has NX200 MF assist like ricoh Snap focus?

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions
ZZ9
ZZ9
Regular MemberPosts: 445
Like?
has NX200 MF assist like ricoh Snap focus?
Apr 26, 2012

there is some funcion in NX200 similar to snap focus in ricoh when you can select the focus distance and so avoid any lag

or anyway there is on display some scale that show you at wich distance are you focusing?

Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,418Gear list
Like?
Re: has NX200 MF assist like ricoh Snap focus?
In reply to ZZ9, Apr 26, 2012

ZZ9 wrote:

there is some funcion in NX200 similar to snap focus in ricoh when you can select the focus distance and so avoid any lag

Not that I am aware of. Manual focus of course, but don't think that is what you are after.

or anyway there is on display some scale that show you at wich distance are you focusing?

There is a distance scale, but I think it only works with some lenses (60mm f/2.8 Macro and 85mm f/1.4).

Eric
--
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
whtchocla7e
Contributing MemberPosts: 927Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Apr 26, 2012

The distance scale issue is a shame.
It should be available for all lenses.

tkpenalty
Regular MemberPosts: 440
Like?
In reply to whtchocla7e, Apr 26, 2012

whtchocla7e wrote:

I'd rather a lens not have a distance scale and be able to focus closer/further away from infinity to cancel out any manufacturing variances.

Its actually quite unreasonable to expect most CDAF lenses to have it. They're not designed to work that way.

whtchocla7e
Contributing MemberPosts: 927Gear list
Like?
In reply to tkpenalty, Apr 26, 2012

tkpenalty wrote:

whtchocla7e wrote:

I'd rather a lens not have a distance scale and be able to focus closer/further away from infinity to cancel out any manufacturing variances.

Its actually quite unreasonable to expect most CDAF lenses to have it. They're not designed to work that way.

I would call that bad design then.

I can't image why a CDAF lens wouldn't be able to provide at least an approximation of the focus distance at any time.. Care to explain?

apkraven
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
In reply to whtchocla7e, Apr 26, 2012

focus by wire thing. electronic focus ring..

snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
In reply to ZZ9, Apr 27, 2012

First, that's not focus assist. However, if there is manual focusing on the NX200 (yes, there is), you will need to estimate by eye, set focus on an object at that distance, then leave it there. I do it with my EX1 and that's it, although Ricoh's feature would be welcome. It's unique to them, however, and Ricoh is a fairly special company, even for their lowly CX series, which has some serious features.

ZZ9 wrote:

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads