TeDolf to sell DPR

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
TeDolf to sell DPR
May 4, 2012

High up officials at Amazon, Adorama and B&H have been quoted as saying he will sell DPR. I guess no one here really knew that Tedolf owned DPR.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,837
Like?
Re: Tedolph's Request
In reply to Peter Nelson, May 4, 2012

tedolf wrote:

Tedolph is dead.
Stop talking about him;
Stop referencing him;
and he will go away.
Let him rest in peace.

Tedolph, RIP

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41331955

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,700Gear list
Like?
AMEN
In reply to Detail Man, May 4, 2012

Detail Man wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Tedolph is dead.
Stop talking about him;
Stop referencing him;
and he will go away.
Let him rest in peace.

Tedolph, RIP

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41331955

-- hide signature --

Maria

 Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,713Gear list
Like?
Once again, Detail Man reading comprehension skills.....
In reply to Marla, May 4, 2012

Marla wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Tedolph is dead.
Stop talking about him;
Stop referencing him;
and he will go away.
Let him rest in peace.

Tedolph, RIP

show that he does not read in context. A careful review of the above shows that TEdolph's request is conditional. An "if" is implied, so one can conjure up the Ghost of Tedolph (GOT-tm) merely by refencing his name, or not.

You have been given the instructions, whether or not you follow them is up to you.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41331955

-- hide signature --

Maria

So Marla, did you ever go back to that dSLR you were pining for, or are you still moaning and wailing about the failings of your GX-1?

TEdolph, RIP

 tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
phototransformations
Senior MemberPosts: 2,594Gear list
Like?
Re: TeDolf to sell DPR
In reply to Peter Nelson, May 4, 2012

Give it a rest, man.

Peter Nelson wrote:

High up officials at Amazon, Adorama and B&H have been quoted as saying he will sell DPR. I guess no one here really knew that Tedolf owned DPR.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

 phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
phototransformations: TeDolf to sell DPR
In reply to phototransformations, May 4, 2012

Why? With all the inane posts in every dpr forum, this one fit's right in. It's dpr that's dead. No longer a good place to go for on time information. Too slow, often late with reviews and the new staff employee's are just a little older than kid's. Hard to take them seriously. Have you seent the toy's and childhood memorbelia that they use in their photographic tests?

The forums have degenerated recently to an even lower level, from places where there are always arguments to places where there are always people posting incredibly dull and uninformed threads about very unimportant things such as color of the camera they are considering.

This place is for entertanement only so I will also indulge! Untill I too, get bored and stop dropping by.

I see there are still a few good serious dpr forum members like you and so my comments are not really ment for you and other's like you.
-Peter

phototransformations wrote:
Give it a rest, man.

Peter Nelson wrote:

High up officials at Amazon, Adorama and B&H have been quoted as saying he will sell DPR. I guess no one here really knew that Tedolf owned DPR.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

-- hide signature --

Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,713Gear list
Like?
Re: TeDolf to sell DPR
In reply to phototransformations, May 4, 2012

phototransformations wrote:

Give it a rest, man.

I told you, people would miss Tedolph.

Even with the EM 5 news, the forum is incredibly boring.

Peter Nelson wrote:

High up officials at Amazon, Adorama and B&H have been quoted as saying he will sell DPR. I guess no one here really knew that Tedolf owned DPR.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Tedolph, RIP

 tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lights
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,184Gear list
Like?
Re:Yes it's been boring
In reply to tedolf, May 4, 2012

I miss the zombies too.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
Zombies no match for Mindless Psychophants (sic)
In reply to Lights, May 4, 2012

Lights wrote:

I miss the zombies too.

. . . The zombies are in disarray because they've been overwhelmed by the mindless psychophants (sic).

 Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
phototransformations
Senior MemberPosts: 2,594Gear list
Like?
Re: phototransformations: TeDolf to sell DPR
In reply to Peter Nelson, May 4, 2012

It always gets dull when a new camera comes out. This too shall pass. Meanwhile, since Tedolph backed away, it's been much more civil and a few people who have something to show and say have in my opinion raised the level of discussion.

Peter Nelson wrote:

Why? With all the inane posts in every dpr forum, this one fit's right in. It's dpr that's dead. No longer a good place to go for on time information. Too slow, often late with reviews and the new staff employee's are just a little older than kid's. Hard to take them seriously. Have you seent the toy's and childhood memorbelia that they use in their photographic tests?

The forums have degenerated recently to an even lower level, from places where there are always arguments to places where there are always people posting incredibly dull and uninformed threads about very unimportant things such as color of the camera they are considering.

This place is for entertanement only so I will also indulge! Untill I too, get bored and stop dropping by.

I see there are still a few good serious dpr forum members like you and so my comments are not really ment for you and other's like you.
-Peter

phototransformations wrote:
Give it a rest, man.

Peter Nelson wrote:

High up officials at Amazon, Adorama and B&H have been quoted as saying he will sell DPR. I guess no one here really knew that Tedolf owned DPR.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

-- hide signature --

Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

 phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
highwave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,037Gear list
Like?
Re: Once again, Detail Man reading comprehension skills.....
In reply to tedolf, May 4, 2012

tedolf wrote:

Marla wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Tedolph is dead.
Stop talking about him;
Stop referencing him;
and he will go away.
Let him rest in peace.

Tedolph, RIP

show that he does not read in context. A careful review of the above shows that TEdolph's request is conditional. An "if" is implied, so one can conjure up the Ghost of Tedolph (GOT-tm) merely by refencing his name, or not.

You have been given the instructions, whether or not you follow them is up to you.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41331955

-- hide signature --

Maria

So Marla, did you ever go back to that dSLR you were pining for, or are you still moaning and wailing about the failings of your GX-1?

TEdolph, RIP

I think you're confusing Marla with Maria.

Maria uses an E-P3 and Marla the GX-1

Oh and nice to see you posting here again.

 highwave's gear list:highwave's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
dcassat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141Gear list
Like?
Just a zombie
In reply to highwave, May 4, 2012

It wasn't a live, but rather a dead version of Ted. He's gone.
--
Dan

 dcassat's gear list:dcassat's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: Once again, Detail Man reading comprehension skills.....
In reply to highwave, May 4, 2012

highwave wrote:

I think you're confusing Marla with Maria.

Maria uses an E-P3 and Marla the GX-1

Oh and nice to see you posting here again.

Yes Marla is one person, Marla2008 another

Even the avatar's are different

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,235Gear list
Like?
Hear, hear
In reply to phototransformations, May 4, 2012

phototransformations wrote:

Give it a rest, man.

'Nuff said.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man
.

 Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
I'd like to know who would buy dpr?
In reply to Bob Tullis, May 4, 2012

Let's see now, maybe a company that sells cameras on line. Wait, that's been done already. They continue to make money while many members drop by into one or more forums here at dpr. What a wonderfull idea, using a camera talk forum to keep interest in new at a high level to excite people to purchase a nother new camera.
Tedolf, who are you going to sell dpr too?
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ZoranC
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,440
Like?
Re: Once again, Detail Man reading comprehension skills.....
In reply to tedolf, May 5, 2012

tedolf wrote:

Marla wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Tedolph is dead.
Stop talking about him;
Stop referencing him;
and he will go away.
Let him rest in peace.

Tedolph, RIP

show that he does not read in context. A careful review of the above shows that TEdolph's request is conditional. An "if" is implied, so one can conjure up the Ghost of Tedolph (GOT-tm) merely by refencing his name, or not.

You have been given the instructions, whether or not you follow them is up to you.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41331955

-- hide signature --

Maria

So Marla, did you ever go back to that dSLR you were pining for, or are you still moaning and wailing about the failings of your GX-1?

TEdolph, RIP

This leaves me with impression of 'Dolph just begging around that his name is mentioned here so he can have an excuse to post in spite of his self-imposed exile. How pathetic.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,837
Like?
Re: Once again, Detail Man ...
In reply to ZoranC, May 5, 2012

ZoranC wrote:

This leaves me with impression of 'Dolph just begging around that his name is mentioned here so he can have an excuse to post in spite of his self-imposed exile. How pathetic.

tedolf wrote:
I second the motion.
All in favor say, "aye"!

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41424239

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,836Gear list
Like?
Love affair Artist Eyes and Tadolph?
In reply to Peter Nelson, May 5, 2012

You have a love affair with Tadolph?
It was peaceful when he choose to no longer participate in this forum.
You must miss him a lot.
That's sick, dude.

Peter Nelson wrote:

High up officials at Amazon, Adorama and B&H have been quoted as saying he will sell DPR. I guess no one here really knew that Tedolf owned DPR.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

 Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bluephotons
Senior MemberPosts: 2,528Gear list
Like?
Re: Once again, Detail Man reading comprehension skills.....
In reply to ZoranC, May 5, 2012

zoranc wrote:

This leaves me with impression of 'Dolph just begging around that his name is mentioned here so he can have an excuse to post in spite of his self-imposed exile. How pathetic.

Well, guess who answered to Aleo in another thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41333327

So, are you suggesting that Mr Tedolf should not take time from his hectic schedule to answer questions from his fans?
--
Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

 Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't you think it is enough ...
In reply to Peter Nelson, May 5, 2012

Enough talking about Ted, when I wants he come back

There is the ignore button

But I have a policy of don't ignore no one, I think it is good to read opinions of all kinds, never ignored a person and I never will

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads