 5DIII either here or the other place.
--
Bob

bobn2
In reply to qianp2k, May 13, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

I don't want to name them

of course not

but we have heard many complaints such as this one that many Nikon trolls in this Canon forum.

Have 'we', but no-one offered any evidence as to who these people might be?Might it be that they don't exist.

My definition of pure Nikon shooters are those who shoot basically exclusively with Nikon gears. So if someone still has a 20D or Rebel 350D in home but mostly shoot D800/D700/D7000/D5100/D3100 etc are in my definition. I define myself a pure Canon shooter despite I still own Nikon D50 + 18-70 DX as latter sitting on my shelf for years.

So, how many such people are there? Of course, if you don't name names, we only can take your word for it. The trouble is, your word mght not be the same as someone else's.

I also include those who might own Canon APS-C models but never own or experience Canon FF models (and 99% of them have not owned D800) so they have no ideas how D800 is better than 5D3/5D2 in real world but still crazily advertising D800. I don't think you can effectively claim D800 is way better than 5D3/5D2 based on paper spec or DPR/IR lab samples unless you spend some time with both systems in real fields.

Again, who would that be? Most of the vocal people I have seen here are 5D or 5DII owners, who are you thinking of who is not? Oh, of course you can't name names. Convenient that, isn't it?

bobn2 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

However, what you see here is very little of Nikon users talking of the superiority of the D800,

I actually saw many pure Nikon shooters or some dual-system owners but without owning any cameras in 1D/5D series jumped in this Canon forum to boast D800.

Like who, for instance?
--
Bob

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Bob

tony field
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,899
Remember PHAN and T3 ?
In reply to chironNYC, May 13, 2012

chironNYC wrote:
Neither have I.

Desifinado wrote:

"years of Canon trolling in their forum."

I haven't seen any evidence of that. Seems Canon users are mostly disinterested in Nikon products.

Depends upon how long your memory is. In the good old days of "Canon Superiority", people like PFAN , T3, and a few others used to post a large number of Canon threads identifying all of the technical, image, and lens superiority over the then-available D100, D1* and D2* cameras.
--
tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
In reply to bobn2, May 13, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

Again, who would that be? Most of the vocal people I have seen here are 5D or 5DII owners, who are you thinking of who is not? Oh, of course you can't name names. Convenient that, isn't it?

HINT: There are few 7D fanboys who never own and experience 5D2/5D or any other cameras in this forum. They have been jumped into this forum numerous times to bash 5D2 and 5D and claim no IQ difference between 5D2/5D and their "holygrail" 7D despite they actually never own and experience former. But now suddenly they enthusiastically promoting D800 (as they work for Nikon) despite they have not owned either. Just a sample as they are other basically pure Nikon shooters. Anyway I am not alone to notice these excessive Nikon related trolling as OP indicated so itself is indisputable fact as we have read many such claims in this Canon forum recently. As DPR's rule set, D800 related topics should be discussed in Nikon forum. I am a Canon shooter and I have no interests to read D800 in this forum. I read D800 discussions in Nikon forum.

bobn2 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

However, what you see here is very little of Nikon users talking of the superiority of the D800,

I actually saw many pure Nikon shooters or some dual-system owners but without owning any cameras in 1D/5D series jumped in this Canon forum to boast D800.

Like who, for instance?
--
Bob

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Bob

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
bobn2

qianp2k wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

HINT: There are few 7D fanboys who never own and experience 5D2/5D or any other cameras in this forum. They have been jumped into this forum numerous times to bash 5D2 and 5D and claim no IQ difference between 5D2/5D and their "holygrail" 7D despite they actually never own and experience former.

Ah, really? So now it is a dispute between different kinds of Canon fanboy? I see. Are you sure no 60D fanboys snuck in with the 7D fanboys?

And of course, there are many circumstances taking the same picture where the IQ of the 7D and 5DII are very close, and where the 7D will beat the 5D, due to its more modern, efficient sensor with more pixels. Maybe that is what they were saying.

But now suddenly they enthusiastically promoting D800 (as they work for Nikon) despite they have not owned either.

Really? That is so bad of them, isn't it? So, what we have here is not Nikon fanboys, as we originally thought, but 7D fanboys masquerading as Nikon fanboys. This is very confusing. Maybe someone should start a fanboy registration scheme so we can be sure that we only get genuine fanboys.

Just a sample as they are other basically pure Nikon shooters. Anyway I am not alone to notice these excessive Nikon related trolling as OP indicated so itself is indisputable fact

well, I'm sure I wouldn't want to dispute something that is indisputable. Tell me, what is the test for something being 'indisputable' - that you and the OP say it?

as we have read many such claims in this Canon forum recently. As DPR's rule set, D800 related topics should be discussed in Nikon forum. I am a Canon shooter and I have no interests to read D800 in this forum. I read D800 discussions in Nikon forum.

But most of the posts are comparing the 5DIII with the D800, and they usually start when someone feels the need to post something negative about the D800 here. If people here could restrain from mentioning the D800 at all then there would be many fewer posts clarifying what the performance of the D800 is and isn't.
--
Bob

Desifinado
Contributing MemberPosts: 965
It's fascinating
In reply to Desifinado, May 13, 2012

I’ve been around here a long time, and the D800/5D3 pi* ing contest has reached a new watershed, so to speak.

I suspect that with the D800 Nikon fans feel they finally have a contender, and there’s a lot of “So there!” behind it. Fine. But why here? It's a little silly.

qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
In reply to bobn2, May 13, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

HINT: There are few 7D fanboys who never own and experience 5D2/5D or any other cameras in this forum. They have been jumped into this forum numerous times to bash 5D2 and 5D and claim no IQ difference between 5D2/5D and their "holygrail" 7D despite they actually never own and experience former.

Ah, really? So now it is a dispute between different kinds of Canon fanboy? I see. Are you sure no 60D fanboys snuck in with the 7D fanboys?

You should know what's the definition of fanboy. Fanboys are unconditionally promote on one brand/model against another brand/model.

And of course, there are many circumstances taking the same picture where the IQ of the 7D and 5DII are very close, and where the 7D will beat the 5D, due to its more modern, efficient sensor with more pixels. Maybe that is what they were saying.

The same logic applied to D800 and 5D3, so don't use double standard. So far in real world photos as compared by some who actually tested both, I have not seen much difference of IQ between two cameras. Each is better in some areas.

But now suddenly they enthusiastically promoting D800 (as they work for Nikon) despite they have not owned either.

Really? That is so bad of them, isn't it? So, what we have here is not Nikon fanboys, as we originally thought, but 7D fanboys masquerading as Nikon fanboys. This is very confusing. Maybe someone should start a fanboy registration scheme so we can be sure that we only get genuine fanboys.

My last post just dispute your claims that they are only 5D2/5D1 owners which is not true.

Just a sample as they are other basically pure Nikon shooters. Anyway I am not alone to notice these excessive Nikon related trolling as OP indicated so itself is indisputable fact

well, I'm sure I wouldn't want to dispute something that is indisputable. Tell me, what is the test for something being 'indisputable' - that you and the OP say it?

But I do see some basically pure Nikon owners jumped into this Canon forum to boast D800 as mentioned by other Canon forum members so again I am not alone.

as we have read many such claims in this Canon forum recently. As DPR's rule set, D800 related topics should be discussed in Nikon forum. I am a Canon shooter and I have no interests to read D800 in this forum. I read D800 discussions in Nikon forum.

But most of the posts are comparing the 5DIII with the D800, and they usually start when someone feels the need to post something negative about the D800 here. If people here could restrain from mentioning the D800 at all then there would be many fewer posts clarifying what the performance of the D800 is and isn't.

You seem no problem with someone posting something negative about 5D3/5D2 but only to D800 or other Nikon cameras? I even don't know do you still actively shoot with Canon cameras or basically only shoot with Nikon these days? If it's latter, why you're so busy in this Canon forum?

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
ArabiaSandStorm
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Re: Why are Nikon users

beats me, but some are making success. I posted few times and got exhausted as every time some one (they are a handful really) jumps-in and distracts everybody and eventually hijacks the thread. Now I try my best to just IGNORE and go on.

I believe one of the biggest issues here is lacks of strong moderation as anybody can easily check someone's posts and figure out their trend.. most of the time is sooo obvious as I highlighted in response to one of those....

Desifinado wrote:

so desperate for attention/approval in the Canon forums?

bobn2

qianp2k wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

You should know what's the definition of fanboy. Fanboys are unconditionally promote on one brand/model against another brand/model.

Well, I suppose you would know. But that wasn't the question, the question was whether there were unsuspected 60D fanboys lurking too, maybe siding a bit with 7D fanboys due to APS-C solidarity. Is a 5DIII fanboy equivalent to 1.6 7D fanboys. All of tese are important questions.

The same logic applied to D800 and 5D3, so don't use double standard.

Who is using a double standard? I have never denied that there are many circumstances, when taking the same picture that the 5DIII and D800 will be very close.

So far in real world photos as compared by some who actually tested both, I have not seen much difference of IQ between two cameras. Each is better in some areas.

For the situations that I use, there is enough in the D800 to convince me that it will be better for me. of course that won't apply to everyone. But, this wasn't about me, it was about fanboys. We're getting OT here.

My last post just dispute your claims that they are only 5D2/5D1 owners which is not true.

Which claims would those be? I have never claimed that the are only 5D owners. You are imagining things. I don't know, since I don't know who 'they' are, since you don't identify them.

But I do see some basically pure Nikon owners jumped into this Canon forum to boast D800 as mentioned by other Canon forum members so again I am not alone.

So you keep saying, but until you identify some of these people, then we can be excused for taking what you say with a pinch of salt, especially since you seem to be getting most of your facts wrong on other things, like what I said and didn't say, for instance.

You seem no problem with someone posting something negative about 5D3/5D2 but only to D800 or other Nikon cameras? I even don't know do you still actively shoot with Canon cameras or basically only shoot with Nikon these days? If it's latter, why you're so busy in this Canon forum?

I don't own a Nikon digital camera. So I can't shoot with a Nikon camera. I don;t post against things that are 'negative', I post to correct things that are wrong .

-- hide signature --

Bob

gdanmitchell
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,730

qianp2k wrote:

I don't want to name them but we have heard many complaints such as this one that many Nikon trolls in this Canon forum.

While I acknowledge that there have most certainly been a few "trolls" in this forum recently, keep in mind that it only takes a very small handful of poorly behaved people to mess things ups.

I'm completely confident that the vast majority of Nikon shooters would find the trolling just as onerous and embarrassing as we do.

Dan

chironNYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427
In reply to Jaybar, May 13, 2012

Jaybar wrote:

Seems the posts here that do get responses from Nikon users start out by claiming superiority of the Canon or fault with the Nikon. And some here are relentlesss (and you know who you are). This invariably brings out those wishing to defend their brand or correct perceived erroneous information. And I don’t know why such posts are so prevalent in this particular forum. Perhaps it’s due to some kind of camera insecurity, or disappointment with the current offerings? It would be far better to discuss ones own camera in ones own forum and not incessantly try to prove it’s the best or degrade others choices. And oh yes, posting pictures!

I think this is very incorrect. Virtually the only posts critical of the d800 over here occur in response to BS posts by Nikon trolls. Serious discussion doesn't elicit counter-attacks, but Nikon trolls do.
--
Peter

chironNYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427
Re: Remember PHAN and T3 ?
In reply to tony field, May 13, 2012

If they did do that, they were jerks, like the Nikon trolls are now.

tony field wrote:

chironNYC wrote:
Neither have I.

Desifinado wrote:

"years of Canon trolling in their forum."

I haven't seen any evidence of that. Seems Canon users are mostly disinterested in Nikon products.

Depends upon how long your memory is. In the good old days of "Canon Superiority", people like PFAN , T3, and a few others used to post a large number of Canon threads identifying all of the technical, image, and lens superiority over the then-available D100, D1* and D2* cameras.
--
tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

-- hide signature --

Peter

Fred255 Photography
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
In reply to Scrozzy, May 13, 2012

I have wondered that too, There is more stuff about how "good" the Nikons are in the Canon forum than there is stuff about Canons, Also look at any of the other forums, People with Nikons just seem to want to take over and tell the world how good they are. When I buy a Aston Martin the first thing I'm going to do is find a Ferrari forum and tell them how good my car is.

Fred255 Photography's gear list:Fred255 Photography's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +8 more
Bernard Carns
Contributing MemberPosts: 996Gear list
Malformed question. Most of those of us who are unhappy are

Canon owners.

BC

Bernard Carns's gear list:Bernard Carns's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
tocar
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,182

The ones that comes here and posts endless virtues of the D800 and bash the 5DIII are insecure people. Then you have a subset of people who actually owns the camera and people who just read about the D800 and preach the positive attributes like God just handed them the commandments! And last but not least the Canon users who were expecting so much that they were pushed to change camps. I've been to the Nikon forum and a few are not too happy with the D800. Actually the D800 threads has gone done considerably.

commiebiker
Senior MemberPosts: 1,388Gear list
In reply to chironNYC, May 14, 2012

Better question is: why are you so obsessed with Nikon? Why don't you start a Canon thread?

chironNYC wrote:

The OP is completely right about this. There is no equivalent in the Nikon forums to the trolling we get here--in the Nikon forums, you don't see endless, constant posting by Canon users talking about the superiority of the 5d3. But the crew of Nikon trolls over here is truly a pest-control problem.

It is always the same people over here. We know who they are. They are either paid to troll by Nikon or they are wackadoo personality disorders or they are 13 years old (which seems very unlikely).

Or perhaps they are very insecure people, unsure of their photographic skills, who hope to make other people feel like they do.

Desifinado wrote:

-- hide signature --

Peter

commiebiker's gear list:commiebiker's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D4 Nikon D3S Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 +8 more
GaryJP
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,102Gear list
And here comes another one.
In reply to commiebiker, May 14, 2012

commiebiker wrote:

Better question is: why are you so obsessed with Nikon? Why don't you start a Canon thread?

chironNYC wrote:

The OP is completely right about this. There is no equivalent in the Nikon forums to the trolling we get here--in the Nikon forums, you don't see endless, constant posting by Canon users talking about the superiority of the 5d3. But the crew of Nikon trolls over here is truly a pest-control problem.

It is always the same people over here. We know who they are. They are either paid to troll by Nikon or they are wackadoo personality disorders or they are 13 years old (which seems very unlikely).

Or perhaps they are very insecure people, unsure of their photographic skills, who hope to make other people feel like they do.

Desifinado wrote:

-- hide signature --

Peter

-- hide signature --
 GaryJP's gear list:GaryJP's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot G1 X II Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,849
In reply to Desifinado, May 14, 2012

Desifinado wrote:

they are not, they are enjoying their cameras.

the nikon noises you see here are made by canon users who refuse to let propagandists have you believe that 5D3 is perfect in every way and any entertainment of switching system is either stupid or would yield no improvements.

SubPrime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,238
In reply to chironNYC, May 14, 2012

chironNYC wrote:

I think this is very incorrect. Virtually the only posts critical of the d800 over here occur in response to BS posts by Nikon trolls.

You know very well that this is false.

I could count on one hand the number of threads started by Nikon only shooters, yet there have been dozens posted by Canon shooters attacking the D800 or comparing the 5D3 to the D800.

Serious discussion doesn't elicit counter-attacks, but Nikon trolls do.

Yes, well we've all seen what your idea of serious discussion looks like.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=41505708

bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,678Gear list
In reply to SubPrime, May 14, 2012

Snap On vs Craftsman

They are tools you tools.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads