Quite nice...

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions
The Unknown Photographer
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
Quite nice...
May 7, 2012

finally got a chance to see first hand a 5D3 and the D800 (Both very nice units) If i didn't already have Canon lenses the Nikon would probably win me over ($800 less + tax in Canada) While I don't need high MP the high ISO would be nice and I may be able to go with 6FPS ( I still prefer 8 or better) Sounds like lots are happy with both units. While I was thinking one of these might be right for me I now know thats most likely not gonna happen. Now if I could get a look at the 1DX... who knows....

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
whitehat
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
Re: Quite nice...
In reply to The Unknown Photographer, May 7, 2012

I'm working with MK3's right now - the 1DX looks tempting though

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
The Unknown Photographer
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
In reply to whitehat, May 7, 2012

I was also thinking 1DmkIV would be a possibility also. High ISO and High Speed the perfect combination for Composite shots. Oh well guess I'll stick with my Antique 1Dmk2N for a bit longer....

rebel99
Senior MemberPosts: 2,152
Like?
In reply to The Unknown Photographer, May 7, 2012

i still have my 5D classic and enjoy using it; then i decided to by pass the 5D mkll all together and wait for 5D mklll. i have noticed that the new 5D mklll performs really well, especially impressed with DR and hi iso performance of this camera, however, i think i'll wait for the new 1dx, whenever it shows up, and then i'll make my final decision. i am sure the new 1dx will be a notch better than 5D3 in every aspect and leave it in the dust when it comes to action photog or at least hope that will be the case happy zooming.

cheerz.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads