Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions
Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 1,916Gear list
Like?
Olympus Store Reconditioned XZ-1 for $299
May 5, 2012

Is that a good price? Thanks.

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ClintB
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
Re: Olympus Store Reconditioned XZ-1 for $299
In reply to Gesture, May 5, 2012

Umm, yes. Very good price. Reconditioned comes with a full 1 year manufacturer warranty, correct?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cirrusflyer
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
In reply to ClintB, May 6, 2012

Looks like 90 days.

Kirppu
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
In reply to cirrusflyer, May 6, 2012

My opinion is that's still a good deal. If there's something wrong it will probably go wrong in the 90 day period. Otherwise it's just bad luck.
--
Hobbyist member

Kirppu's gear list:Kirppu's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +8 more
Er1k
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to Kirppu, May 22, 2012

It seems that the Olympus store reconditioned cameras may not be the safest bet. The first refurbished XZ-1 I received had dirt in the wheel around the lens, and multiple lines of bright green pixels across the screen. The second one I just received is severely dinged up and looks like the previous owner banged it against a brick wall/concrete on many different occasions. I am going to return both and just buy a new one for the extra $100...and wish I had just payed the extra $100 from the beginning.

Just a warning to anyone else who may be considering refurbished cameras from Olympus!

Gesture
Like?
In reply to Er1k, May 23, 2012

Thanks fir telling us your experiences with Olympus refurb.

OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,191Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gesture, May 27, 2012

I got my refurbished $299 XZ-1 from Olympus two weeks ago. It is in perfect working order and looks brand new. Not even one scratch. I guess I am luckier than some others.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Fujifilm XF1 +18 more
Gesture
Like?
In reply to OpticsEngineer, May 27, 2012

That the way a refurb should be. Certainly, one would be hard pressed to tell an Epson refurb printer, for example, from the original. In Epson's case, you get full ink set and usually free shipping. Apple computer refurbs are very close in price to new, but, again, one would be hard pressed to tell from new from all the reports I've read. Refurb cameras seem to carry 90-day warranties. Epson printers are full one-year, I believe.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads