K-01 Bug List

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions
Bonchef
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
K-01 Bug List
May 5, 2012

Would like to share a bug list as an attempt to confirm the issues I experienced are not specific to my copy nor user error for that matter. I am particularly concerned with #1... any owner's feedback are much appreciated.

1) using internal flash with Program the exposure seems dead-on most of the time but Tv and Av tends to be consistently 0.7-1 EV over-exposed

2) occasionally not responsive after shot - cannot replay shot, etc. pressing shutter once seems to recover from the hang-up. I suspect it might be an SD card issue, will continue to observe as I can yet to reproduce the issue consistently.

3) in Auto mode, Flash will switch from auto-flash to manual flash if I touch the flash setting in other modes and then switch back to auto

4) AE lock customization for movie mode - AF1 seems to imply half-press of shutter will also re-focus but in my case AF1/AF2 behaves the same: only AE-lock can refocus

5) (enhancement request) pre-focused shutter lag seems a tad slow

6) (enhancement request) why can't we have peaking in movie mode with manual focus

7) (enhancement request) button customization can use more flexibility - currently certain mode-specific (e.g. program shift) customization will render the button useless in non-applicable modes

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,305Gear list
Like?
Point #2
In reply to Bonchef, May 5, 2012

As for your #2 i think it's your card, i use Sandisk Ultra or Extreme and Panasonic "Gold" series (similar to Sandisk extreme class 10) cards and they all work perfectly and never had any problem with your comment in point #2.
--
Leopold
Pentax forever
http://smarcoux.zenfolio.com/
http://www.limagier-photo.com/
http://www.firstlight.com/galleries.php
http://steevemarcoux2.wordpress.com/

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alwina H
Regular MemberPosts: 210
Like?
Re: K-01 Bug List

(6) looks a deal breaker for me (if I would buy the K-1 for making movies).

Bonchef wrote:

Would like to share a bug list as an attempt to confirm the issues I experienced are not specific to my copy nor user error for that matter. I am particularly concerned with #1... any owner's feedback are much appreciated.

1) using internal flash with Program the exposure seems dead-on most of the time but Tv and Av tends to be consistently 0.7-1 EV over-exposed

2) occasionally not responsive after shot - cannot replay shot, etc. pressing shutter once seems to recover from the hang-up. I suspect it might be an SD card issue, will continue to observe as I can yet to reproduce the issue consistently.

3) in Auto mode, Flash will switch from auto-flash to manual flash if I touch the flash setting in other modes and then switch back to auto

4) AE lock customization for movie mode - AF1 seems to imply half-press of shutter will also re-focus but in my case AF1/AF2 behaves the same: only AE-lock can refocus

5) (enhancement request) pre-focused shutter lag seems a tad slow

6) (enhancement request) why can't we have peaking in movie mode with manual focus

7) (enhancement request) button customization can use more flexibility - currently certain mode-specific (e.g. program shift) customization will render the button useless in non-applicable modes

-- hide signature --

A.

Uloo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,422Gear list
Like?
In reply to Alwina H, May 5, 2012

Do other mirrorless brand have that feature ?
I mean focus peaking while shooting a movie ?
I dont see how that can be done.
Ulrich

Uloo's gear list:Uloo's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +1 more
ET2
ET2
Senior MemberPosts: 3,742Gear list
Like?
In reply to Uloo, May 5, 2012

Uloo wrote:

Do other mirrorless brand have that feature ?
I mean focus peaking while shooting a movie ?

Sure. All Nex cameras can use peaking in video. I think all recent A-mount SLT cameras can do it as well.

And of course most camcorders have been doing it for years.

AAnatoly
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?

1) I have exactly the same exposure in P, Av and Tv with internal flash.
2) It needs some time for replay but it's consistant. I use SanDisk Ultra.
3) Confirmed.
4) Confirmed.
5) Agree.
6) Agree.
7) Agree.

Uloo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,422Gear list
Like?
In reply to ET2, May 5, 2012

Thanks I didnt know that.
Wow thats how far behind I'm on technology ......
And all I have been doing all this time was taking pictures.....
I may need to open a book or something.

Uloo's gear list:Uloo's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +1 more
Bonchef
Like?
In reply to AAnatoly, May 5, 2012

Thanks a lot! I will take the camera back to shop and compare based on the 15-day exchange. The challenge is when swapping I would not know what other defects I may get on next draw...

Bonchef
Like?
In reply to Bonchef, May 6, 2012

Bonchef wrote:

I realized it could be related to the "no instant review" option I used. I tried a new sandisk card today and same hang-up from time to time. Then I switch back to instant replay and the hang-up is seemingly gone.

AAnatoly
Like?
In reply to Bonchef, May 6, 2012

Bonchef wrote:
I realized it could be related to the "no instant review" option I used.

I'm using 1s instant review and some delay exists yet it's consistent.

AAnatoly
Like?
Re: K-01 with external flash
In reply to Bonchef, May 11, 2012

Dear K-01 owners, please try external flash. My Sigma EF-500 DG Super doesn't work. However it does work on both K100D and K-r.
I'd like to know whether it's bug or malfunction or incompatibility.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads