Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions
phiri
Contributing MemberPosts: 967Gear list
Like?
This year will be interesting
Apr 27, 2012

There is a new rumor in town, see below:

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/04/26/more-nikon-d600-rumors.aspx/

If Indeed Nikon will produce this FF and uses the same sensor that Sony will be using, then pricing of the two products will be interesting to watch. Not that I believe any of it, but surely more competition will only mean more choice and much affordable kits for the consumers
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39182144@N03/

phiri's gear list:phiri's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
TrojMacReady
Senior MemberPosts: 8,364
Like?
Wrong forum
In reply to phiri, Apr 27, 2012

phiri wrote:

There is a new rumor in town, see below:

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/04/26/more-nikon-d600-rumors.aspx/

If Indeed Nikon will produce this FF and uses the same sensor that Sony will be using, then pricing of the two products will be interesting to watch. Not that I believe any of it, but surely more competition will only mean more choice and much affordable kits for the consumers
--

A rumor about a sensor in a rumored Nikon, rumored to compete with a Sony with a rumored sensor. And you already don't believe the first half of that rumor in a rumor about a rumor yourself.

I fail to see any relevance.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
phiri
Like?
Re: Wrong forum
In reply to TrojMacReady, Apr 27, 2012

Well it leaves still a moment for reflection on what could possibly come out of these rumors. Particularly if that pans out to be true, I would seriously wonder why Sony would allow that to happen. Possibly as I have always speculated, Sony is doing what it is supposed to be doing and that it is differentiating its products from the rest of the pack which means that price cannot necessarily be used as a strategy.
--

Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
TrojMacReady
Like?

phiri wrote:

Well it leaves still a moment for reflection on what could possibly come out of these rumors. Particularly if that pans out to be true, I would seriously wonder why Sony would allow that to happen. Possibly as I have always speculated, Sony is doing what it is supposed to be doing and that it is differentiating its products from the rest of the pack which means that price cannot necessarily be used as a strategy.

So basially you're seeking validation of your theory in a Nikon rumor that you don't even believe yourself. I still fail to see relevance to the Sony forum.

mike_2008
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,635Gear list
Like?
In reply to TrojMacReady, Apr 27, 2012

TrojMacReady wrote:

phiri wrote:

So basially you're seeking validation of your theory in a Nikon rumor that you don't even believe yourself. I still fail to see relevance to the Sony forum.

His purpose is simply to add a bit of fud to prospective sony ff dslt buyers.

The op has a very simply agenda: promote nikon at any opportunity, denigrate sony where possible.

-- hide signature --

Hell hath no fury like an ovf-shooter scorned.

mike_2008's gear list:mike_2008's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
Samsolar
Senior MemberPosts: 2,014Gear list
Like?
In reply to mike_2008, Apr 27, 2012

Dpr please split this forum so we can discuss Sony DSLR and Sony equipment, we want our own Forum.

mike_2008 wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

phiri wrote:

The op has a very simply agenda: promote nikon at any opportunity, denigrate sony where possible.

-- hide signature --

Samsolar's gear list:Samsolar's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A65 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
phiri
Like?

mike_2008 wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

phiri wrote:

-- hide signature --

I have not said anything bad bad about Sony. I mean just think for a second it might be very good news for Sony users. If Nikon can access this sensor from Sony and it turns out to be true at such a lower price, it only means one thing and that is Sony has something of a game changer. Otherwise it would make less sense. For anyone taking this as a negative thread then that is their problem. But if we can try to be philosophical here, we can really come with many interesting theories here
--

digititus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,133
Like?
In reply to Samsolar, Apr 27, 2012

Samsolar wrote:

Dpr please split this forum so we can discuss Sony DSLR and Sony equipment, we want our own Forum.

mike_2008 wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

phiri wrote:

-- hide signature --

The only thing worse than rumor mongers is conspiracy mongers!

Oops, this post was for Mike2008.

bloomoose
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,215Gear list
Like?
Re: This year may be decisive ...

It seems that FX will become a mass product and I had expected Sony to cater to the FX beginner on a budget with the rumored A99, whereas NikonĀ“s target group would be the D800 user who wants top performance for a reasonable price.

So I think 2012/2013 will be even decisive of who will stay in the game.
--
Greetings from Germany,
Pam
http://www.model-kartei.de/sedcard/fotograf/184280/

bloomoose's gear list:bloomoose's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha 7 +12 more
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 14,095Gear list
Like?
Thanks for the info, ignore the fanboys (nt)
-- hide signature --

Thanks,

Digitalshooter

PS: all posts are just my opinion!

digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
GodSpeaks
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,739Gear list
Like?

mike_2008 wrote:

Agreed, the OP is nothing but a Nikon fanboy who must fear Sony and their upcoming FF cameras.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +35 more
TrojMacReady
Like?
LOL (nt)
In reply to digitalshooter, Apr 27, 2012

notext

Samsolar
Senior MemberPosts: 2,014Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for the info, ignore the fanboys (nt)

If you want info on the Nikons than go to the Nikon forum, it is a great place. Did you know that they even have A Canon forum.

digitalshooter wrote:

-- hide signature --

Thanks,

Digitalshooter

PS: all posts are just my opinion!

Samsolar's gear list:Samsolar's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A65 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,863Gear list
Like?
LOL twice...! nt
-- hide signature --

Always having fun with photography ...

http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 +33 more
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,863Gear list
Like?
Go to Nikon Forum, don't you ever learn? nt
-- hide signature --

Always having fun with photography ...

http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 +33 more
stan_pustylnik
Senior MemberPosts: 3,171Gear list
Like?
It is not competition

Since Sony builds sensors for many Nikon DSLRs and for Pentax, their relationship is not real competition, but partnership.
From consumer perspective true competition would be better.
--

Person is taking photos, not camera. When photograph is bad, it's because photographer doesn't know how to choose settings optimal to "own preferences". Then blames camera for bad IQ.
This is same as blaming car about arriving to wrong destination.

http://stan-pustylnik.smugmug.com

stan_pustylnik's gear list:stan_pustylnik's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
phiri
Like?
Re: It is not competition
In reply to stan_pustylnik, Apr 27, 2012

stan_pustylnik wrote:

Since Sony builds sensors for many Nikon DSLRs and for Pentax, their relationship is not real competition, but partnership.
--

Person is taking photos, not camera. When photograph is bad, it's because photographer doesn't know how to choose settings optimal to "own preferences". Then blames camera for bad IQ.

Yes but for those that have read that rumor, if it becomes true make you believe that Sony has something that they believe will stand against the competition pretty well. Otherwise it would not make sense even though I know that Sony semiconductor which makes sensors is separate from Sony imaging which makes cameras
--

phiri
Like?
In reply to GodSpeaks, Apr 27, 2012

GodSpeaks wrote:

mike_2008 wrote:

Agreed, the OP is nothing but a Nikon fanboy who must fear Sony and their upcoming FF cameras.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

What has this anything to do with fanboyism. I have not elevated any camera brand or bashed any other. What you have to know is that some of us dont take our cameras to bed. I am not defined but what I use.
--

stan_pustylnik
Senior MemberPosts: 3,171Gear list
Like?
Re: It is not competition

phiri wrote:

stan_pustylnik wrote:

--

Yes but for those that have read that rumor, if it becomes true make you believe that Sony has something that they believe will stand against the competition pretty well. Otherwise it would not make sense even though I know that Sony semiconductor which makes sensors is separate from Sony imaging which makes cameras

D600 rumor? Awesome, bring it on baby!

I don't care what logo is on the camera of person who does great photography.

I would care, if I would be CEO of these camera makers. Thanks God, photography is my hobby and I have no relation to camera manufacturing or sales.

As long as conveyors on Sony plants are working hard, "makeyoubelive" is doable for many Sony, Nikon, Pentax camera users.

-- hide signature --

stan_pustylnik's gear list:stan_pustylnik's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
WaltKnapp
Forum ProPosts: 13,566
Like?

phiri wrote:

Sony has no control over Nikon. As far as sensor, Nikon designs their sensors, Sony only fabs them. Nikon could easily find another fab if Sony got uppity.

A D600 fits Nikon's current apparent plan to expand their range to all levels instead of staying just at the top. But Nikon is doing it primarily to hit Canon, Sony is a little player in this.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads