In reply to Brick Eksten, Apr 25, 2012

Spoke to Best Buy On-line

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gazphotos
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
Re: D800 In Stock at Best Buy
In reply to JoMo333, Apr 25, 2012

Went to BB.com and it looked like I could order but in-store pick up was not availabe and neither was shipping. What's up with that? No in-store pick up and no shipping, yeah, I'd sign up for that with my credit card....NOT!

wzc110
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
In reply to Gazphotos, Apr 25, 2012

Shipping was available until about 15 minutes ago, it seems.

Valentin Hertz
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
In reply to wzc110, Apr 25, 2012

deal is dead! Shipping was available until 15 min ago. It seems they only had several in stock.

Bulldog50
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
In reply to Valentin Hertz, Apr 25, 2012

I ordered at 11:52 EDT. Got a confimation. I was able to click Expedited Shipping for $.12. What's that mean? Estimated arrival 5/1-5/4. That's 5 to 9days away. I wonder if this is nothing more than an Amazon "Head Fake". They did charge my credit card. I verified that with Mastercard. I just want a tracking number and I'll be happy.

Valentin Hertz
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
In reply to Bulldog50, Apr 25, 2012

Bulldog50 wrote:

I ordered at 11:52 EDT. Got a confimation. I was able to click Expedited Shipping for $.12. What's that mean? Estimated arrival 5/1-5/4. That's 5 to 9days away. I wonder if this is nothing more than an Amazon "Head Fake". They did charge my credit card. I verified that with Mastercard. I just want a tracking number and I'll be happy.

Who knows, got one also and put it on my bb store card 36 m %APR, 36 c delivery next day. They said it should be here this Friday. They did charge my card.

Bulldog50
Like?
In reply to Valentin Hertz, Apr 25, 2012

Yeah, I also spoke to some guy from bb.com on the phone, and he said mine should also be here by Fri, but the order says 5/1-5/4. My fear is that they are really not in stock. Waiting with baited breath for a tracking number or notification of shipping. I did not cancel my Amazon order yet.

nikoj
Contributing MemberPosts: 782Gear list
Like?
It's a good bet
In reply to pyzon, Apr 25, 2012

They maybe having some at the stores, but not showing on the online search. If you know your flagship BB stores in your area, I'd try giving them a call.

nikoj's gear list:nikoj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
iheartnikon
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Re: It's a good bet
In reply to nikoj, Apr 25, 2012

I got my order confirmation at 11:22 AM.

Anyone actually get a tracking number yet? Or an order status other than "in process of being fulfilled"??

Seabassius
Regular MemberPosts: 242
Like?
In reply to iheartnikon, Apr 25, 2012

I got an email saying mine was ready for pickup and would be held through May 3rd for me.
--
LB

Seabassius
Regular MemberPosts: 242
Like?
Never thought I would say this to a texans fan...
In reply to Stangs55, Apr 25, 2012

but you rock! Called online and found one in Colorado Springs I was able to drive down and get. They're out now and didn't have any in Denver.

go jags (I put that in lowercase out of deference to your good deed).
--
LB

iheartnikon
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
In reply to Seabassius, Apr 25, 2012

I called asking to switch mine to pickup, and they said that wasn't available at all for this item ...

Bulldog50
Like?
In reply to iheartnikon, Apr 25, 2012

iheartnikon wrote:

I got my order confirmation at 11:22 AM.

Anyone actually get a tracking number yet? Or an order status other than "in process of being fulfilled"??

No, I've got the same.

Bulldog50
Like?

I also ordered a battery yesterday from BB, which was in stock, and still do not have a tracking number on that. So it might take a day or two to ship.

Kyp
Kyp
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Got mine
In reply to Seabassius, Apr 25, 2012

Thank you to the OP.

Got mine on order.

Sale rep said their warehouse got a shipment of 50 units in stock.

Can't wait.

lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?

It can be added to cart and you can go through the checkout process. You will get an email confirmation that will say it is in process. Go back to the order page and you will see that the shipping option is grayed out. Pick up in store is the only option, when you click on check stores for availability (at least in my area) all the stores show unavailable.

Best Buy better come through with the camera or it will be one big public relations fiasco. I can only imagine the number of people that have placed an order.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Bulldog50
Like?
In reply to lmtfa, Apr 25, 2012

lmtfa wrote:

It can be added to cart and you can go through the checkout process. You will get an email confirmation that will say it is in process. Go back to the order page and you will see that the shipping option is grayed out. Pick up in store is the only option, when you click on check stores for availability (at least in my area) all the stores show unavailable.

Best Buy better come through with the camera or it will be one big public relations fiasco. I can only imagine the number of people that have placed an order.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

Shipping may be greyed out because it is already in process, so it cannot be changed. Hopefully this is the reason.

Hughesnet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,024Gear list
Like?

Shipping is greyed out because there are no more left to ship from the warehouse. But if your order got in then they should have one on its way to you. There won't be a tracking number till they ship it. Which could be later this afternoon.

Hughesnet's gear list:Hughesnet's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
qikpik
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?

If you see the store pickup greyed out you may still be able to order in store...I was able to do that about 30-45 min ago. Expected delivery 5/02. Haul your @$$ to the store NOW...

Thank You OP!

swap nil
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 In Stock at Best Buy more in New Jersey

I called in to Best Buy and it seems we are in luck. They have more of D800 destined for Friday 4/28. People in NJ, skip the lines; Orders are being placed on the phone as well if you are interested.

Thank you OP!!!!

swap nil's gear list:swap nil's gear list
Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads