E-M5s from Amazon USA

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions
gulffish
Senior MemberPosts: 2,132Gear list
Like?
E-M5s from Amazon USA
May 5, 2012

Anyone getting lucky yet? My black 12-50 was ordered on Feb 8 at 10:00A, nothing yet. Groan!
--
Kirk

Panda9
Regular MemberPosts: 423
Like?
Re: E-M5s from Amazon USA
In reply to gulffish, May 5, 2012

gulffish wrote:

Anyone getting lucky yet? My black 12-50 was ordered on Feb 8 at 10:00A, nothing yet. Groan

I received my black E-M5 + 12-50 last Tuesday from Amazon. I ordered mine in the first hour of availability on the 7th.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Michael Dodge Thomas
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
In reply to Panda9, May 5, 2012

Still nothing on my Silver 14-12, ordered early 2/8.

I placed an order with Cameraland.com this morning, it appears that I may be able to get one from a shipment coming in Monday or Tuesday - would be nice as I'll be in Amsterdam for two weeks starting next Sunday.

caver3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 680Gear list
Like?
In reply to gulffish, May 5, 2012

gulffish wrote:

Anyone getting lucky yet? My black 12-50 was ordered on Feb 8 at 10:00A, nothing yet. Groan!
-

I ordered on Feb. 7. Hopefully we're getting close to getting it.

caver3d

caver3d's gear list:caver3d's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1
Thatironicsmile
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
In reply to caver3d, May 7, 2012

Has anyone who's ordered a 12-50mm kit through Amazon (black or silver) received a ship notification today? There were rumblings last week that at least some retailers were expecting to receive new stock today or tomorrow.

Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,019Gear list
Like?
Fingers crossed
In reply to Thatironicsmile, May 7, 2012

Have my black 12-50 kit ordered through a local dealer... just waiting for the call
--
Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Pikme
Senior MemberPosts: 1,467
Like?
In reply to gulffish, May 7, 2012

Nothing, but my order was 2/11. I doubt I'll ever pre-order from Amazon again, since it seems the little guys are getting the orders filled more quickly.

-- hide signature --

Roberto M.

radsaq
Contributing MemberPosts: 699Gear list
Like?
In reply to Pikme, May 7, 2012

Pikme wrote:

Nothing, but my order was 2/11. I doubt I'll ever pre-order from Amazon again, since it seems the little guys are getting the orders filled more quickly.

Seems like the larger outfits (Amazon, B&H, Adorama) were flooded with far more preorders than they could get stock, and were unable to fill them with the first shipment. Lots of people are making similar statements about the other large retailers, but I'm pretty sure most people who ordered from them are still sitting and waiting due to the simple math of it. Some people have gotten lucky by getting in orders at smaller shops, but obviously if the huge number of preorders that the big guys received were shifted off, that wouldn't work very well either.

There just simply aren't enough E-M5s out there yet for everybody.

(... and I'm sitting here waiting for one I preordered on 2/29.. going to be a while.)

-- hide signature --
 radsaq's gear list:radsaq's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
sparklite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,011Gear list
Like?
Why is Olympus unable to supply the product?

Why is Olympus unable to fill these preorders... was it weather related issues in Asia impacting supply chain or poor management of the product rollout?

sparklite's gear list:sparklite's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more
RMillward
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is Olympus unable to supply the product?
In reply to sparklite, May 7, 2012

Obviously, they simply underestimated how popular it would be, and they don't have the line capacity to make them any faster. I'm sure it's frustrating for those who preordered, but I'd much rather have Olympus in THIS position than have had them ramp up capacity and stockpile units that no one wants to buy... As an "Apple guy," I guess I'm just used to this hype-madness-wait period!

RMillward's gear list:RMillward's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
oilman010101
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?

Ordered mine on Feb 12. Never would have guessed I'd be waiting this long. I'm only in the US for another week and a half. If I don't get mine in the next few days, I'll probably pay a premium and order from ebay.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads