**** This Week Through Your M43 May 12, 2012 ****

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,904Gear list
Like?
**** This Week Through Your M43 May 12, 2012 ****
May 12, 2012

Greetings M43ers! Welcome back to the weekly C&C Thread!

M43 Onion News

Olympus has been sweeping up the gold with their new, highly regarded OM-D E-M5. Olympus has now joined Rovio to create the "Angry Birds" special edition of the E-M5. That's right! If you turn on the Super Gnarly Control Panel, go to menu HHJ, scroll down, hold the shutter release for 3 seconds, tap the screen, and then turn the dials 4/3rds of a turn... then you'll unlock the special E-M5 Gold Egg. It then makes all your shots in the next 5 minutes look as if they were taken during golden hour.

Instructions:

1. Reply to this post and change the TITLE

2. Older photos are fine. Please tell us about how you captured the image.

3. Please reply to at least one other thread.

Thank you for your participation!

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Makinations
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,688Gear list
Like?
Bike with OM-D E-M5 and 25mm f1.4
In reply to SLOtographer, May 12, 2012

Bike with OM-D E-M5 and 25mm f1.4. ISO 1600 I think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smrlabs/7179725920/lightbox/

Makinations's gear list:Makinations's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 40D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
µJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?
New neighbors (Return of the Foxes)

These guys usually show up somewhere in the neighborhood each year. Sometimes next door, sometimes down the street, other times blocks away.

This time they were at my neighbors directly across the road from me. They were only there for a few days and were entertaining to watch but they have moved on now.

All but one with the 75-300 and heavy crops. Very little PP - some contrast and cropping.

This one with the Panasonic 45-200.

I asked my neighbor if he had seen them and what he thought about the foxes in his yard and he said he hadn't even seen them (they are mostly active in the morning and then late in the day).

Thanks for looking.
--
µJoe
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joey_m43

µJoe's gear list:µJoe's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,659Gear list
Like?
Kubota Garden

Macros with a Soligor Zoom Macro (Canon FD mount) plus tube extender:

Olympus kit lens:

Olympus 40-150mm:

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
jh404
Regular MemberPosts: 488
Like?
Golden & Blue

A seaside photo walk in downtown around sunset. C&C Welcome!

-- hide signature --
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,659Gear list
Like?
Re: New neighbors (Return of the Foxes)
In reply to µJoe, May 12, 2012

Great pose and background!

µJoe wrote:

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
MAubrey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,479Gear list
Like?
People, Places, & Things

Got a chance to take out the Oly 9-18mm and it was a pleasure.

Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4

-- hide signature --

--Mike

MAubrey's gear list:MAubrey's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +7 more
MAubrey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,479Gear list
Like?
Re: Golden & Blue
In reply to jh404, May 12, 2012

Vancouver just begs to be photographed. I was taking pictures on the opposite side of the bay when you get this one:

And I love these last two.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

--Mike

MAubrey's gear list:MAubrey's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +7 more
Agitprop
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
Re: **** This Week Through Your M43 May 12, 2012 ****

Speaking of eggs, I have been called an egg-head before... I don't see it.

nazmi
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
Street photo this week with the faithful 20mm

nazmi's gear list:nazmi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Canon EOS 6D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
rrockley
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Portraits with Oly 45mm 1.8

I took the Oly 45 to a friend's birthday party. Here are some of the portraits. Camera was set on face recognition, which worked fairly well. I'm learning that the quality of the light on the person is as important (if not more so) than the lens. As is the background selection - even if it's out of focus. As always, I'm not totally satisfied with them, but I'd be interested in views. Correct white balance was a problem - they all needed quite a bit of fixing.

No. 1

Is #2 or #3 better:
No. 2

No. 3

No. 4

No. 5

No. 6
This one still doesn't look right. White balance?

rrockley's gear list:rrockley's gear list
Olympus E-M1
rrockley
Like?
In reply to Agitprop, May 12, 2012

That's a great self portrait. Hand held?

Olympus E-M1
rrockley
Like?
Re: Golden & Blue
In reply to jh404, May 12, 2012

This is the best one, IMO:

Great use of the wide angle. The scene really looked better in B&W. More atmosphere, or something. What did you use for the conversion?

Olympus E-M1
justpictures
Regular MemberPosts: 116
Like?
Watersports this time

European Championships here this week. The local clubs, in fact, have quite a tradition of generating European, World and Olympic champions.

Six pictures in 2 different versions each. Now is it just a matter of taste which one you prefer? Or just drama vs. …? I took them all within 20 minutes at around 7p.m. yesterday (= course in shadow = HIGH ISO (800) to get reasonably short shutter speeds (1/350 – 1/500) , but not too bad for colours) at the end of a practice run for some of the teams to familiarize themselves with the course for the next day. I just wanted to see how my G2 reacts when confronted with “fast sports”. Well, didn’t do too badly. Noise in some of them couldn’t really be prevented owing to necessary high ISO, and 800 is the limit, especially if you have to do some really heavy cropping with all of them. But I liked the subjects.

All RAW, all PP in Lightroom 3.6. All pictures taken with Panasonic 14-45 mm, G2, ISO 800, shutter 1/350-1/500, most at about f5..-7… All single shot AF.

C+C welcome, but don’t mention the borders, please. I seem to be incorrigible when it comes to that.
justpictures

muddyfunster
Regular MemberPosts: 447
Like?
Restoration

2 Harvards

-- hide signature --

the night is dark.....and full of terriers

jkrumm
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,043
Like?
New 45 1.8 with G

Severe rain has kept me a little weather bound, so here's a shot of my homely dog, who I think might be a mix of Toto and a flying monkey...

iso 2500, f1.8

I did get out for a stroll on the docks... this shows heavy duty fishing line on a commercial fishing boat...

f2.8, iso 160

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 919Gear list
Like?
Re: Restoration
In reply to muddyfunster, May 12, 2012

I like that.....at first I had to hunt for the other one as my screen isn't wide enough! Reminds me of the cut-away drawings where you get to see all the inside bits. Works well in BW.

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
jkrumm
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,043
Like?
should say GH2 (nt)
In reply to jkrumm, May 12, 2012
-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

S. Miller
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
E-M5 at the Pocono Half Marathon

Been away from this thread for awhile. This whole work thing really gets in the way of photography!

My wife ran her first half marathon last Saturday. She's normally the one on the sidelines supporting me, so I jumped at the chance to be a fan. The start and finish is on the track of the Pocono Raceway. Can't say I'm a huge Nascar fan, but I have to tell you that it's pretty cool being down on the track. I won't bore everyone with finish line photos, but here are a few from the race.

1: The race was run on Cinco de Mayo and this woman ran all 13.1 miles in a taco suit. I was pleasantly surprised by the AF speed of the E-M5. I was talking to friends and saw her out of the corner of my eye. The focal point was towards the left so when she got to that point in the frame, I fired off about 4-5 shots in about 1/2 second. I wasn't trying for the panning effect, but I like the result.

2: Here are what I can only assume to be her family or friends:

3: Nothing special here, including it to give any Nascar fans the track eye view. Looking at it now, I should have converted to B&W.

Agitprop
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
In reply to rrockley, May 12, 2012

Yes, om-d with Panasonic 7-14.

1/8 sec f11. 1600 iso

Thanks, if you liked that, you might like this...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads