Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions
surfsnow
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
OM-D EM-5 Black with no lens est. time on Amazon
Apr 25, 2012

Hi All:

This is my first post on this forum.

I have been following dpreview for a long time, buit this whole OMD preorder/backorder ordeal made me finally decided to sign up in this forum.

Since last Monday, I have been trying to get an estimated delivery date for the Black no lens kit.

Long story short, finally got some sort of a "date" today, which I got informed from the representative on Amazon customer support chat.

They told me Jun. 16th.....

So I guess, if I don't want to wait, I probably going to get the one with kit lens.

Do other people have different est. date from Amazon on the Black no lens kit?

Thanks.

Raker13
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: OM-D EM-5 Black with no lens est. time on Amazon
In reply to surfsnow, Apr 25, 2012

During a break on my graveyard shift last night, 4/23, I noticed a post in this forum that Amazon had a OMD w/14-42 in black. Zip, right to Amazon and they had them. Thanks to the person that posted that by the way... I too, wanted a body only. I figured that with the 14-42 price just a few dollars more, (no taxes for my state, and Prime shipping), I would get a very good deal, (if you discount taxes and shipping). I would just either use the 14-42, give it away, or sell it. I just got notice that my OMD will be at my Bay Area California home this Thursday. They got a order of 14-42 kits in and now they're already shipping. Wow. I cancelled my black body only order. Things change fast if you stay up to date on this forum. Yesterday I was looking at a early/mid summer ship date, and now...one is on the way.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rclary
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D EM-5 Black 14-42 kit Ordered Thursday Delivered Today

Ater tiring of waiting for an EM-5 silver body only on Amazon, we called CameraLand NY, just on a hunch. They had some black 14-42 kits that were not already spoken for.

We ordered one, on last Thursday. It was delivered today, and seems to be perfect, with no shutting off, sensor jumping problems.

They may still have some. Call (866)-9optics. No price premium above the list price.
Very nice people to deal with.

rclary's gear list:rclary's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +13 more
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
In reply to rclary, Apr 25, 2012

Well I had a pre-order @ B&H for the 12-50 although originally I liked the idea of the smaller (14-42) kit lens so I checked Cameraland & it showed the 14-42 black still available so I got one. I saw they had the hld6 grip for $249 as well so ordered it as well since I was planning on adding that too so thanks for posting this!

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Jonathan Robson
Contributing MemberPosts: 843Gear list
Like?
In reply to netsurfr, Apr 25, 2012

Ditto to ordering the 14-42 kit, did the same about 30 minutes ago, though I'm guessing that their website stock status does not update automatically, so there is a good chance that they didn't have any left by the time we ordered, but guess we'll find out tomorrow when they open.

Cheers
Jonathan

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona

http://jrobfoto.com

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +17 more
Oly500Enew
Senior MemberPosts: 1,004Gear list
Like?

Ditto on the thanks for posting this. Grip is tempting too. I guess I might have to pass on the $150 40-150 bundle.
--
I'm not a professional, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

http://www.2112photography.net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21868346@N00/

Oly500Enew's gear list:Oly500Enew's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
surfsnow
Like?
In reply to rclary, Apr 25, 2012

Thank you all for your info.

I think I will stick with my GF1 for now and wait for the unicorn from Amazon.

Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
My silver OMD with no lens arrived yesterday

. . . My assumption is that maybe black bodies have begun shipping as well. I pre-ordered 2 1/2 months ago so if you've only ordered recently you may be in for a long wait though. My order was directly with Olympus USA.

surfsnow wrote:

Hi All:

This is my first post on this forum.

I have been following dpreview for a long time, buit this whole OMD preorder/backorder ordeal made me finally decided to sign up in this forum.

Since last Monday, I have been trying to get an estimated delivery date for the Black no lens kit.

Long story short, finally got some sort of a "date" today, which I got informed from the representative on Amazon customer support chat.

They told me Jun. 16th.....

So I guess, if I don't want to wait, I probably going to get the one with kit lens.

Do other people have different est. date from Amazon on the Black no lens kit?

Thanks.

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,239Gear list
Like?
Might be a black w 14-42 available

Willoughby's on Amazon.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +17 more
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
In reply to surfsnow, Apr 26, 2012

Just got confirmation that my black em5 w/ 14-42 & hdl6 grip is shipping this afternoon from CameralandNY! When I ordered mine they had a special on the hdl6 grip but see they jacked up the price back to $299 on their website.

They said they are getting 6 more in tomorrow in case some of you are still looking.

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
eyeamgage
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
In reply to netsurfr, Apr 26, 2012

B&H has the 14-42 kits in stock right now

kentique
Like?
In reply to surfsnow, Apr 27, 2012

I preordered on April 10th, and I got a similar date of June 19th arrival for the preorder of body only. two days after, that estimate changed to June 22nd. Now it is back to shipping unknown, so the estimate you received sounds about right.

Jonathan Robson
Contributing MemberPosts: 843Gear list
Like?
In reply to surfsnow, Apr 29, 2012

Got mine yesterday from CameraLand, very impressed with CameraLand, free shipping and got Saturday delivery.

Went shooting all afternoon with it, very impressed so far. Also stopped by Helix camera with a friend who wanted to look at the XPro1, after handing both now, he is ordering an OM-D.

I'm amazed how solid the camera feels.

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona

http://jrobfoto.com

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads