Pixma Pro9000 Mark II loading front tray problem

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions
photo990
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Pixma Pro9000 Mark II loading front tray problem
May 7, 2012

I really like this printer, but in order to use heavier weight fine art paper, the front tray must be used. The rear tray works fine, but I've not been able to load paper from the front tray. I've looked at demos on YouTube and Canon, but have not figured out the secret to getting the front tray green light to go on. Has anyone else had this problem and can you tell me what I can do to get it to work? Thanks!

John Little
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?
Re: Pixma Pro9000 Mark II loading front tray problem
In reply to photo990, May 7, 2012

Interesting! I didn't have any trouble getting the light to come on, but my canvas didn't go through, it came back out the front shaped like an accordion!
I just tried it again, and it was simple and quick.

I haven't seen any videos about it, I just looked in the onscreen manual under "paper loading." I assume you've done that?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
John_Hoffman
Regular MemberPosts: 332
Like?

Are you lifting up the front tray to the higher position?

rodbam
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,032
Like?
It's how you lift it

Once the front tray is down then half close it so it's looking up at about 45degs. You then pull it up keeping it at 45degs until you feel it stop then let the lid open fully.

This turns on the green light & the printer adjusts itself, you then press the green button & when it starts flashing you can insert your paper.

Because I only do one print at a time I only use the front load method for any type of paper & the paper stays nice & flat at all times.
Regards Rod

John Little
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?
Re: It's how you lift it
In reply to rodbam, May 8, 2012

The one time I tried to front-load (and it folded up in the printer), it was canvas and I had cut it to 8.5x5.5 (a half sheet). I wondered if maybe that was too small to front-load, and that was why it didn't go through. (I kind of smoothed that sheet out, and it rear-fed just fine, as did the other half and several other halves.) Do you front-load smaller sheets like that?

rodbam
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,032
Like?
A4 (letter) size
In reply to John Little, May 8, 2012

Is about the smallest I have printed John. They say when you cut paper yourself it must be very square or the printer has trouble feeding it. I have never printed canvas so have no knowledge about it.
Regards Rod

photo990
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
In reply to John_Hoffman, May 9, 2012

OK! I finally figured out how to lift the front tray so the green light goes on. However, I've not been able to load paper. It goes in, then the yellow light goes on and spits out the paper. At the instructions say, I wait until the power light stops flashing, and then press the green front tray button. Any clues about this? Thank you for your comments.

John_Hoffman
Regular MemberPosts: 332
Like?
In reply to photo990, May 9, 2012

I was able to create the situation you described when I loaded paper in the front tray but had rear try selected in the printer driver (actually in Easy photo Print Pro, which controls the driver).

Not sure if this is your problem or not.

DonRivest
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: It's how you lift it
In reply to rodbam, Sep 28, 2012

I to found your suggestion here very helpful. Your advise is much better than the manual. Thank you

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads