Obama follows in Bush's footsteps...

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions
TFergus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
Obama follows in Bush's footsteps...
May 2, 2012

.... with a surprise visit to the middle east (although Bush does it in the middle of a war zone)... (and how many times?).

Obama is the "hero".

The CIA says "we have Bin Laden in our sights... we know where he is and we are ready to take him out per G.W.Bush's orders.... should we ?"

Obama says "yes".

And Obama is the hero.

Why is it the left is in such need of a hero. Why are their standards so low.

Why is it when Obama does something that other presidents have done, is he somehow praised and admired for it.

Is it that no one expected him to be able to do these things ?

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 28,504Gear list
Like?
Re: Obama follows in Bush's footsteps...
In reply to TFergus, May 2, 2012

TFergus wrote:

.... with a surprise visit to the middle east (although Bush does it in the middle of a war zone)... (and how many times?).

Obama is the "hero".

The CIA says "we have Bin Laden in our sights... we know where he is and we are ready to take him out per G.W.Bush's orders.... should we ?"

Obama says "yes".

And Obama is the hero.

Why is it when Obama does something that other presidents have done, is he somehow praised and admired for it.

WTF are you talking about? What other president nailed Osama?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RHammar
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
In reply to TFergus, May 2, 2012

Fergie....what on earth do you have for breakfast? Bitter bile and horseshft? Because you certainly spew forth a lot of that!
--
RHammar

TFergus
Like?
In reply to mamallama, May 2, 2012

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

Obama is the "hero".

Obama says "yes".

And Obama is the hero.

None did.
The Navy did.
Finishing the mission Bush sent them on.

What part was over your head ?!

chiane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,178
Like?
In reply to mamallama, May 2, 2012

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

Obama is the "hero".

Obama says "yes".

And Obama is the hero.

Obama did not 'nail' Osama, he was just lucky enough to be sitting in the seat at the right place in time to take credit for someone else's work. He did what every other American would have done, said yes from his comfy chair. How brave.

This reminds me of the Chris rock skit "Hey, I take care of my kidz!"........ "well you are suppose too, what do you want a cookie!?"

TFergus
Like?
In reply to RHammar, May 2, 2012

RHammar wrote:

Fergie....what on earth do you have for breakfast? Bitter bile and horseshft? Because you certainly spew forth a lot of that!

Dude, I don't know what "horseshft" is.
I can spell.
Sorry.

But didn't you learn the last time you tried... you can't insult me.
You're an idiot, and a proven liar and have zero affect on me.

Not even in messages.... (like when you wanted to talk privately with me and got mad that I took it public).

Stop stalking me.

RHammar
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
In reply to TFergus, May 3, 2012

TFergus wrote:

RHammar wrote:

Dude, I don't know what "horseshft" is.
I can spell.
Sorry.

But didn't you learn the last time you tried... you can't insult me.
You're an idiot, and a proven liar and have zero affect on me.

Not even in messages.... (like when you wanted to talk privately with me and got mad that I took it public).

Stop stalking me.

Oh Boo-Hoo-Hoo....save your tears for New York where nobody will notice Fergieboy.

And can't you write without using words like "idiot"........Bully Boy Fergie.....liar, liar, your fat a$$ is on fire.

Now run tell your Mommie how I "insulted" you and be sure to write back so I'll know for sure I got to you this time.
--
RHammar

mamallama
Like?
Obama gets the public credit and approval

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

Obama is the "hero".

Obama says "yes".

And Obama is the hero.

None did.
The Navy did.
Finishing the mission Bush sent them on.

Ha Ha Ha. Guess which president is getting the credit?? And it's not Bush. The public see Bush's effort as a wasted chase in Iraq, wasting money and American lives.

Obama Foreign Policy Approval ratings are soaring since the Republicans have highlighted Osama's death by saying Obama should not make it political. That backfired because any mention of Osama's death reminded people what Obama did and not what Bush did. So you won't he hearing any more from the GOP about anything mentioning Osama's death. Ha Ha Ha.

It was over the GOP's head. When they tried to neutralize Obama heroic decision to kill Osama saying it shouldn't be made political, any mention of Osama's Death just reminded the public of how Presidential Obama's decision was.

It also reminded the public of how Bush and Cheney were baffoons in their pursuit of Osama. Remember the Chemical Ali cards??

Obama wins again in spite of the GOP trying to diminish his Presidential decision.

95_9C1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429
Like?
The Rantings of a Delusional Mind:
In reply to mamallama, May 3, 2012

mamallama wrote:

Ha Ha Ha. Guess which president is getting the credit?? And it's not Bush. The public see Bush's effort as a wasted chase in Iraq, wasting money and American lives.

Obama Foreign Policy Approval ratings are soaring since the Republicans have highlighted Osama's death by saying Obama should not make it political. That backfired because any mention of Osama's death reminded people what Obama did and not what Bush did. So you won't he hearing any more from the GOP about anything mentioning Osama's death. Ha Ha Ha.

It was over the GOP's head. When they tried to neutralize Obama heroic decision to kill Osama saying it shouldn't be made political, any mention of Osama's Death just reminded the public of how Presidential Obama's decision was.

It also reminded the public of how Bush and Cheney were baffoons in their pursuit of Osama. Remember the Chemical Ali cards??

Obama wins again in spite of the GOP trying to diminish his Presidential decision.

mamallama
Like?
You don't have to believe me
In reply to 95_9C1, May 3, 2012

Just look at the foreign policy and anti-terrorism approval ratings for Obama. You can wish what you want, but that won't change public opinion.

Obama is the winner. Bush is the buffoon. Romney is the confused.

TFergus
Like?
Re:

mamallama wrote:

You don't have to believe me

Has anyone? Ever?

TFergus
Like?
Re: Obama gets the public credit and approval

mamallama wrote:

Ha Ha Ha. Guess which president is getting the credit??

You're right.

Obama is getting credit from the very Democrats that are already going to vote for him... and you're right in laughing about that since we all know it wasn't his policy, but Bush's, that got the job done.

Doesn't matter to me.

Hussein (not to be mistaken with Barack), and Bin Laden, and a lot of their underlings... are gone.

That is (and should be) what matters.

And it's not Bush. The public see Bush's effort as a wasted chase in Iraq, wasting money and American lives.

Maybe he should "remind the public" that they only found Obama and killed him because of the very things (Gitmo, interrogation) that Obama TRIED to outlaw as soon as he took office.... but the Republicans wouldn't let him.

(One of MANY failures.... but that's a wholde other thread)

You can pretend it "reminds the public" of anything your old, feeble mind wants to believe...

What it REALLY reminds the public of... as shown by the media... is that it is all he has to run on

mamallama
Like?

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

You're right.

Obama is getting credit from the very Democrats that are already going to vote for him... and you're right in laughing about that since we all know it wasn't his policy, but Bush's, that got the job done.

Doesn't matter to me.

Hussein (not to be mistaken with Barack), and Bin Laden, and a lot of their underlings... are gone.

And it's not Bush. The public see Bush's effort as a wasted chase in Iraq, wasting money and American lives.

Maybe he should "remind the public" that they only found Obama and killed him because of the very things (Gitmo, interrogation) that Obama TRIED to outlaw as soon as he took office.... but the Republicans wouldn't let him.

You can pretend it "reminds the public" of anything your old, feeble mind wants to believe...

What it REALLY reminds the public of... as shown by the media... is that it is all he has to run on

That's revisionist history as preached by Dick Cheney and his daughter, Liz, and followed by people like you who really don't count in the next election. But the independents and swing voters who will determine this next election aren't buying it at all. They are the ones who are constantly increasing Obama poll numbers. People like you and me are constants.

TFergus
Like?

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

You're right.

Doesn't matter to me.

That's revisionist history

That's what people like you call "truth I don't like".

But the independents and swing voters who will determine this next election aren't buying it at all. They are the ones who are constantly increasing Obama poll numbers.

Well I hope you have evidence of this (if not, have BRJR find some on Youtube) because I happen to work with a bunch of Dems that are either 1) Very disappointed and not voting for him again. 2) Very disappointed and not sure who they're voting for. 3) Satisfied "enough" and will vote their party regardless.

So amongst people I know, the polls are way down.

Then again this is a very white community and there are no black people working here. Or in this industry for that matter.
That would of course sway things a tad:
4) Couldn't care less what he's done or not done. I vote color.

People like you and me are constants.

Yes.
I am constantly thinking.
You are constantly online... and constantly wrong.

mamallama
Like?

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

You're right.

Doesn't matter to me.

That's revisionist history

That's what people like you call "truth I don't like".

But the independents and swing voters who will determine this next election aren't buying it at all. They are the ones who are constantly increasing Obama poll numbers.

Well I hope you have evidence of this (if not, have BRJR find some on Youtube) because I happen to work with a bunch of Dems that are either 1) Very disappointed and not voting for him again. 2) Very disappointed and not sure who they're voting for. 3) Satisfied "enough" and will vote their party regardless.

So amongst people I know, the polls are way down.

Then again this is a very white community and there are no black people working here. Or in this industry for that matter.
That would of course sway things a tad:
4) Couldn't care less what he's done or not done. I vote color.

People like you and me are constants.

Yes.
I am constantly thinking.
You are constantly online... and constantly wrong.

The swing voters who will determine this election consist of many women and Latinos/Latinas who the GOP has alienated big time. At the same time Obama is winning them over because they view his strong leadership in foreign policy and immigration. They are the ones who are increasing Obama's poll numbers.

TFergus
Like?

mamallama wrote:

The swing voters who will determine this election consist of many women and Latinos/Latinas who the GOP has alienated big time. At the same time Obama is winning them over because they view his strong leadership in foreign policy and immigration. They are the ones who are increasing Obama's poll numbers.

No they won't.
The swing voters are completely irrelevant in this election.

The ones who will determine this election are those that don't usually vote, especially on rainy days (historical statistic), but came out in droves last election (mostly rainy nationwide) and voted on the basis of color.

Period.

Many conservatives already know this and see Romney as a throwaway.... and I'm glad. I don't want him to be the candidate in 4 years.... when people vote on the issues again.

Nell27
Senior MemberPosts: 2,708
Like?

mamallama wrote:

Sorry to disagree with you just a bit but can you imagine what would have happened to the President's career if he would have said no?

He was in the right place at the right time but there was really no decision to be made.

The only answer was "take him out".

mamallama
Like?

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

No they won't.
The swing voters are completely irrelevant in this election.

Study the Electoral Map and electoral votes, not the popular votes. The electoral paths to electoral victory for Obama are many, for Romney, virtually non existing when you factor the women and Latino swing voters.

The ones who will determine this election are those that don't usually vote, especially on rainy days (historical statistic), but came out in droves last election (mostly rainy nationwide) and voted on the basis of color.

You are confusing independent voters in swing states with voters with little interest. Independent voters in swing states are very interested. In this election the key voters in swing states with high interest are the Latino and Hispanic voters because of the well publicized immigration issue and the workers in the industrial Midwest who are grateful to Obama for saving the American automobile industry.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads