GF1 and Minolta MD 50mm 1.4 lens

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions
villagranvicent
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
GF1 and Minolta MD 50mm 1.4 lens
May 8, 2012

During the weekend I was doing some tests with my GF1 and the Minolta MD 50mm 1.4... What I found is the difference in texture and contrast from these lens to the Lumix ones, this Minolta reminds me the look I got with my Epson R-D1s and the CV lenses, very creamy, with a natural low contrast that I like a lot.

All these shots were made using RAW, @ iso 1600, wide open f1.4. The processing was adding 100% contast and desaturate. that´s all.

Thanks for watching!! Ricardo

villagranvicent's gear list:villagranvicent's gear list
Leica X1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +1 more
Epson R-D1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Richard Wonka
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Re: GF1 and Minolta MD 50mm 1.4 lens
In reply to villagranvicent, May 8, 2012

Hey there,

thank you for reminding me that images don't have to be super-contrasty. I had forgotten about that and my recent pictures show just that.

The images you have posted seem to well support the generally slightly gloomy mood of the subject. (who seems to be slightly unsure of what you're doing?)

The very shallow DOF makes for an interesting shot of a nose, but I would have also tried to close the aperture a bit to get some more sharpness on the rest of the face.

-- hide signature --

Richard

Richard Wonka's gear list:Richard Wonka's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
villagranvicent
Like?
In reply to Richard Wonka, May 8, 2012

Thank you Richard, I like very much that look, low contrast but with gloomy atmosphere I really like. I did those wide open to see how shallow DoF could be achieved and now I know is more than enough, at f4 becomes very sharp, basically up to "modern standards". Focusing with the GF1 is a little more difficult than with my G1, with the later I get many more accurate focus shots. For 100dlls I got the lens, adapter and hood, and could not be happier. Regards, Ricardo

Leica X1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +1 more
in_focus
Forum ProPosts: 16,114
Like?
In reply to villagranvicent, May 8, 2012

Lovely set, Ricardo.. adorable pooch turned to be a perfect model for the occasion .. I find all your images very pleasant, if I need to make a pick than I would vote for the second shot - the white 'line' passing from the snout to dog's 'forehead' is making the picture very special - certainly a keeper .. job well done, thanks for sharing ..

Kind regards,
--
Bruno

villagranvicent
Like?
In reply to in_focus, May 8, 2012

Thank you in_focus :)) Yes, my 4 dogs love to be photograph, specially on weekends where we can spend all the time together. Regards, Ricardo

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads