Adobe bargain

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions
David Franklin
Contributing MemberPosts: 947
Like?
Adobe bargain
May 4, 2012

Even though I've been a professional digital retoucher, and photographer, since about 1996, I don't think I've ever posted on this forum before; I'm usually found on the 1D/5D forum, when I get the time.

This may have been posted before, so forgive me if I'm repeating something everyone already knows.

Here goes. At least for the software package I now own - Master Suite 5.0 - there is now what looks like an unprecedented way to get the version CS6 of MS, by purchasing the downloading version of the MSCS5.5 between now and midnight on Sunday for $550.00, and then automatically receiving v6 download rights for free next week. This is, in effect, a 50% discount on version 6.0, something Adobe usually never does. You've got to do this through the Adobe store. Check out the website. I did it over the phone; you can do it online, but the online offer is very hard to find now - they've replaced it with marketing material about version 6 since I last saw the special offer online a couple of days ago.

This same deal may also apply to all the other suites which cost less than the Master Suite I have - like the Design and Production Suites. It may even apply to Photoshop alone - I don't know. Check it out for yourself.

I'm not connected in any way to Adobe; I'm just trying to let more people know about a way to save some money, like I really, really need to do. And, although I know that Adobe has offered buying schemes like this before, I don't think that they amounted to as large of a practical discount as 50%, like this one.

Good luck.

Regards,
David
--
Keep learning; share knowledge; think seriously about outcomes; seek wisdom.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ProtoPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 974Gear list
Like?
Re: Adobe bargain
In reply to David Franklin, May 4, 2012

By pure coincidence, my copies of Master Collection CS5.5 and LR 4 were delivered earlier this afternoon, and are sitting upopened on the table....

Just $550 for CS5.5 with "free" CS6 upgrade, and $50 off Lightroom with the order, so $99.

I don't know if I will ever actually install 5.5, I'm too busy for a bit, and I believe that I will be able to install CS6 directly over CS5 when that comes out, likely any time now. One downside is CS6 with this offer is download only, while I prefer physical discs, but to save $500 I will download.

And yes, I found out at DPR, but it doesn't hurt to let more people know! If I didn't visit here, I never would have known, Adobe gives you no hint on the product webpage or their announcement e-mail.

ProtoPhoto's gear list:ProtoPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bronxbombers
Forum ProPosts: 18,226
Like?
In reply to ProtoPhoto, May 6, 2012

ProtoPhoto wrote:

By pure coincidence, my copies of Master Collection CS5.5 and LR 4 were delivered earlier this afternoon, and are sitting upopened on the table....

Just $550 for CS5.5 with "free" CS6 upgrade, and $50 off Lightroom with the order, so $99.

I don't know if I will ever actually install 5.5, I'm too busy for a bit, and I believe that I will be able to install CS6 directly over CS5 when that comes out, likely any time now. One downside is CS6 with this offer is download only, while I prefer physical discs, but to save $500 I will download.

And yes, I found out at DPR, but it doesn't hurt to let more people know! If I didn't visit here, I never would have known, Adobe gives you no hint on the product webpage or their announcement e-mail.

In fact their main order pages suggest you say buy CS6 directly if you are using Production Pro, for a mere insane $750?!??! when if you go to the 5.5 page and insist and ordering that instead you then get CS6 for the standard price of $399 upgrade.

I guess they want to appease those who are upset enough to look and yet grab as much $$ as they can from those who aren't.

I feel bad for all those who got suckered into the scare upgrade or lose thing a couple months ago. By going for it all they did is end up losing.

robert1955
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561
Like?
In reply to bronxbombers, May 6, 2012

As with the LR3 offer last Jan/Feb. Adobe is doing strange things. But between malice and bungling it is usually the latter

bronxbombers wrote:

I feel bad for all those who got suckered into the scare upgrade or lose thing a couple months ago. By going for it all they did is end up losing.

BTW: it now seems upgrades will only be available from the Adobe Store from now one. Oh well, sitting still

Stuart001
Regular MemberPosts: 343Gear list
Like?
In reply to robert1955, May 6, 2012

IT is at times like this that I consider myself lucky to be a teacher, and so eligible for the Adobe Educational prices--and they are really quite cheap that way!

Stuart

Stuart001's gear list:Stuart001's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
cfh25
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?
Re: Adobe pricing is strange, generally
In reply to David Franklin, May 6, 2012

I can buy a Spanish version of PS5 from Amazon for €286, but if I want an English version it's €932!!

Surprised Adobe haven't been sued for racial discrimination.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads