Fuji X PRO 1 red performance coparison canon nikon
May 6, 2012

Images from imaging resource iso 100 all resized to 18mp and cropped

Cyclopedia Brown
Contributing MemberPosts: 606Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X PRO 1 red performance coparison canon nikon
In reply to klik27, May 6, 2012

Without any context or links to other articles etc, this image set really doesn't tell me what we are looking at or why....
--
Cyclopedia Creative Media
"Ideas that speak volumes"
Chi "Cyclopedia" Brown
http://CyclopediaCreativeMedia.com

Cyclopedia Brown's gear list:Cyclopedia Brown's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
klik27
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to Cyclopedia Brown, May 6, 2012

this are crops from imaging resource testing scene all images were resized to18mb and after resizing cropped red area to show red color performance if somebody dont know F30 is small pocket compact from 2006.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

jwalker019
Senior MemberPosts: 2,588Gear list
Like?
In reply to klik27, May 6, 2012

klik27 wrote:

this are crops from imaging resource testing scene all images were resized to18mb and after resizing cropped red area to show red color performance if somebody dont know F30 is small pocket compact from 2006.

Significance? It appears the X PRO 1 JPEG engine is not properly processing reds (note the difference in apparent detail between the X PRO 1 and, say, the Nikon D800).

In an earlier thread, I believe someone found the raw output could be massaged to show all the red detail in the scene, so just a poor JPEG processing choice - could probably be fixed via firmware update.

Would be interesting to see if any of the other colors was similarly affected.

-- hide signature --
 jwalker019's gear list:jwalker019's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Delbert_T
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
In reply to jwalker019, May 6, 2012

In an earlier thread, I believe someone found the raw output could be massaged to show all the red detail in the scene, so just a poor JPEG processing choice - could probably be fixed via firmware update.

I think Fuji has traditionally had an excellent JPEG engine. Although, they tend to favor "Visually Pleasing" images versus "Visually Accurate" images. Which gives very pleasing flesh tones, but high chroma reds have a tendency to have blow out highlights.

I think this is the case with the S2, S3 & S5 cameras.

Delbert

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads