:-)) Sunday Cat! 29th April 2012 ((-:

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions
warriormouse
Senior MemberPosts: 1,697
Like?
:-)) Sunday Cat! 29th April 2012 ((-:
Apr 29, 2012

Gidday All,

Welcome to the Sunday Cat!, brought to you from around the world by the loyal team of regulars every Sunday since Anton AK first started the thread on 23 Sept 2007 http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&message=24936918 and so faithfully continued by John King from 10 August 2008 http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&message=28908884

Thank you for joining us

Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us

Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera.

We have had cool cats and hot cats; Canonical cats and Olympian cats; African cats and American cats. There have been Meerkats and mere cats; moggies and high class cats; almost cats and some that I suspect were not really cats at all like that ring-tailed cat that was lost inside cats and OUTSIDE cats; BIG cats and little cats.

An image courtesy of JolieO in memory of milsooper who's probably hard at work in a different part of the country right now...

Anyone caught peeping at the EXIF data for camera makes and models will be given a flogging with a cat-of-nine-tails ...

AND BTW folks:

The Sunday Cat! will (mostly) start when it is still Saturday in the rest of the world, Auckland being GMT +12 hours ... So it is still only around noon "last" Saturday in Hawaii (just for example ... ).

With the only preferred rule being no criticism , of course it's OK to give constructively if the poster specifically asks for it; otherwise the above-mentioned rule applies... It's OK to mention what camera and lens you took the shot with... if you like.

Love the Cat! thread... Like our beloved companion animals, an opportunity for a romp in the sun, and also to remember those who have so affectionately touched us.

LAST WEEK'S THREAD LINK:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=41291876

The weekly news ... _

we have moved! but Dusty is doing better than I am, he was asleep within 3 hours! This time i followed someones advice and shut him in the one room (my room) with his water food scratch pole etc.

after examining the room from top to bottom, jumping from height to height around the different bookcases, eating etc he promptly went to sleep.

I wonder how he is doing with the new Alarm system don't yet know, no doubt i'll find out when i get home this afternoon!

A special thanks to all lately who don't even have cats of their own but have found "street cat" to share with us your effort is appreciated

warriormouse
Like?
he didnt stay up there for long!
In reply to warriormouse, Apr 29, 2012

now he had spent a good five minutes sizing up the jump, in all sorts of various poses, which gave me ample time to get the DSLR, BUT I simply didn't give him enough credit for being able to do it! So instead of getting 4 frames a second, i only got 4 frames in the minute he was there with my phone!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
warriormouse
Like?
Re: he didnt stay up there for long!

the rest are on the latest album on facebook.com/dustykitten/photos

robert j
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,569
Like?
Day 30, kitten pictures

These pictures taken at day 30. Also one of the mother kitty (Cupid.)

DigitalSparrow
Contributing MemberPosts: 541Gear list
Like?
A Real Sleeper Photo

Nemo in his after dinner position (Olympus E-P1 w/Canon 80-300mm F4L)

DigitalSparrow's gear list:DigitalSparrow's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 4700 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Leica Digilux 2 Olympus C-5050 Zoom +45 more
robert j
Like?

How did he ever do that? Tell him I said well done.

wayne collier
Senior MemberPosts: 1,187Gear list
Like?
Is Buster becoming a house cat?

Following the extended stay while he recovered from his injury, Buster has tended to visit for 2-3 days at a time and then disappear overnight before returning. A much more relaxed cat ...

-- hide signature --

Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?

Dusty has always known how to push the envelope, hasn't he? I share your frustration over missing shots, even though I keep my camera nearby in the living room. You did well enough!
--
Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?
Re: A Real Sleeper Photo
In reply to DigitalSparrow, Apr 29, 2012

So he only uses that position after dinner?
--
Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?
Re: Day 30, kitten pictures
In reply to robert j, Apr 29, 2012

Thanks for sharing kitten pictures - exploring, pawing, etc. And those blue eyes! Great shots - we look forward to seeing more in the coming weeks.
--
Wayne Collier

John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,788Gear list
Like?

Nice one, Mouse

warriormouse wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292266_411536332198911_100000276435736_1574411_1556509792_n.jpg

now he had spent a good five minutes sizing up the jump, in all sorts of various poses, which gave me ample time to get the DSLR, BUT I simply didn't give him enough credit for being able to do it! So instead of getting 4 frames a second, i only got 4 frames in the minute he was there with my phone!!

Rosa would have thought about it long enough for me to get the camera out; tried it and then immediately fallen off ...

Lizzie would have got there in a flash, and then promptly jumped down as I swung the camera up ...

So: well caught by you, and congratulations to Dusty ...

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --

The Camera doth not make the Man (or Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...

" I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a d*ck. Goes with the territory ." boggis the cat

Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

Member of UK (and abroad) Photo Safari Group

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
warriormouse
Like?
Re: Day 30, kitten pictures

robert j wrote:

These pictures taken at day 30. Also one of the mother kitty (Cupid.)

it was a hard call, but i think this one is the cutest! so so hard to chose one when they are all so darned cute! I wish i had better quality pics of dusty when he was a kitten, i took a lot with an old point and shoot - but never actually viewed them to see that they were crappy, until he was much older!

congratulations Robert, you have many hours of happy memories there!

warriormouse
Like?
Re: A Real Sleeper Photo
In reply to DigitalSparrow, Apr 29, 2012

DigitalSparrow wrote:

Nemo in his after dinner position (Olympus E-P1 w/Canon 80-300mm F4L)

oh nice yes i wish that could do the same each time i ate too! great perspective there

warriormouse
Like?

robert j wrote:

How did he ever do that? Tell him I said well done.

i am sure i saw him do it, i just can't imagine HOW he did it!

he was on a bookcase about a meter away.

he landed exactly on that two inches with both front and rear paws at the same time - wobbled a bit and then balanced, then he turned 90 degrees and sniffed everywhere, then another 90 degrees ( which was where i caught him)

then stared at me as if to say "well? make yourself useful!" so i went and stood over there and he rested a paw on my head while climbing to the top shelf of the wardrobe

so simple really, but i wish i'd caught it high speed! (with the correct focus and exposure etc settings of course!

warriormouse
Like?
In reply to John King, Apr 29, 2012

heeeey Mister King!!!!!!!

how's it all going? we have missed you on the Cat thread welcome back

hope all is well with you in life and health

John King wrote:
Nice one, Mouse

warriormouse wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292266_411536332198911_100000276435736_1574411_1556509792_n.jpg

Rosa would have thought about it long enough for me to get the camera out; tried it and then immediately fallen off ...

Lizzie would have got there in a flash, and then promptly jumped down as I swung the camera up ...

your two are much more experienced in the art of "cat" than Dusty - but that is the sort of cat-type reactions that Dusty is trying to aspire to!

Welcome back John! it's good to see you again

John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,788Gear list
Like?

G'day again Warren

warriormouse wrote:

heeeey Mister King!!!!!!!

how's it all going? we have missed you on the Cat thread welcome back

hope all is well with you in life and health

Passable, mate. On 3 day blood tests for some weeks. Warfarin is unstable. Yet again.

John King wrote:

your two are much more experienced in the art of "cat" than Dusty - but that is the sort of cat-type reactions that Dusty is trying to aspire to!

Nah ... Rosa is almost hopeless when it comes to balancing on anything - and very good at falling off most things. Lizzie is quick and well balanced, but uncooperative!

Welcome back John! it's good to see you again

The last 4 weeks have been "messy" for me; for want of a better term ...

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --

The Camera doth not make the Man (or Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...

" I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a d*ck. Goes with the territory ." boggis the cat

Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

Member of UK (and abroad) Photo Safari Group

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
robert j
Like?
Re: Is Buster becoming a house cat?
In reply to wayne collier, Apr 29, 2012

Nice picture of Buster, love the warm tone.

robert j
Like?

I thought he might of come from the floor but still a good feat.

robert j
Like?
Day 31, All together

wayne collier
Like?
Re: Day 31, All together

Looks like a kitten choir - I like the dot on one kitten's chin - looks like a goatee!
--
Wayne Collier

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads