Can't you just go out and rent them rather than asking opinions.

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions
abi170845
Regular MemberPosts: 284
Like?
Can't you just go out and rent them rather than asking opinions.
Apr 27, 2012

I see a lot of threads asking comparing, dissing, praising, techno babble this, techno babble that, is this camera for me? if I upgrade etc etc.

If you are one of the people thinking or even talking about getting a 5dmk2, 5dmk3, d800, d700, 1d, 1ds, 7D why don't you go and find a place that you can rent rather than endlessly talking about it ad nauseum in forums.

The 5dmk3 is already for rent at my local camera rental, and the only way that I will know if the 5dmk2 5dmk3 d800 are worth the thousands of dollars is by renting them and trying them out. sheeeesh!

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Deleted1929
Forum ProPosts: 13,050
Like?
Re: Can't you just go out and rent them rather than asking opinions.
In reply to abi170845, Apr 27, 2012

Not so easy to rent them as they're not widely available. There's a long queue for e.g. D800 orders forming in most pro shops and Nikon are, as usual, not producing at a level to match demand.

Assumes that the people asking all have the knowledge to test them out, which, from what I've seen in posts here, is not generally true. A lot of people seem to be planning to buy these cameras simply because they want "the best" without understanding the first thing about photography.

At least when the people who haven't a clue ask about them here they can be advised they don't need the systems and they might save themselves money.

-- hide signature --

StephenG

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
dannybgoode
Contributing MemberPosts: 641Gear list
Like?
Re: Can't you just go out and rent them rather than asking opinions.
In reply to Deleted1929, Apr 27, 2012

A good local camera sh should have no problem in letting you have a really good play with any camera you're looking to buy. Ok it may not be the same as an extended test but even then some will let you have one for the weekend in return for your credit card details.

If you're going to be putting substantial money their way it's amazing how helpful they become. The really good ones will be helpful anyway...

Of course you may not get it as cheap as buying online but that's the cost of service sometimes.

Cheers

Danny B
--
Shoot lots...

http://www.dannybowerphotography.co.uk

dannybgoode's gear list:dannybgoode's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads