Nickelback Rock Concert 5/5/12 Florida E-M5 45mm, 20mm

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions
photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,484Gear list
Like?
Nickelback Rock Concert 5/5/12 Florida E-M5 45mm, 20mm
May 6, 2012

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,484Gear list
Like?
10,000 people with the 20mm
In reply to photo perzon, May 6, 2012

that's what they looked like

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tim F 101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020
Like?
Gay

Decent pics, well-chosen lens given your seat, but Nickelback? Cripes, dude. Was there no other way for you to show off the camera's low ability? That's a lot to sacrifice for some pics on a forum.

Tim F 101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020
Like?
WTF autocorrect
In reply to Tim F 101, May 6, 2012

Why my effing iPad changed the last post topic from 'Huh' or something like that to 'Gay' I have no idea. Time to find a way to turn that nonsense off.

Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,860Gear list
Like?
ROFL nt

Tim F 101 wrote:

Why my effing iPad changed the last post topic from 'Huh' or something like that to 'Gay' I have no idea. Time to find a way to turn that nonsense off.

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Lights
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,189Gear list
Like?
Re: Nickelback Rock Concert 5/5/12 Florida E-M5 45mm, 20mm

Nice shots. Seems you have finally found your soul mate camera. They really are nice indeed.
--

http://www.pbase.com/madlights
http://barriolson.aminus3.com/

Lights
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,189Gear list
Like?
Re: WTF autocorrect

Tim F 101 wrote:

Awesome! who know what else it's changed. LOL...the wonders of modern tech, eh?
--

http://www.pbase.com/madlights
http://barriolson.aminus3.com/

Agitprop
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
In reply to photo perzon, May 7, 2012

I think at the least you would be better off using a longer lens. With the 20mm and 45mm the shots just look like fan shots from the stands. To get images that will truly stand out, you need to employ some social hacking skills. Several years ago I was planning on going to a Leonard Cohen concert and wanted to take some pics, so I got in touch with a major media outlet and asked if they would be interested in using me as a "stringer" for some concert pics. They agreed, so I called the promoter and said I was a photographer taking shots for a media outlet and I was going to be there for the concert anyway, so...

Clayton Jones
Contributing MemberPosts: 720
Like?

Very intriguing photos, they made me go back for 2nd and 3rd looks. The last one showing the hanging hardware especially caught my interest. Very nice! Thanks for posting these.

Regards,
Clayton

Info on black and white digital printing at
http://www.cjcom.net/digiprnarts.htm
I-Trak 2.1 http://www.cjcom.net/itrak.htm

dcassat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141Gear list
Like?
Wow!

Good for you. The first shot is just exceptional. Those shots of the lights are really good. Yeah you probably should have had a longer lens and a tripod yada, yada but let's focus on the good stuff here.

Right on.
--
Dan

dcassat's gear list:dcassat's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +5 more
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,161Gear list
Like?

Your first shot is exceptional: very dynamic and mesmerizing.
And every next is tad less, and less, and less...
And congratulations with new camera

-- hide signature --

I’m surprised how much Wikipedia contributes to the forum.

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Agitprop
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
Re: Wow!
In reply to dcassat, May 7, 2012

I'll agree that the quality of what the camera produces is fantastic, but the pictures themselves didn't really fire me up. I was offering some advice on how the OP may get more compelling concert images in the future.

Hans Gruber
Contributing MemberPosts: 870
Like?

Vastly better than pics of dog, house and wife. Good to get out. But I see lasers, not Nickelback. Need either closer seats or longer lens. But still a good exercise for the camera.

OdzBodkinz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,417
Like?
LMAO....
In reply to Tim F 101, May 7, 2012

Nice...

-- hide signature --

Money can't buy happiness....It has to be converted into photo equipment first.

pdelux
Regular MemberPosts: 354Gear list
Like?

Autocorrect uses your most commonly used words first... guess "gay" is at the top of that list

pdelux's gear list:pdelux's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
pdelux
Regular MemberPosts: 354Gear list
Like?
In reply to Hans Gruber, May 7, 2012

Hans Gruber wrote:

Vastly better than pics of dog, house and wife. Good to get out. But I see lasers, not Nickelback. Need either closer seats or longer lens. But still a good exercise for the camera.

Cmon no one really wants to "see" Nickelback

the OP did a great job!

pdelux's gear list:pdelux's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,494Gear list
Like?
In reply to pdelux, May 7, 2012

pdelux wrote:

Hans Gruber wrote:

Cmon no one really wants to "see" Nickelback

the OP did a great job!

Unless they're a warm up act I'd say from the size of the audience a lot of people what to see them. I've never heard of them, but I'm somewhat isolated.
--
It's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,621Gear list
Like?
What the heck?

These don't suck. What's gotten into you? I mean, someone else did all the cool lighting for you but jeez. Not too shabby.

Where are the boring pictures of your long-suffering and ever-patient wife? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER??? IS SHE SAFE????

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,860Gear list
Like?
Re: What the heck? -- Ditto!
In reply to LincolnB, May 7, 2012

I didn’t want to be the first to say it, but the perzon has go out of his house and taken an actual picture ?

AND excellent pix at that! Nice work, photo.

Hey -- is this a plus for the E-M5 of a minus?

LincolnB wrote:

These don't suck. What's gotten into you? I mean, someone else did all the cool lighting for you but jeez. Not too shabby.

Where are the boring pictures of your long-suffering and ever-patient wife? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER??? IS SHE SAFE????

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,895Gear list
Like?

Tim F 101 wrote:

I have not found anyway to disable it. Ths hen like behavior drives me nut, fst because I'm fatten switching between different languages and if I forget to chandelier the keyboard it would change all my words untill I notice it.

Here you just saw it and it was not intentional !

I have not found any way to disable it. This phone like behavior drives me nut, first because I'm often switching between different languages and if I forget to change the keyboard it would change all my words untill I notice it. Secondly because my olding iPad often miss a letter and then all the words get changed : worst cases : i o p a

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads