sorry, Mac question but I may get more rersponse here, thanks

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions
Berghof
Senior MemberPosts: 1,144
Like?
sorry, Mac question but I may get more rersponse here, thanks
May 10, 2012

I made such a stupid mistake.I downloaded to OS X recovery file to my external HD and it deleted all data. I can live with that ,I have backed up all.But now I'm unable to detect the drive on my MAC [I looked everywhere - disk utilities etc} and then I connected the drive to my windows laptop to see what will happen and it doesn't show anywhere either.I don't understand why it's becoming such a huge problem. If anybody of you really knows how to resolve this trouble ,please help me. I don't have the apple support ,I think they would be able to resolve this tough nut. Thank you all.Yes, I know I did very, very stupid thing, it was late at night and I didn't read the warning.
--
Berghof G.C.

dherzstein
Senior MemberPosts: 2,692Gear list
Like?
Re: sorry, Mac question but I may get more rersponse here, thanks
In reply to Berghof, May 11, 2012
 dherzstein's gear list:dherzstein's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alfred
Contributing MemberPosts: 528Gear list
Like?
Re: sorry, Mac question but I may get more rersponse here, thanks
In reply to Berghof, May 12, 2012
  • Make sure there is no hardware connection problem. Use another cable. Power down external drive, disconnect, reconnect, power up again with new cable.

• Can you see the drive in "Disk Utiliy"? If yes, reformat. Eject, disconnect (physically), then reconnect.

• There are several recovery utilities in the App Store. Some have trial versions or are even free. Scan App Store for "disk recovery" or "data recovery". Some claim that attached drives will be found again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads