B&H---Please read HenryP

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions
henryp
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,600Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H---Please read HenryP
In reply to morpheus_23, Apr 25, 2012

morpheus_23 wrote:

I've made attempts to rectify a customer service issue to no avail. Perhaps you can help.

We will conduct the rest of this conversation via email.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

henryp's gear list:henryp's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
TFergus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
In reply to henryp, Apr 25, 2012

henryp wrote:

morpheus_23 wrote:

I've made attempts to rectify a customer service issue to no avail. Perhaps you can help.

We will conduct the rest of this conversation via email.

Good.

Now the rest of us can just speculate about what's being said.

Morpheus_23: Ok, so about my problem...
Henryp: Your problems?? I've got my own! Look who I work for !!

henryp
Like?
In reply to mattr, Apr 25, 2012

mattr wrote:

Part of Henry's job seems to be to manage B&H's online reputation. Thus, maybe a public display is more likely successful than a direct email...

From my Linkedin profile:

As Director of Corporate Communications, two of my primary functions are managing our company's reputation online and acting as an ombudsman for our customers. In the former capacity I frequent numerous forums, blogs, social network sites and newsgroups. As each situation warrants I am able to contribute as a B&H manager, a knowledgeable photographer with decades of professional experience, or as someone who enjoys considerable contacts in our industry. In the latter capacity I seek to assist customers who may need intervention over and above our normal channels. I attempt to cut red tape to resolve an individual customer's problem and I seek to understand the root cause of that problem and take steps to see it is not repeated.

When a customer comes to me with a problem there are two issues for me. One is trying to fix that customer's problem. The other is trying to determine if the cause of the problem is something we should be investigating or modifying internally. I always want to learn if there's a policy or a process or a habit we should consider altering one way or another.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

prairiewinters
Regular MemberPosts: 322Gear list
Like?

henryp wrote:

mattr wrote:

Part of Henry's job seems to be to manage B&H's online reputation. Thus, maybe a public display is more likely successful than a direct email...

As Director of Corporate Communications, two of my primary functions are managing our company's reputation online and acting as an ombudsman for our customers. In the former capacity I frequent numerous forums, blogs, social network sites and newsgroups. As each situation warrants I am able to contribute as a B&H manager, a knowledgeable photographer with decades of professional experience, or as someone who enjoys considerable contacts in our industry. In the latter capacity I seek to assist customers who may need intervention over and above our normal channels. I attempt to cut red tape to resolve an individual customer's problem and I seek to understand the root cause of that problem and take steps to see it is not repeated.

When a customer comes to me with a problem there are two issues for me. One is trying to fix that customer's problem. The other is trying to determine if the cause of the problem is something we should be investigating or modifying internally. I always want to learn if there's a policy or a process or a habit we should consider altering one way or another.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Nicely said, I like that B&H has someone doing what you do.

prairiewinters's gear list:prairiewinters's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
mattr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,443
Like?

henryp wrote:

mattr wrote:

Does this mean that your contact information is given to people who are unable to solve their issues through B&H's normal customer service? Apparently the OP in this thread found it necessary to use an online forum to contact you, which frankly can be a bit annoying.

Or is being an ombudsman for your customers linked to managing the online reputation?

TFergus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
In reply to mattr, Apr 26, 2012

mattr wrote:

henryp wrote:

mattr wrote:

Does this mean that your contact information is given to people who are unable to solve their issues through B&H's normal customer service?

Well... he's not THAT much of an ombudsman

Apparently the OP in this thread found it necessary to use an online forum to contact you, which frankly can be a bit annoying.

Customer service failed him (big time), and so he came here, where he knew Henry was reading, and knowing that Henry will try and help (if genuine, is nice of Henry), he made a thread.

Or is being an ombudsman for your customers linked to managing the online reputation?

I'm pretty sure we know which of the 2 is the most important to B&H.

henryp
Like?
In reply to mattr, Apr 26, 2012

mattr wrote:

Does this mean that your contact information is given to people who are unable to solve their issues through B&H's normal customer service?

Frequently. I also get customer emails and other customer communication forwarded to me by others here. I try to make sure my contact information is widely distributed online. My email address is in this forum's profile under PLAN, for example. In other forums, where I'm permitted to do so, my email address is linked in my forum sig.

TFergus wrote:

mattr wrote:

I'm pretty sure we know which of the 2 is the most important to B&H.

Customer satisfaction is always priority #1 around here.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads