Kick UN out of New York

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Kick UN out of New York
May 5, 2012

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

UN's correspondent on indigenous peoples urges government to act to combat 'racial discrimination' felt by Native Americans"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/04/us-stolen-land-indian-tribes-un

Damn communists, get out of our country!

KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 16,170
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations.

So, do you actually deny that the early European settlers DID just waltz in and steal take the land from the local indigenous peoples?

KEV

"It is a small gesture, but one that can be very effective - especially in a large crowd. So fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Benjamin Franklin 'The Dream' 1751)

http://kvincentphotography.ca/stackedimages
http://kvincentphotography.ca/designerflorals
http://kvincentphotography.ca/macro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lanef
Forum ProPosts: 10,317
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

UN's correspondent on indigenous peoples urges government to act to combat 'racial discrimination' felt by Native Americans"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/04/us-stolen-land-indian-tribes-un

Damn communists, get out of our country!

Who is IN and OUT in your "OUR" definition?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brian
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,769
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I'd rather keep it here until we can completely get rid of it.

Princess Leia wrote:

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

UN's correspondent on indigenous peoples urges government to act to combat 'racial discrimination' felt by Native Americans"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/04/us-stolen-land-indian-tribes-un

Damn communists, get out of our country!

-- hide signature --

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
YoHahnMD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,954
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

-- hide signature --

Vote NoBama for Ex-President in 2012

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brian
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,769
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, May 5, 2012

Sorry, couldn't care less about what happened 200-400 years ago. Lands have always been fought over in this world and to the victor goes the spoils. If the indigenous people of today have a problem, then that's their problem. They need to get over themselves. What was once their distant ancestor is not, was not and will not be theirs. They have no right to it and they need to look in the mirror and face reality.

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations.

So, do you actually deny that the early European settlers DID just waltz in and steal take the land from the local indigenous peoples?

KEV

"It is a small gesture, but one that can be very effective - especially in a large crowd. So fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Benjamin Franklin 'The Dream' 1751)

http://kvincentphotography.ca/stackedimages
http://kvincentphotography.ca/designerflorals
http://kvincentphotography.ca/macro

-- hide signature --

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Paljas
Senior MemberPosts: 2,331
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

UN's correspondent on indigenous peoples urges government to act to combat 'racial discrimination' felt by Native Americans"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/04/us-stolen-land-indian-tribes-un

Damn communists, get out of our country!

The Fairy Princess has opened an interesting debate. With all the subtlety and swing of her warrior cinnamon bun. What would we do without such a gorgeous lady.

Surely in reality all the land, water and air on the planet is for the common use of all the people of the earth.

It is common and therefore not owned by anyone.

Land could not be stolen from the Indians - they never owned it. Indians would know this.

If any land is owned it has been stolen from the common which is for the use of all citizens of the world

-- hide signature --

Observing dreaming seeking

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 16,170
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Brian, May 5, 2012

Brian wrote:

Sorry, couldn't care less about what happened 200-400 years ago. Lands have always been fought over in this world and to the victor goes the spoils.

OK, so IF the Chinese eventually develop a mega military might and decide to send 25 million troops over to North America to conquor it...that's all just fine & dandy with you.

After all, it's just another battle and to the victor goes the spoils.

Were on Earth did you get such a ridiculous outlook from?

Really...I'm starting to wonder how the Fvck...some of you right-wing Yanks got so screwed up with your nutbar mentality, etc.

In 200-400 years...the Holocaust will be just "old history" too....so, using your analogy here...I suppose people shouldn't give a damn about such an event either?

After all, it was just a German dude...killing a few Jews, etc and fighting over some land in Europe - who gives a $hit - right?

And, then of course you have the American slave-trade...that was a couple of hundered years ago now...so what the heck - who cares? - that's the black folks problem...not yours, they just need to take a good look in the mirror and get over it

WOW, what a messed up mindset you have...

KEV

"It is a small gesture, but one that can be very effective - especially in a large crowd. So fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Benjamin Franklin 'The Dream' 1751)

http://kvincentphotography.ca/stackedimages
http://kvincentphotography.ca/designerflorals
http://kvincentphotography.ca/macro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
D P O'neil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,872
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

The "Cut N Paste" Queen strikes again. LOL
--
Kind Regards
Dennis P O'Neil APSNZ
'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,312Gear list
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, May 5, 2012

So we assume that if one comes first, that person or tribe automatically has more rights. Why is the moment when someone or something comes somewhere connected with rights??? I do not see the connection, although it is applied so many times it has no logic behind it. Both have the same rights in a country, once newcomers live there. Imigrants in the US who are legal, they have the same rights I guess? They do over here. They are every bit as native as anyone else in my view.

May be it is right to acknowledge the crimes against the Indians and truely help them withtheir current situation. I m not an expert but I believe many are on drugs and alcohol and face not a good future. That has to be the outcome of newcomers (relatively) and what they did. Not sure though....

 Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 12,198Gear list
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

Our friend Ubilam will now list the UN as "America Hater" and plan to nuke its facilities.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sante Patate
Senior MemberPosts: 2,983
Like?
The Trail of Tears
In reply to Jorginho, May 5, 2012

The thing is that the US Congress - not just once but repeatedly - passed laws saying that if the Indians gave up the land they lived on - Florida and Georgia, eg - they could have land to the west - Oklahoma, eg ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Removal_Act_of_1830 ). Then when the white folks filled up Georgia or wherever the Congress changed its mind and the Indians had to move on. And on, and on, until there was no more land to pretend to give them, and they were left with nothing. So this wasn't an act of conquest, it was protracted, considered faithlessness by a nation that then and now claimed to pride itself on its ethical standards.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Paljas
Senior MemberPosts: 2,331
Like?
Re: The Trail of Tears
In reply to Sante Patate, May 5, 2012

Sante Patate wrote:

The thing is that the US Congress - not just once but repeatedly - passed laws saying that if the Indians gave up the land they lived on - Florida and Georgia, eg - they could have land to the west - Oklahoma, eg ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Removal_Act_of_1830 ). Then when the white folks filled up Georgia or wherever the Congress changed its mind and the Indians had to move on. And on, and on, until there was no more land to pretend to give them, and they were left with nothing. So this wasn't an act of conquest, it was protracted, considered faithlessness by a nation that then and now claimed to pride itself on its ethical standards.

Pretty much what happened here. I have grown to be very wary with anyone who prides themselves on their ethical standards. Even more so if any religion is involved.

-- hide signature --

Observing dreaming seeking

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RossAndrew
Senior MemberPosts: 2,719
Like?
Re ;Paljas just old history
In reply to Paljas, May 5, 2012

Paljas;------ did you notice how----- Kevzphotos------- said,
-------- ( in 200 to 400 years the holocaust will be just like old history too).

-- hide signature --

As I was saying to you,---- ( just a hiccup in history)----- this dose mean that this has been trivialized any way as you so rudely put it.

----------------I DO NOT TRIVIALIZES ANY MAJOR EVENTS IN HISTORY --------------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 6,322
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, May 5, 2012

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Brian wrote:

Sorry, couldn't care less about what happened 200-400 years ago. Lands have always been fought over in this world and to the victor goes the spoils.

OK, so IF the Chinese eventually develop a mega military might and decide to send 25 million troops over to North America to conquor it...that's all just fine & dandy with you.

After all, it's just another battle and to the victor goes the spoils.

Were on Earth did you get such a ridiculous outlook from?

Really...I'm starting to wonder how the Fvck...some of you right-wing Yanks got so screwed up with your nutbar mentality, etc.

In 200-400 years...the Holocaust will be just "old history" too....so, using your analogy here...I suppose people shouldn't give a damn about such an event either?

After all, it was just a German dude...killing a few Jews, etc and fighting over some land in Europe - who gives a $hit - right?

And, then of course you have the American slave-trade...that was a couple of hundered years ago now...so what the heck - who cares? - that's the black folks problem...not yours, they just need to take a good look in the mirror and get over it

WOW, what a messed up mindset you have...

LOL! Israel?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rjjr
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,338
Like?
Is it assumed...
In reply to Brian, May 5, 2012

Brian wrote:

...Lands have always been fought over in this world and to the victor goes the spoils.

Is it assumed that the indigenous peoples in what has become known as the "Americas" never warred amongst themselves over territory?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brian
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,769
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, May 5, 2012

Kev, you do let your panties get in a bunch don't you.

You just make up some hippie rule and hope you can get some traction with hippie sympathizers. The rule I stated has been in place since the dawn of the world.

Let's go look below and hang you with your own words.

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Brian wrote:

Sorry, couldn't care less about what happened 200-400 years ago. Lands have always been fought over in this world and to the victor goes the spoils.

After all, it's just another battle and to the victor goes the spoils.

Were on Earth did you get such a ridiculous outlook from?

Perhaps from 7000 years of enforcement of it. Where did you get yours?

Really...I'm starting to wonder how the Fvck...some of you right-wing Yanks got so screwed up with your nutbar mentality, etc.

Really, I thought this was how the current make up of countries of the world came to be. Perhaps I was wrong and the Brits and French peacefully entered what is now Canada and just settled where there were no indigenous people.

In 200-400 years...the Holocaust will be just "old history" too....so, using your analogy here...I suppose people shouldn't give a damn about such an event either?

After all, it was just a German dude...killing a few Jews, etc and fighting over some land in Europe - who gives a $hit - right?

Wait, according you hippie theory, that German dude was only righting a wrong committed by the barbarous Jews so many thousands of years ago for killing so many indigenous people to create a home for themselves. It must be painful to you that he didn't complete task at hand.

And, then of course you have the American slave-trade...that was a couple of hundered years ago now...so what the heck - who cares? - that's the black folks problem...not yours, they just need to take a good look in the mirror and get over it

Of course you are trying to be facetious, but the reality of it is, they do. I owe them nothing. No one owes them anything.

WOW, what a messed up mindset you have...

Nah, I'm not the one that partake of the wonder weed. My mindset is quite fine. you are the one that is disappointed that the Jews didn't get their just reward.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
René Schuster
Forum ProPosts: 11,618
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to Princess Leia, May 5, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

"US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

Sure, as it is not about the entire US, which some might say was stolen from the Indians, but only about land that was later given back to them and what is covered by treaties. If these treaties got broken, something has to be done about it. I could imagine they could live very well with a solution that would give them at least a fair share in the money that is made from their land by the timber industry, farming, mining, etc.

Kev probably doesn't want to hear it, but the same goes for Israel and Palestine. There are clear treaties, too, but just like in the case of the US and the land of the Indians the Israeli administration doesn't give a damn about these treaties or UN resolutions in that context. And nobody tell me now it's comparing apples and oranges! And the holocaust 70 years ago is no excuse to constantly ignore UN resolutions today!

Damn communists, get out of our country!

Yea, the UN are oh so wonderful whenever it comes to find a justification ("the global community has decided") to an otherwise illegal war, but for the US that's about it. Doesn't work that way!

RS

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Paljas
Senior MemberPosts: 2,331
Like?
Re: Re ;Paljas just old history
In reply to RossAndrew, May 5, 2012

RossAndrew wrote:

Paljas;------ did you notice how----- Kevzphotos------- said,
-------- ( in 200 to 400 years the holocaust will be just like old history too).

Now that you showed me I do. Kev does that kind of thing

-- hide signature --

As I was saying to you,---- ( just a hiccup in history)----- this dose mean that this has been trivialized any way as you so rudely put it.

Oh gosh are we back to the hiccups. I don't get anything rude in what I said. I can get rude if you want to compare.

-- hide signature --

I DO NOT TRIVIALIZES ANY MAJOR EVENTS IN HISTORY --------------

Okay I get your point

I think of hiccups as trivial events. So when you refer to a major events as a hiccup then that is what I think you mean.

mmmm...... maybe we have a different view on what a major event is. Would you give me some examples of what you regard as major events?

I am trying to relate your reply to my post in this thread. Help me

-- hide signature --

Observing dreaming seeking

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Re: Kick UN out of New York
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, May 5, 2012

The Made in China ships and planes will crash transporting these 25m troops before even reaching the US mainland!

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Brian wrote:

Sorry, couldn't care less about what happened 200-400 years ago. Lands have always been fought over in this world and to the victor goes the spoils.

OK, so IF the Chinese eventually develop a mega military might and decide to send 25 million troops over to North America to conquor it...that's all just fine & dandy with you.

After all, it's just another battle and to the victor goes the spoils.

Were on Earth did you get such a ridiculous outlook from?

Really...I'm starting to wonder how the Fvck...some of you right-wing Yanks got so screwed up with your nutbar mentality, etc.

In 200-400 years...the Holocaust will be just "old history" too....so, using your analogy here...I suppose people shouldn't give a damn about such an event either?

After all, it was just a German dude...killing a few Jews, etc and fighting over some land in Europe - who gives a $hit - right?

And, then of course you have the American slave-trade...that was a couple of hundered years ago now...so what the heck - who cares? - that's the black folks problem...not yours, they just need to take a good look in the mirror and get over it

WOW, what a messed up mindset you have...

KEV

"It is a small gesture, but one that can be very effective - especially in a large crowd. So fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Benjamin Franklin 'The Dream' 1751)

http://kvincentphotography.ca/stackedimages
http://kvincentphotography.ca/designerflorals
http://kvincentphotography.ca/macro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads