Houses that didn't get entered in challenge #105

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions
John Byrne
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,746
Like?
Houses that didn't get entered in challenge #105
May 4, 2012

'Australia's Smallest House':

Built in the mid 1870's this house is only 2.5 meters (8'3"wide) and consists of just 2 rooms.

'Waterside Living':

"On The Other Side":

Waynecam
Forum ProPosts: 12,596Gear list
Like?
Re: Houses that didn't get entered in challenge #105
In reply to John Byrne, May 4, 2012

John, as usual you manage to continue posting nice images. #3 her is just great. I'm a sucker for anything with an interesting foreground. Nice work.
--
http://www.pbase.com/waynes6

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jennyi
Forum ProPosts: 11,918
Like?

Is someone living in the little house? I'd like to see the inside. Some are building tiny houses here, too.
--
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/maggiesue1/

OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,263Gear list
Like?
In reply to jennyi, May 4, 2012

Saw your pics earlier when you posted them, but just came back to comment and the images aren't showing.

That little house is bigger than our Hobbit Homes.

The other two just great.

Thane

-- hide signature --

In between the Hour Glass
and the lens of a secondhand camera
a dog barks orders to troops
lining a battlefield
of posies and poppy,

the diecast setting of a model
standing aloft, aloof
the rain pelting an icy tin roof
suggests the shutterspeed needs to be fast
to capture the enemy.

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
RichardR
Forum ProPosts: 18,265
Like?

Very nice sxposure in each of your non=entries, John.

Built in the mid 1870's this house is only 2.5 meters (8'3"wide) and consists of just 2 rooms.

Looks like someone is still living there. Must have a small family.

The chartreuse sailboat looks like it's fully tricked out for racing but don't think it's going anywhere without a mast or rudder. LOL

'Waterside Living':

Good work!

Dick:)

http://www.pbase.com/richardr
D200&D90&C-2100UZ&C-5050Z&C-7000Z&C-3000Z

John Byrne
Like?
In reply to Waynecam, May 5, 2012

Waynecam wrote:

John, as usual you manage to continue posting nice images. #3 her is just great. I'm a sucker for anything with an interesting foreground. Nice work.

Thanks for commenting Wayne.
John

John Byrne
Like?
Re:Jennyi
In reply to jennyi, May 5, 2012

jennyi wrote:

Is someone living in the little house? I'd like to see the inside. Some are building tiny houses here, too.

This house is listed with a government authority and maintained for historic reasons,(first constructed in the 1870's) nobody lives in it, but it is open for inspections a couple of days per week, unfortunately the day I photographed it wasn't one of them.
Thanks for taking a look Judy.
cheers,
John.

John Byrne
Like?
Re: Champ
In reply to OlyChamp, May 5, 2012

OlyChamp wrote:

Saw your pics earlier when you posted them, but just came back to comment and the images aren't showing.

That little house is bigger than our Hobbit Homes.

The other two just great.

That happens to me quite often too, that the images in a post don't show and then when I go back to it they're there, not at all sure why this happens, maybe somebody more adept at DPreview can help out with an explanation and a fix.
Thanks for looking and am pleased you liked the shots.
Cheers,
John

John Byrne
Like?
In reply to RichardR, May 5, 2012

RichardR wrote:

The chartreuse sailboat looks like it's fully tricked out for racing but don't think it's going anywhere without a mast or rudder. LOL

'Waterside Living':

Good work!

Hi Dick thanks for taking a look--nobody lives in that house and haven't done for quite some years. There was at one time a married couple with two small daughters "living"in this limited space. It was probably at this time the fireplace in between the dividing wall of the two rooms was removed thought to create some more space. It is what is known as an Historic buildinhg controlled by a Stae Govt. Authority and is only open for visits on a couple of occasions each week unfortunately the day I photographed it wasn't one of them.

With respect to the sail boat,maybe its just for show(lol) I really think the mast, sail and rudder, are being stored in preparation for winter.
Cheers Dick nice to have you drop in.
John

John Byrne
Like?
In reply to John Byrne, May 5, 2012

John Byrne wrote:

RichardR wrote:

'Waterside Living':

Good work!

Hi Dick thanks for taking a look--nobody lives in that house and haven't done for quite some years. There was at one time a married couple with two small daughters "living"in this limited space. It was probably at this time the fireplace in the dividing wall of the two rooms was removed, thought to create some more space. It is what is known as an Historic building controlled by a Stae Govt. Authority and is only open for visits on a couple of occasions each week unfortunately the day I photographed it wasn't one of them.

With respect to the sail boat,maybe its just for show(lol) I really think the mast, sail and rudder, are being stored in preparation for winter.
Cheers Dick nice to have you drop in.
John

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads