If you believe in Global Warming, you support Terrorism!

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 12,965Gear list
Like?
Re: The unified war against science
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, May 9, 2012

This goes well with your signature. Might I also add:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

AGC - AGW is the war against science.

-- hide signature --

Variance is Evil!

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

 bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,421Gear list
Like?
Re: You are aware
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, May 9, 2012

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

I love how you pull out the evolution argument. I have had scientists (real ones that did science) explain how evolution is not science.

You can show those "scientists" my way. I am one, a relevant one, a biologist. I have also studied the history of evolutionary biology (which dates back much further than Darwin), and am well aquainted with philosophy of science.

Evolutionary theory is very much a scientific theory.

 Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JoeDaBassPlayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,583
Like?
Re: The unified war against science
In reply to bikinchris, May 9, 2012

bikinchris wrote:

This goes well with your signature. Might I also add:
WAR IS PEACE

Like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Iran and wherever else this administration wants us to be involved in?

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

It works for liberals who blindly follow whatever movement gets created for them.

We are entering a new dark ages with the way liberals distort science for their own agenda. AGC - AGW is a good example.

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

AGC - AGW is the war against science.

-- hide signature --

Variance is Evil!

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

-- hide signature --

Variance is Evil!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JoeDaBassPlayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,583
Like?
Re: You are aware
In reply to Wyville, May 9, 2012

Show me some new species that have come from existing ones lately.
--
Variance is Evil!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,421Gear list
Like?
Re: You are aware
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, May 9, 2012

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

Show me some new species that have come from existing ones lately.
--
Variance is Evil!

Show me the grain of sand that makes the beach.

The cummulative effect of changes over geological periods of time is not what you pretend it is.

 Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JoeDaBassPlayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,583
Like?
Re: You are aware
In reply to Wyville, May 9, 2012

Thank you for repeating the party line.

-- hide signature --

Variance is Evil!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,785Gear list
Like?
As you can see
In reply to Wyville, May 9, 2012

Wyville wrote:

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

Show me some new species that have come from existing ones lately.
--
Variance is Evil!

Show me the grain of sand that makes the beach.

The cummulative effect of changes over geological periods of time is not what you pretend it is.

The war against science, promoted by the Corporate Liberal Media is succeeding. When I was a kid, and we still had a free press, people who brain wash Joe would have been laughed off the news. In todays world the media gives "equal time" to fantasy and reality allowing you to decide whether the world is billions of years old or 8,000 years old. Allowing you to decide whether every scientisfic organisation is right, or whether a group like the Heartland Institute is right.

Evolution? It's a hoax. We know it's a hoax because new macro species don't pop into existance every ten days. Of course, new bacteria and virus species DO evolve every few years, but they don't count...

Even so, I personally with my own eyes can confirm the evolutionary process.

In Brooklyn New York, the Eastern Cottontail rabbit is rapidly evolving. Sepearated from all other members of the species by Metro New York for the last 150 years, they face threats from only one natural enemy - Birds of pray - No foxes, no wolves, no weasels. As a result they have doubled in size compared to normal bunnies. If conditions remain the same, in a thousand years or less, they will be a completely different speices. Now a three pound bunny compared to a one and half pound bunny might not seem to much to Joe - But evolution is happening right before his eyes - All he needs is a thousand year life span, and in this case he'll be able to see it himself...

True, evolution is usually a much slower process then my example above - But unusual conditions create unusual evolutionary forces.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JoeDaBassPlayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,583
Like?
Re: As you can see
In reply to Chato, May 9, 2012

Natural selection is not evolution. Look what we have done with dogs. They are still dogs.

You end with far fetched speculation. Sorry, that is not science.
--
Variance is Evil!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,421Gear list
Like?
Re: You are aware
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, May 9, 2012

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

Thank you for repeating the party line.

I don't repeat anything. I'm a scientist, and as such have done the work to verify for myself that evolutionary theory is an effective scientific model. I don't take people's word for it and neither should you. If you have doubts about the scientific validity of evolutionary theory, you should do the work to verify key elements for yourself.

 Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,421Gear list
Like?
Re: As you can see
In reply to Chato, May 9, 2012

After debating evolution for several years, I have seen pretty much every argument against evolution and they all boil down to one thing; "I have a religious view that is not substantiated by observation. Observation must be wrong because [insert deity] is perfect."

People will always argue against science when observation conflicts with religion. They did so with heliocentrism, they did so with evolution (actually, only very few still do). It's the way knowledge and understanding progresses. Religious dogma is always slow to follow the facts. Education is the key to dissolve the problem.

 Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,785Gear list
Like?
Re: As you can see
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, May 9, 2012

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

Natural selection is not evolution. Look what we have done with dogs. They are still dogs.

Dogs are not an example of "Natural Selection."

You end with far fetched speculation. Sorry, that is not science.

New species of bacteria evolve every day. This is because a "generation" in bacteria can be an hour or two. It is one of the reasons why we are stricken so often with new strains of disease, never before known.

In addition, new speices of virus evolve every day.

No one except Creationists ever claimed that evolution takes a few days.

We have almost the complete fossil record of the evolution of many of todays creatures. It took horses 45 million years to evolve to their present form.

Plain and simply you cannot even concieve of what the expression "A million years" mean. All you can mutter is, "I wont believe this in a million years."

Dave

-- hide signature --

Variance is Evil!

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 12,965Gear list
Like?
Re: As you can see
In reply to Wyville, May 9, 2012

Wyville wrote:

After debating evolution for several years, I have seen pretty much every argument against evolution and they all boil down to one thing; "I have a religious view that is not substantiated by observation. Observation must be wrong because [insert deity] is perfect."

People will always argue against science when observation conflicts with religion. They did so with heliocentrism, they did so with evolution (actually, only very few still do). It's the way knowledge and understanding progresses. Religious dogma is always slow to follow the facts. Education is the key to dissolve the problem.

Look what the church did to Gallieo when he denied the earth centered universe. House arrest for all people who think evolution exists!!!!! Anyone who thinks dinosaurs are more then 8,000 yours old, IN THE CELL NOW!!!!

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

 bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ubilam
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,860
Like?
Re: No kids or young relatives then? (nt)
In reply to Roger99, May 10, 2012

Happy bachelor by choice. No patience for kids, so I won't have any. I see whats happening to kids today just shopping in a Walmart. Out of control brats with no manners being taught. Its scary what parents are not doing today and good parents like I had would be jailed today now compared to all the sympathetic time-out, don't spank, child abuser crap going on.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,421Gear list
Like?
Re: As you can see
In reply to bikinchris, May 10, 2012

bikinchris wrote:

Look what the church did to Gallieo when he denied the earth centered universe. House arrest for all people who think evolution exists!!!!! Anyone who thinks dinosaurs are more then 8,000 yours old, IN THE CELL NOW!!!!

The church then, was in a much more politically powerful position than it is now. But despite the Church's opposition at first, few will agrue the facts today.

When the mutability of species was first considered in a more or less scientific fashion in the eighteenth century, the church was still politically quite powerful, but it wasn't the same as back in the time of Copernicus and Gallileo. Opposition was more on an intellectual level.

 Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,648
Like?
Re: No kids or young relatives then? (nt)
In reply to Ubilam, May 10, 2012

Ubilam wrote:

Happy bachelor by choice. No patience for kids, so I won't have any. I see whats happening to kids today just shopping in a Walmart. Out of control brats with no manners being taught. Its scary what parents are not doing today and good parents like I had would be jailed today now compared to all the sympathetic time-out, don't spank, child abuser crap going on.

Quite agree there for the most part. For me I wouldn't put em' out there for various reasons but I have siblings that had no problems inflicting life on the planet. I am still concerned with what they are going to have to deal with. We are definitely in the middle of the most extreme era in the history of the planet and the results are probably not going to be pretty very soon.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads