D800 - Adorama's Preorder and Delivery (Non NPS)

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions
Maji
Contributing MemberPosts: 566Gear list
Like?
D800 - Adorama's Preorder and Delivery (Non NPS)
May 7, 2012

Those who have received their D800 cameras from Adorama without using NPS, please post your date and time of preorder and the date of delivery.

Trying to figure out where I am in the line and I am hoping others with preorders with Adorama will get some idea also.

Thank you.

Maji's gear list:Maji's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P500 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Meganrogers
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
Re: D800 - Adorama's Preorder and Delivery (Non NPS)
In reply to Maji, May 7, 2012

View the corespondence with Helen at Adorama. They have only received D800's for NPS orders. Since the NPS orders were so numerous and count towards Adorama's allotments, it might be some time before you get your non-NPS unit.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=41390815

You may also want to enter their contest to win a free D800. If you win, you'll probably receive it before you get the one you purchased:

http://bit.ly/II6TRj

;)Megan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Maji
Like?
In reply to Meganrogers, May 7, 2012

Thank you Megan for your reply. From HelenO's reply to your query, it appears that Adorama has caught up with all their NPS deliveries. Now it is time for them to deliver the goods to the non NPS preorderers.

Nikon Coolpix P500 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
HIREDGUN45
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?

Ordered a D800 on 2/7 and got confirmation email from Adorama at 8:30am pst. Logging in to my Adorama account still shows the order of 'Pending' status. Have not received the camera yet and got the generic notification this morning about it being still on backorder.

Frustrated on the long wait so I called pcnation last week as recommended by others and added my name on their waiting list. I didn't want to go this route by placing 2 orders but I'm not confident with Adorama delivering my camera anytime soon.

Will report back when my camera comes in.

Meganrogers
Like?

Maji wrote:

Thank you Megan for your reply. From HelenO's reply to your query, it appears that Adorama has caught up with all their NPS deliveries. Now it is time for them to deliver the goods to the non NPS preorderers.

Well,.... the problem is that you don't know how many allotments to Adorama have been taken up by NPS orders! For example (hypothetical): if Adorama is supposed to receive 50 D800's per month and they had 300 NPS orders, then Adorama would not receive any more D800's until the six month period has elapsed 300/50. This seems to be the case as Amazon, BestBuy, etc have been fulfilling non-NPS orders. They did have a D800 to offer as a contest prize. That one was probably meant to go to you!

HIREDGUN45
Like?
In reply to HIREDGUN45, May 7, 2012

Just got an email (3:30pm pst) from my Centurion card that Adorama has charged me for the D800, but weird that they made 2 charges $2949.99 and $50.00. Status on their online account still shows 'Pending' status so I called in and spoke to a rep who confirmed that my order has shipped and will receive a tracking number shortly! Will update if I get a tracking number.

Hope others are hearing the same good news from Adorama.

Meganrogers
Like?
In reply to HIREDGUN45, May 7, 2012

HIREDGUN45 wrote:

Just got an email (3:30pm pst) from my Centurion card that Adorama has charged me for the D800, but weird that they made 2 charges $2949.99 and $50.00. Status on their online account still shows 'Pending' status so I called in and spoke to a rep who confirmed that my order has shipped and will receive a tracking number shortly! Will update if I get a tracking number.

Hope others are hearing the same good news from Adorama.

That's great news! When did you place your order?

HIREDGUN45
Like?
In reply to Meganrogers, May 7, 2012

The confirmation email that Adorama sent shows 8:23am pst on Thursday 2/7 but IRC that I ordered from them online about an hour prior so around 7:20am pst. BTW I forgot to mention I am NOT NPS.

Maji
Like?
In reply to HIREDGUN45, May 8, 2012

HIREDGUN45 wrote:

... I called in and spoke to a rep who confirmed that my order has shipped and will receive a tracking number shortly! ...

Congratulations!!!

Maji
Like?
In reply to Meganrogers, May 8, 2012

Meganrogers wrote:

Maji wrote:

Well,.... the problem is that you don't know how many allotments to Adorama have been taken up by NPS orders!

From HelenO's posting, it looks like Adorama is caught up with all their NPS pre-orders. I hope Nikon uses this release as a lesson and makes an amendment to their NPS by-laws, banning flipping/scalping.

BrideShooter
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
In reply to Maji, May 8, 2012

Ordered D800 2/7 9:30am CST - shipped out tonight
Ordered another D800 2/7 10:05am CST - also shipped out tonight

Maji
Like?
In reply to BrideShooter, May 8, 2012

BrideShooter wrote:

Ordered D800 2/7 9:30am CST - shipped out tonight
Ordered another D800 2/7 10:05am CST - also shipped out tonight

Wow... it is getting close. I am getting excited
The receipt email for my order for D800 is 2/7 10:59am CST.

WatchFan1
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?

2/7 11:00AM EST.
Not delivered yet. With all the bugs, I do not mind.

HelenOster
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?

Maji wrote:

From HelenO's posting, it looks like Adorama is caught up with all their NPS pre-orders. I hope Nikon uses this release as a lesson and makes an amendment to their NPS by-laws, banning flipping/scalping.

However, I'm not clear whether, if an NPS member were to contact Nikon NOW & request a unit from Adorama's allocation, whether that would be placed ahead of our non-NPS member customers who placed orders already.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
In reply to Meganrogers, May 8, 2012

Meganrogers wrote:

They did have a D800 to offer as a contest prize. That one was probably meant to go to you!

My understanding is that prize will NOT be sent 'til all orders already placed have been distributed
Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

jmiller1948
Contributing MemberPosts: 658Gear list
Like?
In reply to BrideShooter, May 8, 2012

This is the best news I've heard in quite some time! The fact that non-NPS orders are starting to ship makes me hopeful. I'm headed to Paris and London next week and REALLY wanted to take the D800 with me. I have a D700, so I'm not in bad shape if it doesn't come, but being able to spot scratches on the Eiffel Tower from the Arc de Triomphe is intriguing!
--
Joel

There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.
Ernst Haas

jmiller1948's gear list:jmiller1948's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
David Freedman
Regular MemberPosts: 207
Like?
In reply to jmiller1948, May 8, 2012

I received my D800 tracking number from Adorama at 10pm EDT last night. I placed my order the morning of 2/7. It's currently out for delivery.

Jim Gilley
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
In reply to David Freedman, May 8, 2012

Just got an email that my D800E has shipped from Adorama. I imagine I was at the very top of their non-NPS list because I was on the phone at exactly 09:00:00 EST on 2/7 and was answered withing 15 seconds of that. Curiously, my credit card charge was $3249.95 instead of $3299.95. $50 bonus for not cancelling? I sure hope an 800E arrives tomorrow instead of an 800 since I already have one of those I snagged at Best Buy on 3/22. We'll see...

Maji
Like?
In reply to David Freedman, May 8, 2012

David Freedman wrote:

I received my D800 tracking number from Adorama at 10pm EDT last night. I placed my order the morning of 2/7. It's currently out for delivery.

What is the time of your order confirmation on the morning of 2/7?

Thank you.

dylanear
Senior MemberPosts: 2,297
Like?
In reply to HIREDGUN45, May 8, 2012

HIREDGUN45 wrote:

Just got an email (3:30pm pst) from my Centurion card that Adorama has charged me for the D800, but weird that they made 2 charges $2949.99 and $50.00.

The OM-D E-M5 I got a week or two ago from Adorama had the same type thing. A $50 charge and then the remaining balance of the order on another charge.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads