Shy Beach Girl. C&C Appreciated

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions
huskerss1
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Shy Beach Girl. C&C Appreciated
May 6, 2012

A shy girl at New Smyrna Beach Florida. Was there to photograph the supermoon, but I like this shot better.

Shot with Ancient 5DMark II and 85mm 1.2L II . ISO 100, F3.2 No Post.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Brad Durack
Contributing MemberPosts: 766
Like?
Re: Shy Beach Girl. C&C Appreciated
In reply to huskerss1, May 6, 2012
-- hide signature --

Great shot, did you get written consent from the minors parents to publically post her photograph?

Brad Durack . Photographer

http://www.braddurack.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Apewithacamera
Senior MemberPosts: 2,138Gear list
Like?
What business is that of yours? nt
In reply to Brad Durack, May 6, 2012

no text

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brad Durack
Contributing MemberPosts: 766
Like?
Re: What business is that of yours? nt
In reply to Apewithacamera, May 6, 2012

And what buisness Is it of yours that I asked?

Apewithacamera wrote:

no text

-- hide signature --

Brad Durack . Photographer

http://www.braddurack.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
huskerss1
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Re: What business is that of yours? nt
In reply to Brad Durack, May 6, 2012

Thanks for asking. I am a children photographer. Never leave home without a blank photo release.

Best.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bjrn SWE
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Re: Shy Beach Girl. C&C Appreciated
In reply to huskerss1, May 6, 2012

That is one cool tattoo on her arm!
lol

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
huskerss1
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Re: Shy Beach Girl. C&C Appreciated
In reply to Bjrn SWE, May 6, 2012

funny that you say that. that is exactly I was thinking when I put the watermark on the photo. lol

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nitts999
Regular MemberPosts: 201
Like?
take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to Apewithacamera, May 6, 2012

He asked for feedback, which indicates he's probably not a wise old been-doing-this-for-40-years type veteran and rule #1 for that type of image is to make sure you're protecting yourself (and the child).

It's a valid discussion point and your response is not only mean-spirited, but unwarranted.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,777Gear list
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to nitts999, May 6, 2012

nitts999 wrote:

He asked for feedback, which indicates he's probably not a wise old been-doing-this-for-40-years type veteran and rule #1 for that type of image is to make sure you're protecting yourself (and the child).

It's a valid discussion point and your response is not only mean-spirited, but unwarranted.

Protecting the child from what? Who knows who the child is?. Who knows what her name is? This is a type of paranoia beyond that of Sen. Joseph McCarthy, at least from the perspective of a European.
America needs to focus its energies on real threats and not imaginary ones.

 Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list:Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
puttin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,789Gear list
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee, May 6, 2012

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee wrote:

nitts999 wrote:

He asked for feedback, which indicates he's probably not a wise old been-doing-this-for-40-years type veteran and rule #1 for that type of image is to make sure you're protecting yourself (and the child).

It's a valid discussion point and your response is not only mean-spirited, but unwarranted.

Protecting the child from what? Who knows who the child is?. Who knows what her name is? This is a type of paranoia beyond that of Sen. Joseph McCarthy, at least from the perspective of a European.
America needs to focus its energies on real threats and not imaginary ones.

To protect rom imaginary child stalkers at imaginary places.

 puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Nikon D800 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
huskerss1
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to puttin, May 6, 2012

What could I have done better in terms of photographing the subject.

Thanks for your input.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jaims
Senior MemberPosts: 2,069Gear list
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to huskerss1, May 6, 2012

I like it as you have uploaded it, huskerss1.

It is sharp and well exposed, the tight crop does for me, the background colors are also nice, and the expression of the child is great and natural (versus posing).

Well done.

Regards

 Jaims's gear list:Jaims's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
huskerss1
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to Jaims, May 6, 2012

Thanks. I was thinking of going a bit tighter. But settled for this crop.

I rarely get decent shots with 85mm 1.2 ii. What I am finding is that in AIServo it focuses better. I am waiting on 5D3 issues to be resolved.

Almost bought 1dsiii. But decided to wait for 5d3.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nitts999
Regular MemberPosts: 201
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee, May 6, 2012

uhh...what? Europe has far greater privacy/child protection laws than the US. You guys are freaks about privacy.

But I encourage you to try this out--head over to your favorite Italian beach. Start taking close-in, tight crop, long-lens photos of children w/ out their parents permission. Then report back to us how it feels to have 300mm crammed where the sun don't shine.

I'm all for photographic freedom, but taking pictures of children at the beach you have no relationship with and w/out permission is not only wrong, it's a good way to get yourself badly hurt.

I don't know if you are a child rapist or not. You might be. You might not. No one on this board can say for sure. But don't be surprised if you get treated like one if you start trying to play paparazzi to little girls in bikinis at the beach.

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee wrote:

nitts999 wrote:

He asked for feedback, which indicates he's probably not a wise old been-doing-this-for-40-years type veteran and rule #1 for that type of image is to make sure you're protecting yourself (and the child).

It's a valid discussion point and your response is not only mean-spirited, but unwarranted.

Protecting the child from what? Who knows who the child is?. Who knows what her name is? This is a type of paranoia beyond that of Sen. Joseph McCarthy, at least from the perspective of a European.
America needs to focus its energies on real threats and not imaginary ones.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,777Gear list
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to nitts999, May 6, 2012

nitts999 wrote:

uhh...what? Europe has far greater privacy/child protection laws than the US. You guys are freaks about privacy.

But I encourage you to try this out--head over to your favorite Italian beach. Start taking close-in, tight crop, long-lens photos of children w/ out their parents permission. Then report back to us how it feels to have 300mm crammed where the sun don't shine.

I'm all for photographic freedom, but taking pictures of children at the beach you have no relationship with and w/out permission is not only wrong, it's a good way to get yourself badly hurt.

I don't know if you are a child rapist or not. You might be. You might not. No one on this board can say for sure. But don't be surprised if you get treated like one if you start trying to play paparazzi to little girls in bikinis at the beach.

I don't photograph any children except my relatives, myself and it's not something that interests me.

Your extrapolation of my remark about paranoia to taking about child rapists is frankly bizarre.

Neither do I know that you are not a serial killer, that you didn't shelter Bin Ladin and that you weren't involved in a plot to kill a president by giving him an enema of a giant turnip laced with arsenic.. but you never know.. Perhaps you are all three???

p.s. Do trees speak to you?

 Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list:Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jaims
Senior MemberPosts: 2,069Gear list
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to huskerss1, May 6, 2012

huskerss1 wrote:

Thanks. I was thinking of going a bit tighter. But settled for this crop.

I rarely get decent shots with 85mm 1.2 ii. What I am finding is that in AIServo it focuses better. I am waiting on 5D3 issues to be resolved.

Almost bought 1dsiii. But decided to wait for 5d3.

I have a 50/1.2 and I want to buy the 5D3. I think that it will work better than with my 5Dc.

Regards

 Jaims's gear list:Jaims's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
huskerss1
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee, May 6, 2012

Can we please call it truce. I feel terrible for posting this image. Photography makes me happy and I wanted to share my passion with you guys. Not to start an argument.

BTW. I went to photograph the moon and got this. It was worth it.

Best.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Apewithacamera
Senior MemberPosts: 2,138Gear list
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to huskerss1, May 6, 2012

You have a remarkable candid photo there tastefully captured and one to be proud of. Thanks for sharing.

I enjoy candid photography myself.

Cheers

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
AusPhotographer
Regular MemberPosts: 130
Like?
Re: take a tranquilizer, Ape
In reply to Apewithacamera, May 6, 2012

Those photos are just plain creepy to me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nitts999
Regular MemberPosts: 201
Like?
creeptastic
In reply to AusPhotographer, May 6, 2012

Seriously, no wonder Ape was so quick to go on the offensive on the issue of parental permission. Imagine if you're that guy in the orange hat and you look to the left and see some guy with a long lens peeping out of the bushes at your and your child.
Creepy to the max.

AusPhotographer wrote:

Those photos are just plain creepy to me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads