D700 - Charge via USB

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions
ScottPDX
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
D700 - Charge via USB
Apr 27, 2012

Is it possible to charge the D700 via USB? Cheers!

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
nevada5
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,890Gear list
Like?
Wrong forum
In reply to ScottPDX, Apr 27, 2012

This is "the place to discuss Nikon compact digital cameras."

The forum for the D700 is here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1021

-- hide signature --

Larry
http://www.pbase.com/fernley

I'm experimenting with Quantum Physics and I just discovered that I can completely destr

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BrianSaunders
Regular MemberPosts: 196
Like?
Re: Wrong forum
In reply to nevada5, Apr 27, 2012

nevada5 wrote:

The forum for the D700 is here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1021

Come on, give the guy a break. Maybe you have no clue why he is asking here. Many of the Coolpix use that method and maybe he has one and thought he could do it with the D700. BTW OP the answer is no. You couldn't help, yet you took the time to post an unfriendly reply.

-- hide signature --

D700
D90
Nikon 1 V1
Coolpix P7100
Olympus E-PL2
Olympus C770UZ

Canon 20D
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

nevada5
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,890Gear list
Like?
In reply to BrianSaunders, Apr 27, 2012

BrianSaunders wrote:

nevada5 wrote:

Come on, give the guy a break. Maybe you have no clue why he is asking here. Many of the Coolpix use that method and maybe he has one and thought he could do it with the D700. BTW OP the answer is no. You couldn't help, yet you took the time to post an unfriendly reply.

Unfriendly? I took the time to provide him the link to the correct forum. What do you see as unfriendly? You might be OK allowing someone to think he'll get the best/most responses in the wrong forum, but if I have a minute I prefer to not allow him to continue to be misled. It could be that all those who prefer to ignore someone who's in the wrong forum might be the unfriendly ones.

The forum title is misleading. I've requested that it be clarified at least twice and others have done the same. If the site owners prefer to ignore it, so be it. But allowing people to be misled won't help them in their future posts.

-- hide signature --

Larry
http://www.pbase.com/fernley

I'm experimenting with Quantum Physics and I just discovered that I can completely destr

BrianSaunders
Like?
In reply to nevada5, Apr 27, 2012

nevada5 wrote:

BrianSaunders wrote:

nevada5 wrote:

Come on, give the guy a break. Maybe you have no clue why he is asking heaaAqre. Many of the Coolpix use that method and maybe he has one and thought he could do it with the D700. BTW OP the answer is no. You couldn't help, yet you took the time to post an unfriendly reply.

Unfriendly? I took the time to provide him the link to the correct forum. What do you see as unfriendly? You might be OK allowing someone to think he'll get the best/most responses in the wrong forum, but if I have a minute I prefer to not allow him to continue to be misled. It could be that all those who prefer to ignore someone who's in the wrong forum might be the unfriendly ones.

The forum title is misleading. I've requested that it be clarified at least twice and others have done the same. If the site owners prefer to ignore it, so be it. But allowing people to be misled won't help them in their future

Your reading comprehension needs work. I can't believe your making an argument about this. You being a wise guy and unfriendly. What would you have done to the OP? Drawn and quartered. Stop with the bullying

-- hide signature --

D700
D90
Nikon 1 V1
Coolpix P7100
Olympus E-PL2
Olympus C770UZ

Canon 20D

epo001
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?
In reply to BrianSaunders, Apr 27, 2012

BrianSaunders wrote:

Your reading comprehension needs work. I can't believe your making an argument about this. You being a wise guy and unfriendly. What would you have done to the OP? Drawn and quartered. Stop with the bullying

I am with nevada5, you are the one picking an argument for the sake of it. Trying to make yourself look good by making others look bad are we?

The forum titles are poorly named and people post in the wrong forums, if not corrected it makes the forums even more useless than they are at the moment.

And to restate the obvious as some people's comprehension is indeed in need of work, this is not the correct forum in which to ask DSLR questions.

toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,106
Like?
In reply to epo001, Apr 27, 2012

I agree. Not with the BrianSaunders guy, though.

lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
In reply to toomanycanons, Apr 27, 2012

toomanycanons wrote:

I agree with Brian. I've looked thru your post history and appears to me you troll most of the forums with nothing to say except "wrong forum". When did dpreview make you the forum police. I don't understand someone that goes to forums just to cause trouble? If your at work and accessing the internet on company time, that really say's a lot about you. Unless you work for the government than anything goes.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
toomanycanons
Like?
In reply to lmtfa, Apr 27, 2012

You're wrong on all counts. Nice try.

lmtfa wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

I agree with Brian. I've looked thru your post history and appears to me you troll most of the forums with nothing to say except "wrong forum". When did dpreview make you the forum police. I don't understand someone that goes to forums just to cause trouble? If your at work and accessing the internet on company time, that really say's a lot about you. Unless you work for the government than anything goes.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

ehazera
Senior MemberPosts: 1,955
Like?
In reply to toomanycanons, Apr 27, 2012

Post to the correct forum.

toomanycanons
Like?
In reply to ehazera, Apr 27, 2012

To some a simple concept, worth repeating. To others, trolling.

ehazera wrote:

Post to the correct forum.

jimb2
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
In reply to toomanycanons, Apr 28, 2012

...And to others this is an annoying intrusion by self-appointed forum police. If your intention is to reduce the number of posts in this forum that are not about Nikon photography, I believe you are having just the opposite effect.

toomanycanons
Like?
In reply to jimb2, Apr 28, 2012

You're right. This thread went two replies longer because you responded.

jimb2 wrote:

...And to others this is an annoying intrusion by self-appointed forum police. If your intention is to reduce the number of posts in this forum that are not about Nikon photography, I believe you are having just the opposite effect.

jimb2
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
In reply to toomanycanons, Apr 28, 2012

just tyring to point out how others may feel in case you care. This is supposed to be fun

ehazera
Senior MemberPosts: 1,955
Like?
In reply to jimb2, Apr 28, 2012

Post in the correct forum. Have fun there.

BrianSaunders
Like?
In reply to ehazera, Apr 28, 2012

I have a suggestion for you. Stop trolling! Stop instigating!

-- hide signature --

D700
D90
Nikon 1 V1
Coolpix P7100
Olympus E-PL2
Olympus C770UZ

Canon 20D

toomanycanons
Like?
In reply to BrianSaunders, Apr 28, 2012

You don't have much control over your emotions do you BS? You're "instigating" your own self. Time to calm down and stop taking this internet stuff so dam seriously.

BrianSaunders wrote:

I have a suggestion for you. Stop trolling! Stop instigating!

-- hide signature --

D700
D90
Nikon 1 V1
Coolpix P7100
Olympus E-PL2
Olympus C770UZ

Canon 20D

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads