Nikon D800 , Amazon order cancelled

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions
andyplatt62
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Nikon D800 , Amazon order cancelled
May 6, 2012

Two months waiting for nothing . i feel like crying to be honest .
This email come from Amazon this morning 06/05/12 .
CAN THEY DO THIS TO ME .

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00763MHB4

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #202-xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx23 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account ).

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rrichie
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: Nikon D800 , Amazon order cancelled
In reply to andyplatt62, May 6, 2012

i'm so confused about this......what the heck is Amazon thinking. could've just waited a little bit longer and give you another order instead of cancelling the entire thing.

That or Nikon decided to call back all orders for damage control on their buggy D800 supplies.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
user_name
Senior MemberPosts: 2,682Gear list
Like?
I just picked up a D800
In reply to rrichie, May 6, 2012

Serial # 300070xx and no issues at all with mine. Even the battery is not on the recall list.

user_name's gear list:user_name's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
Sealtainn
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?

I'm guessing they decided it better to cancel rather than retain the open order so they would no longer have to honor the original price.

Mitchydkid
Regular MemberPosts: 306
Like?

It sucks for sure. But you should not feel like crying.... its just a camera. Yah, I know that YOU already know that, but maybe it will help to be reminded how unimportant this is in the big picture. I've been guilty of getting too worked up about something I wanted to purchase, but in the end... it was just a thing. I'm still waiting on my D800 and sometimes i think my lust for this camera is unhealthy. So lets keep this in pespective and we will be just fine. Nothing to to get too upset about.

On a positive note. In talking with some retailers I have been told that D800s are arriving in larger quantities, so maybe you can re-order with someone else and get the camera sooner than you think.

Good luck,
-D

ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,051Gear list
Like?

Interesting, I have a D800 order with Amazon but I didn't received that e-mail from them. I received an e-mail that said my D800 would take a while to be delivered, but they didn't cancel my order.

-- hide signature --

Allen
I yam what I yam and that's all that I am. Popeye

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
andyplatt62
Like?
In reply to Sealtainn, May 6, 2012

Think your right on that , Im so pixxed off though , i sold my 700 to afford the D800 an now nothing . All of this as made me think should i really get this camera right now , with all the problems and all that .

WatchFan1
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?

rrichie wrote:

i'm so confused about this......what the heck is Amazon thinking. could've just waited a little bit longer and give you another order instead of cancelling the entire thing.

That or Nikon decided to call back all orders for damage control on their buggy D800 supplies.

I agree , VERY strange !!

andyplatt62
Like?
In reply to Mitchydkid, May 6, 2012

Thx for that : )

inasir1971
Senior MemberPosts: 3,103Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sealtainn, May 6, 2012

+1 on the following post. Doubt that Nikon has stopped deliveries - I got a D800E two days ago.

For Amazon, they never guaranteed you delivery of the product - now given the length of time and uncertainty of deliveries they can argue that that is the reason that they have chosen this course of action. Of course they are happy to now be able to do this.

They can't charge you anything for this of course.

fwiw, Nikon seem to be giving online retailers a very low priority over traditional dealers in terms of supplying equipment (with everything from cameras to lenses and accessories).

For anyone in Bangkok, Sunny Photo / Niks (Nikon dealer) Silom road had another D800E when I went there on Friday morning (They've been closed since Friday afternoon and should be opening Tuesday morning). I posted this earlier for anyone in Thailand who may want one. It is at the official Nikon price of THB 109,990 (dealers are not allowed to charge more or less than that and have to issue a receipt with serial no for warranty).

166 Silom Road
Bangkok, Sathorn 10500
Thailand
+66 2635 6690

Sealtainn wrote:

I'm guessing they decided it better to cancel rather than retain the open order so they would no longer have to honor the original price.

PMMP
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?

I got this same email this morning from amazon uk.

PictPerfect
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?

Nikon is favoring its bricks and mortar better dealers. After waiting for months for Amazon USA to ship my camera (pre-ordered the day after the announcement) I stopped by a local store and got one in a week and a half! Find a bricks and mortar dealer who favors Nikon over other brands and they should be able to get you one sooner than the online stores. Good luck.

russbarnes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,081Gear list
Like?
Re:They've cancelled mine too.

Amazon's credibility just went down the toilet for me. Lesson learned.

I've had an order in place since 16th March at £2099. They've clearly cancelled the lot because they've made a decision on margins. I'll never fall for their crap and place an order for a high priced item from Amazon again - I cancelled a pre-order with WEX based on their price and delivery PROMISE which I verified before placing that order.

I sourced another camera from Amazon.de, which is now with Nikon UK for repair with the left sided AF fault. The whole experience has been utter garbage from Nikon's supply, to faults, to lies and deceit from a retailer like Amazon. Incredible.

russbarnes's gear list:russbarnes's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +3 more
exposure
Contributing MemberPosts: 957
Like?
In reply to russbarnes, May 6, 2012

Mine cancelled to, I'm so angry especially when the email states the the item is no longer available from their supplier. Their supplier is Nikon so either they have stopped manufacturing the camera or Nikon will not supply them.

Just going to email Chris North and also Nikon. What a fiasco.
--
http://www.andrewatkinsonphotography.co.uk
http://andrewatkinson.aminus3.com/

Art Jacks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,518
Like?
In reply to exposure, May 6, 2012

As a matter of interest are the posters here with cancelled orders the same customers who were able to order at the temporary lower prices ? Being a cynic I am always suspicious of moves like this.
--

A selection of my images can be found at http://www.photo-genesis.net follow the galleries link then select the Jacks gallery

marknichols
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?

Just had the same e-mail totally disgusted with Amazon, i have mailed them and if they dont honour my order i will never shop with them again,

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00763MHB4

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #203-8231922-3453907 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account ).

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

russbarnes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,081Gear list
Like?
In reply to Art Jacks, May 6, 2012

Yes of course - I expect they got hundreds of order requests at £2099, mine included, all now wrapped in unfulfilled lies.

Art Jacks wrote:

As a matter of interest are the posters here with cancelled orders the same customers who were able to order at the temporary lower prices ? Being a cynic I am always suspicious of moves like this.
--

A selection of my images can be found at http://www.photo-genesis.net follow the galleries link then select the Jacks gallery

russbarnes's gear list:russbarnes's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +3 more
Art Jacks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,518
Like?
In reply to marknichols, May 6, 2012

At least Nikon when they realised they had made a ' mistake ' with the UK pricing had the decency to honour the original price to existing pre order customers, I am sure the outcry here and other forums had nothing to do with their decision
--

GeorgeG9
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?

My apologies when I suggested that a previous poster who claimed his order had been cancelled was lying. Amazon have also cancelled my pre-order. I am beyond enraged at what has gone on. Both Amazon and Nikon have handled this very poorly and at this point I do not intend to re-order. This is absolute b*llshit.

I'm sure after complaining to Amazon all I will get is a £10 gift certificate for my inconvenience. What a f*cking joke.

caribou
Senior MemberPosts: 1,017
Like?

I got the same email cancelling my order from 13th March.

Amazon should of been straight with us from the beginning, instead of leading us on all this time. They have messed up big time. Alot of people were relying on Amazon to deliver this camera.

I feel Nikon told them they could not have the camera at the cheap price.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads