G1X, Simpson Beach; Slo Mo and Fast Mo (2 img)

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions
ernieF
Senior MemberPosts: 1,591Gear list
Like?
G1X, Simpson Beach; Slo Mo and Fast Mo (2 img)
May 5, 2012

1/100 sec and 13 sec. w/ G1X. Sentinel Rock in the background. Shore Acres St. Pk., Oregon coast.

Comments welcome. Cheers. Ernie

ernieF's gear list:ernieF's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +5 more
howardfuhrman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,450
Like?
Re: G1X, Simpson Beach; Slo Mo and Fast Mo (2 img)
In reply to ernieF, May 5, 2012

Ernie,

Both shots are excellent!!!
--
Howard
http://www.photo.net/photos/howardfuhrman

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chenavi
Forum MemberPosts: 91
Like?

Nice photos as usual, I love the colors and composition, however the first one looks a bit overprocessed (the rest as well, though to a lesser degree - perhaps because of the blurry water). Grainy and oversharpened, and some unexpected noise (at ISO250) in the sky as well. Are these straight out of the camera? Did you apply any sharpening?

ernieF
Like?

Chenavi; thank-you for your comments. These are RAW> TIF> JPG and then PP some in PSP X4 and NIK Efex.

I learned long ago that files had to be sharpened quite a bit to appear sharp on this forum-- that pretty much applies to saturation and contrast too. They look better on my big Pro NEC calibrated monitor though not at this sharpness level. I haven't yet found the optimum PP for good uploads.

Cheers. Ernie

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +5 more
aryking
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Re: G1X, Simpson Beach; useful info for newbie to forum

ernieF wrote:

Chenavi; thank-you for your comments. These are RAW> TIF> JPG and then PP some in PSP X4 and NIK Efex.

I learned long ago that files had to be sharpened quite a bit to appear sharp on this forum-- that pretty much applies to saturation and contrast too. They look better on my big Pro NEC calibrated monitor though not at this sharpness level. I haven't yet found the optimum PP for good uploads.

Cheers. Ernie

Thanks for this info. I need some guidance on how best to post images that show merits of photo without being unnecessarily large.

Thanks

Alan

ernieF
Like?
Re: G1X, Simpson Beach; useful info for newbie to forum
In reply to aryking, May 5, 2012

Oh-- re noise in sky and iso 250. I had been doing long exposures in M mode, then switched to Av for normal exposures, and inadvertantly set ISO to "auto". I like auto, but wouldn"t have intentionally used it for ahot like this. I expect a too heavy USM caused the slightly visible noise. It would print well though.

Cheers. Ernie

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads