Why do so many Oly fanboys hate Pana?

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
Why do so many Oly fanboys hate Pana?
Apr 30, 2012

Is it because they don't believe Pana-Lumix has the same heritage?

Why is it Oly fanboys, we are m43 brothers, what gives, the distaste of Panasonic is obvious, not from all but from many? Why does it bother you so much that its a Panasonic sensor in the OMD, its in every other m43 camera why not OMD, why would this shock or rather embarrass you. You seem to think you are of a higher class and let me remind you without Panasonic where would m43 be? probably wouldnt exist because Oly have not had the cash (a devious bunch of swindlers and frauds at the top) to go this alone. So stop being so high and mighty Oly fanboys, get the chip off your shoulder and rejoice that you at last have the camera you wished for and be thankfull that Panasonic made this happen at all, you are lucky you arent the next Kodak

Bluephotons
Senior MemberPosts: 2,578Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do so many Oly fanboys hate Pana?
In reply to Adventsam, Apr 30, 2012

Or the Pany fanboys hate Oly?
I personaly don't have any issues ( see my ideal combo here)
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41273799

However, coming from an E-5 I understand that my chances to be able to use some of the Oly SHG lenses will come sooner from Oly than from a Pany camera. I want Pany to bring out a kick@ss GH3 so I can get a GH2 sooner and cheaper.
--
Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,057Gear list
Like?
Why do people care?

What matters is the performance of the camera, not the label on the back of the sensor.
--
Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Why so afraid to admit that EM5 might have a better sensor than GH2?

Whether or not it's made by panasonic doesn't seem to matter a whole lot to anyone. The only arguments I've seen recently are assertions/denials that it is the same sensor as either the G3 or GH2. Doesn't seem likely to me that it's either one.

Adventsam wrote:

Why is it Oly fanboys, we are m43 brothers, what gives, the distaste of Panasonic is obvious, not from all but from many? Why does it bother you so much that its a Panasonic sensor in the OMD, its in every other m43 camera why not OMD, why would this shock or rather embarrass you. You seem to think you are of a higher class and let me remind you without Panasonic where would m43 be? probably wouldnt exist because Oly have not had the cash (a devious bunch of swindlers and frauds at the top) to go this alone. So stop being so high and mighty Oly fanboys, get the chip off your shoulder and rejoice that you at last have the camera you wished for and be thankfull that Panasonic made this happen at all, you are lucky you arent the next Kodak

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do so many Panny fanboys hate Oly?

. . . A question for you.

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 16,954Gear list
Like?

Adventsam wrote:

As of late, I am primarily bothered by Pany fanboys (you in particular) who fail to recognize reality even when it is staring them in the face.

With best regards from Anders, who is currently happily shooting with an all-Pany setup (G1, 14/2.5 20/1.7, 7-14/4, 14-45/3.5-5.6, 45-200/4-5.6, 100-300/4-5.6) and who have no difficulty at all recognizing Panasonic's contribution to making MFT to what it is.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,903Gear list
Like?
Fanboy, heal thyself. (NT)
-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
AndyGM
Contributing MemberPosts: 695Gear list
Like?
I'm a Micro Four Thirds fanboy...

M43 needed both companies as Parents. Oly put in the groundwork (when did they start the R&D that led to Four Thirds and then Micro Four Thirds? 1999 or something?). A particularly smart engineer in one or other of the two companies (and we wont ever know which one and anyone saying they know is speculating) had the smart idea of taking the technology that they already had down a different path, and then Panasonic ran with this new idea and proved that with that idea, you could create a product that a large number of customers would find appealing.

Plus having 2 companies share the load of filling out the lens range has been an enormous help while the system was establishing itself.

My camera is an Oly. My first additional lens will most probably be a Panasonic. Its All Good...

Yes, the EM-5 has been hogging the limelight on this forum, but its the "new big thing". The pendulum will swing the other way as the leaks about the GH-3 gather momentum. It is just the way of things.

AndyGM's gear list:AndyGM's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +1 more
Yohan Pamudji
Senior MemberPosts: 2,859
Like?
You've got it backwards

Look in the mirror, brother. You've been one of the loudest detractors of the E-M5 for no apparent reason other than love of your GH2.

400trix
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
WTF?

I sure don't hate Panny. Their cameras don't do it for me, as I'd like to have IBIS, but some of the lenses are really great.

-- hide signature --

God loves the noise just as much as the signal.

400trix's gear list:400trix's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
morepix
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,925Gear list
Like?
Yawn ... / nt
-- hide signature --
 morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Bluephotons
Senior MemberPosts: 2,578Gear list
Like?
Re: You've got it backwards
In reply to Yohan Pamudji, Apr 30, 2012

Yohan Pamudji wrote:

Look in the mirror, brother. You've been one of the loudest detractors of the E-M5 for no apparent reason other than love of your GH2.

LOL, I have not yet found his post "rejoicing" for the DPR Gold awarded to this Pany sensor.

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,300Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do so many Panny fanboys hate Oly?
In reply to Tim in upstate NY, Apr 30, 2012

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

. . . A question for you.

Pot, meet Kettle...

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
stimmer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,137
Like?
We don't...you just try to portray it that way..

The thought of Olympus not using Panasonic sensors is bothering you much more than it is anybody else. Why is that?

The honest truth is that I do prefer Olympus stuff, but it has nothing to do its blind fanboy loyalty. It's the fact I have made a lot of money working with their equipment, and it makes my job a lot easier. The great colors, skin tones, white balance, and jpg engine are far more important factors for me and my type of photography, and I continue to stick with Olympus bodies for that very reason.

I own Panasonic lenses and adapters, as I do feel they offer a lot of good quality stuff.

And no, I personally don't have any problems with Panasonic sensors. They are middling in their performance but they are good enough. And Olympus knows what to do with them to get the max performance out of them.

That being said, there is enough empirical evidence that it's not a Panasonic sensor. I know a few things and I'm sure other people do as well, but nobody can really say for sure. But I feel pretty strongly that this is definitely not a Panasonic sensor. And if that hurts your feelings I'm sorry. Doesn't mean your gh2 sucks, it just means Olympus is going a different direction,

That should be okay. Olympus doing well is good for Panasonic also, sensor supplied or not.

Taylormade
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
Re: Yawn ... / nt
In reply to morepix, Apr 30, 2012

Yawn is right....another pointless thread.

Taylormade's gear list:Taylormade's gear list
Olympus E-M1
normsmith
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,372
Like?
shaking my head in bewilderment
In reply to 400trix, Apr 30, 2012

The opening post sounds like something out of a school playground!
--
my blog http://pinkfootstudio.blogspot.com
never more than 3 posts per page so you will not be overloaded with images.

Yohan Pamudji
Senior MemberPosts: 2,859
Like?
Re: You've got it backwards
In reply to Bluephotons, Apr 30, 2012

Bluephotons wrote:

Yohan Pamudji wrote:

LOL, I have not yet found his post "rejoicing" for the DPR Gold awarded to this Pany sensor.

Don't hold your breath

Tim F 101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020
Like?
could you respond to something specific?

I remember when the GH2 set these boards on fire and you couldn't fit in E-PL1 cat pictures edgewise. The G3 and its new sensor did the same thing, if not to the same degree. New and groundbreaking stuff takes over the board for a while. You need to live with that. Nobody is saying that Panasonic makes nothing worth buying; and if someone does, please link to it so that we can all laugh at him.

Rest assured that the new GH3 sensor will be sweet nuggets in awesome sauce, and we of the m4/3 board will duly go apesh*t over that for a while. Such is the way of things.

D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,344Gear list
Like?
I think I'll avoid the debate and...

...try to keep focusing on improving my skills and taking pictures. I'm much happier that way

E-M5 & Oly 45mm f/1.8 (but could have been made with the GH2, if one was so inclined)...

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +2 more
AndyGM
Contributing MemberPosts: 695Gear list
Like?

This thread... and the "Same Mount" thread from yesterday, reminds me of this bit of Monty Pythons Life of Brian:

Brothers, brothers! We should be struggling together! We musn't fight each other. Surely we should be united against the common enemy.

The Judean People's front?!!

No. No. The Romans! (aka Canikon...)

AndyGM's gear list:AndyGM's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads