OM-D sensor IS PANASONIC...HERE IS PROOF!

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions
Triggr Happy
Regular MemberPosts: 321
Like?
OM-D sensor IS PANASONIC...HERE IS PROOF!
Apr 27, 2012

Now that Lightroom 4.1 can develop EM-5 RAWs it is obvious that it's (variant of) sensor used in GH-2.

I hereby eat all my (bad) comments about EM-5, however they were based on very poor examples posted here on this forum.

And here is the proof. Except for minor WB difference, these are almost identical (not taking into account that Oly is cheating on ISO ;). )
GH-2 and EM-5 side by side. Which one is which?

DonSantos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,118Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D sensor IS PANASONIC...HERE IS PROOF!
In reply to Triggr Happy, Apr 27, 2012

left is omd right is gh2

DonSantos's gear list:DonSantos's gear list
Nikon D600 Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
szlevi
Contributing MemberPosts: 932Gear list
Like?
YOU are HIGH..."HERE IS PROOF!" (sic) (nt)
-- hide signature --

http://instagr.am/p/JvSMWFBYyl
(Now you cannot say I don't have a single pic! :P)

szlevi's gear list:szlevi's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +7 more
szlevi
Like?
In reply to DonSantos, Apr 27, 2012

Please, don't feed the troll.

(In case you don't believe me just check his track record, you will see he is full of it: http://www.dpreview.com/members/33499014 :|)

DonSantos wrote:

left is omd right is gh2

-- hide signature --

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +7 more
Michael Kaufman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,593Gear list
Like?

Triggr Happy wrote:

And here is the proof. Except for minor WB difference, these are almost identical

1) This is evidence, not proof.

2) Why do you people care so much who made the sensor? Actually, let me rephrase that. Why do you care at all who made the sensor?

Michael Kaufman's gear list:Michael Kaufman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S RX100 III Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Triggr Happy
Like?
In reply to DonSantos, Apr 27, 2012

No. Any more guesses? LOL

DonSantos wrote:

left is omd right is gh2

Bluephotons
Senior MemberPosts: 2,577Gear list
Like?
Re: YOU are HIGH..."HERE IS PROOF!" (sic) (nt)
In reply to szlevi, Apr 27, 2012

Triggr that won't be enough you most show birth certificate (DXO certificate) or it won't proof anything here
--
Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
szlevi
Like?
In reply to Michael Kaufman, Apr 27, 2012

It's not even evidence either, it's just another stupid troll craving for attention.

-- hide signature --

inti4444
Contributing MemberPosts: 784
Like?

you got it you win

and I don't care

Gaston

Triggr Happy
Like?

and you are nothing but blind fanboy.

Can you not accept that EM-5 is NOT miracle camera and that many of us here have been enjoying the great camera for almost 2 years that just now EM-5 has caught up with. Thanks to Panasonic sensor! As usual, too little too late from Oly, GH-3 are you here yet?

szlevi wrote:

(In case you don't believe me just check his track record, you will see he is full of it: http://www.dpreview.com/members/33499014 :|)

DonSantos wrote:

left is omd right is gh2

-- hide signature --

szlevi
Like?
The most pathetic kind of troll = Panasonic fanboy trying to can the OM-D :D (nt)

Triggr Happy wrote:

Can you not accept that EM-5 is NOT miracle camera and that many of us here have been enjoying the great camera for almost 2 years that just now EM-5 has caught up with. Thanks to Panasonic sensor! As usual, too little too late from Oly, GH-3 are you here yet?

szlevi wrote:

DonSantos wrote:

left is omd right is gh2

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,167
Like?

I don't know if that is so, but I find that sharpening and adding more red to Panasonic pictures I'm getting very same look the Olympus pictures posted here, so sensors on both cameras have probably only superficial differences.

If I were to guess, I would say the right picture is from Olympus simply because it has stronger sharpening and more reddish.

Triggr Happy wrote:

Now that Lightroom 4.1 can develop EM-5 RAWs it is obvious that it's (variant of) sensor used in GH-2.

I hereby eat all my (bad) comments about EM-5, however they were based on very poor examples posted here on this forum.

And here is the proof. Except for minor WB difference, these are almost identical (not taking into account that Oly is cheating on ISO ;). )

MaxB1
Contributing MemberPosts: 899Gear list
Like?
Triggr goes DIRECTLY to the "IGNORE LIST " !!!!

HOW SAD !!!!!

MaxB1's gear list:MaxB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +8 more
Triggr Happy
Like?
Re: The most pathetic kind of troll = Panasonic fanboy trying to can the OM-D :D (nt)

Did you read my first comment here, "I hereby eat all my (bad) comments about OM-D"?
What is wrong with you moron?!

Did I not just say that EM-5 is almost/just as good as GH-2?
I am no fanboy of any brand. You are!

Triggr Happy
Like?
In reply to forpetessake, Apr 27, 2012

You are correct.
thanks.

forpetessake wrote:

I don't know if that is so, but I find that sharpening and adding more red to Panasonic pictures I'm getting very same look the Olympus pictures posted here, so sensors on both cameras have probably only superficial differences.

If I were to guess, I would say the right picture is from Olympus simply because it has stronger sharpening and more reddish.

Triggr Happy wrote:

Ollie 2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364Gear list
Like?

Wow.

Speaking of “pathetic little fanboys”...

...you appear to be on the verge of a complete breakdown.

Ollie 2's gear list:Ollie 2's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Olympus PEN E-P2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +16 more
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,167
Like?
In reply to Ollie 2, Apr 27, 2012

I'm amazed at the low IQ of this forum. It eagerly supports the fanboyism of "the latest and greatest" camera model, forgetting what it was doing yesterday. When great Panasonic camera comes out, everything else becomes a cr*p, not worthy of comparison. When an Olympus comes out, Panasonics are now cr*p. The truth is that there are little real differences in all latest Panasonic and Olympus models. There are small improvements year after year, but nothing revolutionary. It's especially amusing to see people dumping their GX1 or GH2 and opting for EM5 while images from those cameras are practically identical and one can achieve in PP whatever he wants. EM5 is a great camera but the irrational exuberance on this forum makes an impression it's filled with adolescents not capable of rational thinking.

Ollie 2 wrote:

Wow.

Speaking of “pathetic little fanboys”...

...you appear to be on the verge of a complete breakdown.

siminona
Senior MemberPosts: 1,221
Like?
Look again...

There's certainly a difference even in the hue and detail. Look at the feather and the darks in the grayscale gradient.

Triggr Happy wrote:

dotborg
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,373
Like?
Sorry, it proves nothing.
In reply to siminona, Apr 27, 2012

However, it does show that the image on the right was lightened more than the image on the left and it still has less noise.

[edit] Oops, sorry siminona, My reply was intended for the OP.

-- hide signature --
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,465Gear list
Like?

They don't want to assume that is a Panasonic sensor

Triggr Happy wrote:

szlevi wrote:

DonSantos wrote:

left is omd right is gh2

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads