Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions
Mark A. Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 246
Like?
Re: 7D Photos with NO Post Processing
In reply to tampadave, May 6, 2012

tampadave wrote:

Mark, thanks for the comments.

Looking at the ISO 12233 Charts from the-digital-picture-show.com and the MTF50 charts from photozone.de I can't see either the nifty-fifty or the EF 50 f/1.2 USM L giving you anything better than what your 60mm already gives you, say from f/4-f/8. And, you have better CA behavior with your lens. Again, this is just the charts talking. So if it were me and I had the EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM macro I wouldn't switch.

If you can replicate your Python shot with your 7D and get as good or better results than you had with the 40D, then problem solved, yes?

Anyway, when you do the re-takes with the 7D of your collection please post. I am very interested. I'll still learning.

I love my 60mm! It does exactly what I need it to do. When I took that photo, I was really impressed with the clarity and bokeh. So I would tend to agree there is no need for a 50mm addition to my equipment. What I really want is the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM, but I'm on a limited budget like most of us. I love going out into the country and doing landscapes of old, broken down, abandoned buildings, barns etc.

Anyway, if I can replicate the photo I posted, then yes, problem solved. With the 40D I had been working strictly in manual mode. Lot's of experimenting, and I knew that getting 5 outstanding shots out of 50 was very acceptable (because I am still a novice). I'm trying to do the same with the 7D. For some reason I started using Av mode, and this might be part of the problem. I'm back to strictly manual mode and lots of experimentation.

More to come...

MA

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads