Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions
GluboK
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Lexar CF card reader problem.
Apr 26, 2012

Hello,

I have a quite strange problem here.

I just bought a new 32Go UDMA 7 Extreme Pro (90Mb/s) Sandisk CF card to put in my 5DII.

I generally copy my files from my CF cards using a lexar USB 2 CF card reader.

I use both PC and macbookpro.

Till now, no problem at all.

First thing I did when I received my card was to format it in my 5DII.

After a shooting this afternoon I wanted to transfer my files to my macbook (for the first time using this card).

I took the card from my 5DII and put it in my reader. The CF card reader kept disconnecting (dismounting) from my mac. No way to copy any file from the card.

I had a card with a bad sector once, generally the error occurs on just one file wich is said to be corrupted.

But now, it does it with any file.

Same on my pc, no way to copy any file. The card reader is not disconnecting from my pc though.

BUT if I choose to connect directly my 5DII via the usb cable, no problem at all to transfer my files on my pc or mac.

My card reader is working just fine with my other CF cards (2 x sandisk 30MB/s extreme III 16Go).

I just don't know what's going on.

Anyone have had the same issue here ?

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
hotdog321
Forum ProPosts: 10,709Gear list
Like?
Re: Lexar CF card reader problem.
In reply to GluboK, Apr 26, 2012

I think remember some posts (here? Amazon reviews?) by folks having issues with the Lexar reader and some 32GB cards. Lexar might have a firmware update that will help. Good luck. (I'm still using 16 GB Lexars in my Lexar reader, so I don't have first-hand knowledge.)

hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Black Dot Bob
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
In reply to hotdog321, Apr 27, 2012

My only problem with my lexar 800 is that it doesn't support 64bit Vista. Ended up gettng a USB 3.0 reader and interface. So far so good.

GluboK
Like?
In reply to Black Dot Bob, Apr 27, 2012

Thx guys for your answer.

So it seems that my card is ok afterall, should investigate on the CF reader.

hotdog321
Forum ProPosts: 10,709Gear list
Like?
In reply to GluboK, Apr 27, 2012

Pretty sure it is the reader. Maybe you can borrow another reader from someone.

hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
SGuide
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
In reply to GluboK, May 2, 2012

Hi there,

I am a member of Lexar's PR team and wanted to see if we could help. Could you send some details of your card reader issue to lexar@matternow.com and provide your contact information so we can have support contact you to help get this fixed?

Best,
Sheena

GluboK
Like?
In reply to SGuide, May 3, 2012

SGuide wrote:

Hi there,

I am a member of Lexar's PR team and wanted to see if we could help. Could you send some details of your card reader issue to lexar@matternow.com and provide your contact information so we can have support contact you to help get this fixed?

Best,
Sheena

I just bought the USB 3.0 version of my LEXAR card reader. I'll let you know in this thread if it solved my problem.

Thank you for your professionalism.

GluboK
Like?
In reply to GluboK, May 4, 2012

Just received my LEXAR USB 3.0 CF card reader.

Works just fine with my new Sandisk 32Go Exteme pro UDMA 7.

I'm really happy with this compact card reader.

Thank's all.

Arnaud

PhilM oz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,196
Like?
Lexar USB 3.0 reader doesn't work with Lexar 1000x 32GB CF card
In reply to SGuide, May 24, 2012

SGuide wrote:

Hi there,

I've just bought a 32GB Lexar 1000x CF card and the Lexar USB 3.0 card reader (model LRW300U Rev C1.1).

When I plug the reader into a USB 3.0 port it will not work with the 1000x CF card. Sometimes the card is not recognised, if it is recognised the files are corrupted when copied to the computer.

If I plug it into a USB 2.0 port it works fine.

If I use a Sandisk Extreme IV CF card it works fine in both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.

I have tried this on two different computers with exactly the same results.

The card works fine in the camera (Canon 7D) - it just won't transfer any images relaibly using the reader when plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

I have updated all device drivers, reformatted the card in both the PC and camera and run chkdsk on the card.

I sent an email to Lexar support; but have not had any response.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil.

Michael H
Regular MemberPosts: 475
Like?
In reply to SGuide, May 28, 2012

Sheena

I reported an issue between SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro CF cards and the Lexar USB 3.0 reader (using the new 1000x CF card firmware) some months ago. Just silence from the Lexar Help Desk.

PhilM oz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,196
Like?
Update
In reply to PhilM oz, May 30, 2012

Lexar support got back to me and confirmed the USB 3.0 reader was faulty.
I was able to replace it and the new one is working fine so far.

Phil.

klatu
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to SGuide, Jun 29, 2012

hello
My Problem:
Lexar 16 GB 1000x.
Lexar Pro Reader usb 3.0 work fine

Lexar Pro Reader usb 2.0 (have 2 reader and test it on 3 different Compfuter Win7 32 and 64 bit) not work.
All other Reader (Hoodmann and co) not work with this Card.

Lexar Support write me it is compatible and i have to send it to test? (Crazy all my readers and Cars to send them for weeks)
i think it is not compatible with all aother incl. the lexar USB 2.0 reader.
ALL other Cards Sandisk and all Lexar

So i think this 1000x no compatible with other Readers as the Lexar Pro 3.0 (with Firmwareupdate)
I go today to my seler and give the card back.

JohnDE
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
In reply to klatu, Jul 1, 2012

I have exactly the same issue. Lexar 1000x CF does not read on a Lexar Pro USB 2.0 reader, but same 1000x CF reads just fine on a Lexar Pro USB 3.0 reader...and just fine on a FireWire 800 CF reader.

JohnDE's gear list:JohnDE's gear list
Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +10 more
JohnDE
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
In reply to JohnDE, Jul 2, 2012

Just heard from Lexar on this issue. Seems old (rev A) Lexar Pro USB 2.0 readers are not compatable with the 1000x cards. Also, those lucky enough to have new Mac Books with USB 3.0 ports need to be sure and update the Lexar Pro USB 3.0 readers to the latest firmware version.

I was very impressed by how responsive Lexar was in addressing this issue (and no, I don't work for them or own any stock).

JohnDE's gear list:JohnDE's gear list
Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +10 more
imagenes_vivas
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
In reply to JohnDE, Jul 9, 2012

JohnDE wrote:

Just heard from Lexar on this issue. Seems old (rev A) Lexar Pro USB 2.0 readers are not compatable with the 1000x cards.

I was very impressed by how responsive Lexar was in addressing this issue (and no, I don't work for them or own any stock).

My Lexar Professional UDMA CF/SD reader also does not read SanDisk Extreme and Extrem Pro 8GB and 16GB. How Lexar adressed this issue?

imagenes_vivas's gear list:imagenes_vivas's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
AnupamXingha
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
In reply to imagenes_vivas, Jan 9, 2013
16gb 800x CF and 25 in1 USB3 card reader.
Problem: card works fine when connected through camera(D800) but when connected through card reader the files are shown as corrupted and sometimes it doesn't connect at all.I have used other cards 4gb 133x cf, 16gb sandisk extreme sdhc which works fine.
tried on System:1.windows 7 & 8, adobe bridge CS62.Macbook pro, adobe bridge CS6
digitalweddings
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
In reply to GluboK, Apr 5, 2013

Same problem here, using a Nikon D4, 32GB CF 1000x card put in Lexar Pro USB2.0 reader, struggled to read, put back in camera, card unusable, could recover some files with recovery software, happened with a wedding of all things!, store replaced card. Friend of mine had same problem recently, same card, Nikon D800, he has a Lexar Pro USB 3.0 reader, same problem, card unreadable after attempting to download images. Paid a premium for these cards, lost my confidence with Lexar "Pro" cards & card readers. Back to Sandisk who has never failed me.

Update: Trying to download images from 1000x CF 32gb right now using Lexar Profesional USB 2.0 card reader on Imac 27" 2011, keep on receiving "card not ejected properly" error message. Images fail to download. I take CF card out, insert Sandisk 16gb extreme SD, works perfectly. Problem seems to be between 1000x CF cards and Lexar's own "professional" card readers.

deborah12345
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
In reply to hotdog321, Apr 8, 2013

Hello,

The older Lexar USB 2.0 Rev A reader does ont support the newer generation UDMA7 cards. The Rev B readers can be updated to support the newer cards but it would be best to uset the newer generation readers like the Lexar USB 3.0 that has been tested with the Lexar UDMA 1000X cards and others.

In order to have the lexar Rev B reader updated you can go to the lexar website and contact the support group there, and even chat live if you wish.

Kind Regards

Lexar Support

James A.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,083Gear list
Like?
My Lexar 4GB 133x ejects/ remounts on Mountain Lion with Sandisk Reader
In reply to deborah12345, Jun 7, 2013

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina with a Sandisk SDDR 189 USB 2.0 card reader. For whatever reason my card reader when plugged into my RIGHT USB port with my LEXAR 4GB professional 133X CF card will eject/dismount and then remount, then do this again and again and again. Occassionally after doing it a few times it will stay connected. There are times though when it is connected on the right port that it will dismount/eject on its own during mid-transfer. I'm running 10.8.4 as my operating system. However on the left USB port it works fine.

My Sandisk brand CF cards ranging from 15mb/sec to 30mb/sec work perfectly on both USB ports. Go figure.

deborah12345
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Re: My Lexar 4GB 133x ejects/ remounts on Mountain Lion with Sandisk Reader
In reply to James A., Jun 10, 2013

Hi James,

Did you ever contact our general support group at 1-877-747-4031 to have your Lexar reader checked out. I would recommend using the USB 3.0 Lexar reader with the newer generation Mac you have running Lion. You can also reach Lexar support at www.lexar.com for assistance.

Regards

Lexar Support

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads