looks like highlights from the reflection

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BAK
BAK
Forum ProPosts: 18,739
Like?
Re: blue spots
In reply to azma, May 1, 2012

Do you have another photo where the car or camerawas slightly moved?

Are there still blue spots?

Are they onthe same part of the car, or are they on the same part of theframe (i.e. acertain distance from the top andside of the frame, regardlessof where the car is.

I"m predicting dust on the sensor.

BAK

Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 28,454
Like?

You should take a number of different pictures of the car from different places and angles. That would help to determine if it's a problem with the camera or the lens...or if it's just reflections of light.

confyushis
Contributing MemberPosts: 819Gear list
Like?
my money's on a uv/skylight filter (n/t)

azma wrote:

can someone tell me what the blue spots on my car are thanks

confyushis's gear list:confyushis's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
azma
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?

here is a picture i took the same day with the same lens do you see any blue spots

Ear Mountain
Contributing MemberPosts: 596
Like?

I don't see any blue spots in your second photo.

Did you have a filter on for the shot of the car? There is a bright spot on the edge of the hood. That could be reflected back and forth between your filter and lens to create the line of blue spots seen in the image. Try some more shots of objects with bright highlights like on that car. Shoot with filter on an off and compare.

If it turns out to be a problem with reflection in the filter you can purchase better filters ith anti reflective coatings.

azma
Like?
In reply to Ear Mountain, May 1, 2012

i cant try today because its raining ill try tomorrow and yes i uesd a filter

azma
Like?

if its the filter can you recommed a good filter

AvyMan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,230
Like?
filters

Inexpensive filters can degrade your photos. This is one place where "you get what you pay for" applies. I would avoid filter "kits" offering three different types of filters that appear to be a 'good deal.'

I use B+W filters (only when necessary, though) but Hoya and Nikon also offer quality products in several price ranges.

If you Google "camera filter reviews" or something similar you'll find ratings, comparisons, photo examples and user reviews that will help steer you in the right direction.

azma wrote:

if its the filter can you recommed a good filter

Nick
--
photography -- a compatible blend of tech and art --

azma
Like?
Re: filters
In reply to AvyMan, May 1, 2012

thanks will do

RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,183
Like?
caused by UV filter
In reply to azma, May 3, 2012

There is no need to use a UV filter on a 18-55 kit lens for "protection". Glass in lenses these days are durable and the kit lens is inexpensive as far as lenses go. UV filters ruin more photos than they improve, as in your case. Light bounces between the filter, lens glass, back to the filter then to the image sensor causing the blue "spots" you see on your photo. It also will happen if you have a UV filter on and there is an indoor light source visible in the photo such as christmas light bulbs or other very bright non covered/diffused lights.

azma
Like?
Re: caused by UV filter
In reply to RedFox88, May 3, 2012

i was not using the kit lens it was the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II so your saying i dont need a uv filter

Ear Mountain
Contributing MemberPosts: 596
Like?
Re: caused by UV filter
In reply to azma, May 3, 2012

That's correct. There is never any time that a UV filter will improve your images. Many use a UV or Clear filter for lens protection. I'd recommend that only when shooting in harsh conditions. Not when shooting in good weather or normal conditions.

I use some filters when I want the effect they provide. Normally though I keep a lens hood on my lens and have no filter attached.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads