'Not only immoral, but stupid"

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
'Not only immoral, but stupid"
Apr 20, 2012

DERSHOWITZ BLASTS ZIMMERMAN PROSECUTION: 'NOT ONLY IMMORAL, BUT STUPID'

With ABC News’ release of the George Zimmerman photo showing blood flowing freely from his head, the question becomes whether Angela Corey, the prosecutor in the case, had access to the photo before charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

The arrest affidavit did not mention the photograph , or the bleeding, gashes, and bruises on Zimmermans’ head. Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School stated upon release of the arrest affidavit that it was “ so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge … everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense .”

After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further, telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “ grave ethical violation ,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant information.”

Dershowitz continued, “An affidavit that willfully misstates undisputed evidence known to the prosecution is not only unethical but borders on perjury because an affiant swears to tell not only the truth, but the whole truth, and suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie."

itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 6,340
Like?
it's an election year
In reply to Princess Leia, Apr 20, 2012

it's an election year and regardless if Zimmerman did or did not, they're going to roast him.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
D P O'neil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,872
Like?
Re: 'Not only immoral, but stupid"

Princess Leia wrote:

With ABC News’ release of the George Zimmerman photo showing blood flowing freely from his head, the question becomes whether Angela Corey, the prosecutor in the case, had access to the photo before charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

The arrest affidavit did not mention the photograph , or the bleeding, gashes, and bruises on Zimmermans’ head. Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School stated upon release of the arrest affidavit that it was “ so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge … everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense .”

After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further, telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “ grave ethical violation ,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant information.”

Dershowitz continued, “An affidavit that willfully misstates undisputed evidence known to the prosecution is not only unethical but borders on perjury because an affiant swears to tell not only the truth, but the whole truth, and suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie."

So you've shown us your cut n paste skills. Now what

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards
Dennis P O'Neil APSNZ
'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'

smallcams
Senior MemberPosts: 3,297
Like?

And by the logic of some, anyone who disagrees with Dershowitz is antisemitic.

Princess Leia wrote:

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 28,553Gear list
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

Better yet; Angela Corey had access to all medical records for Zimmerman and undertaker reports for Treyvon in the case, including those of the EMS first responders to the situation, the reason the police cancelled the ambulance that was in route, hospital records, if any, for Zimmerman after the shooting. With that she charged second degree murder .

On lay people like you and the press are depending on leaked photos that are of dubious validity.

knox
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,455
Like?

geeezus, you are certainly on another self appointed mission to put those 'lefties' in their place! . . It / Obama / lefties all just eat your lunch daily and you keep going to ALL this trouble!

The key word is . . . . "IF" . . .' the prosecutors had the photo. Searching out more links, starting more conflict baiting threads are not important . . facts are and we don't know what the prosecutors OR the defense are hiding. The truth will hopefully come out and all the slants / threads you (or anyone) starts are not going to mean a thing in the end.

Princess Leia wrote:

LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 12,232Gear list
Like?

Regardless of who says what, Zimmermann is entitled to an honest trial before he hangs for the murder of an unarmed teenager.
You, as his staunch defender, might want to keep him company on his last trip

chiane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,178
Like?
In reply to knox, Apr 20, 2012

This is like a Notre Dame vs. Ohio State football game. The only good outcome is a blimp crash.

95_9C1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie

careful, statements like this could upset some delicate "realities" in this forum ...

WoodMaven
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,985
Like?
Lay people like you?....
In reply to mamallama, Apr 20, 2012

mamallama wrote:

On lay people like you and the press are depending on leaked photos that are of dubious validity.

But you, of course, have magical knowledge to impart, yes? Please, enlighten us with your FACTS.

(FYI for the uninitiated who have trouble with the English language, FACTS are indisputable bits of knowledge. You have these?)

Wilhelm, the WoodMaven

95_9C1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429
Like?
In reply to 95_9C1, Apr 20, 2012

it's looking more like Treyvon acted out in response to a Zimmerman question/provocation

is the lynch mob, here, still ready to hang Zimmerman ?

WoodMaven
Like?
What's the chance that we wait until the trial....?

It swings this way and that. Pro, con....

The only folks who will hear ALL the evidence (if politicians allow it) is the jury. Why not just wait for the outcome?

My gut tells me Zimmerman blew it. But I'd like to hear his version and see if it's believable. Of course, I'll never get to hear it - unless I can get my hands on court transcripts.

But for heaven's sake, why not let our legal system, the finest on the planet, do its thing before we hang this guy just because he killed the "protected" race.

Wilhelm, the WoodMaven

RobertSigmund
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,177Gear list
Like?
In reply to 95_9C1, Apr 20, 2012

Dershowitz overestimates himself.

RobertSigmund's gear list:RobertSigmund's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
hjr13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,032Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the chance that we wait until the trial....?
In reply to WoodMaven, Apr 21, 2012

WoodMaven wrote:

My gut tells me Zimmerman blew it. But I'd like to hear his version and see if it's believable. Of course, I'll never get to hear it - unless I can get my hands on court transcripts.

Fla has a history of letting cameras into the courtroom, so you might be able to see the whole thing. That being said, it will probably be a circus in there, everyone playing everything up for the cameras hoping to be a star.

Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
In reply to hjr13, Apr 21, 2012

The hearing was live today, even BBC carried it live.

hjr13 wrote:

WoodMaven wrote:

Fla has a history of letting cameras into the courtroom, so you might be able to see the whole thing. That being said, it will probably be a circus in there, everyone playing everything up for the cameras hoping to be a star.

D P O'neil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,872
Like?

WoodMaven wrote:

But for heaven's sake, why not let our legal system, the finest on the planet, do its thing before we hang this guy just because he killed the "protected" race.

Excellent. Spoken like a true racist!

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards
Dennis P O'Neil APSNZ
'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'

smallcams
Senior MemberPosts: 3,297
Like?
It may not even go to trial. n/t

WoodMaven wrote:

The only folks who will hear ALL the evidence (if politicians allow it) is the jury. Why not just wait for the outcome?

Wilhelm, the WoodMaven

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 28,553Gear list
Like?

WoodMaven wrote:

Protected race is opposite of Master race? And we know who is the Master race.

WoodMaven
Like?
That makes you...
In reply to D P O'neil, Apr 21, 2012

D P O'neil wrote:

Excellent. Spoken like a true racist!

That would make you a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. Go hide, git.

Wilhelm, the WoodMaven

WoodMaven
Like?
I knew, ABSOLUTELY, that you would....
In reply to mamallama, Apr 21, 2012

mamallama wrote:

Protected race is opposite of Master race? And we know who is the Master race.

It's your job, right, to be an abysmal stupido.

Get off the same-old rollercoaster unless you feel the need to be entrenched in stupidity. I suspect the latter.

The "protected" race is the race du jur that happens to have its henchmen out politicizing - Al Sharpton, Jesse, mamallama, .... all the doofusses who want to blame the problems of the world on whitee.

You are so freaking predictable. Here we go - I know what's about to happen. You will try to justify your despicably racist point of view. But, who can trust a person who demonstrably sees all whites as the enemy? You are so transparent, I can see your decrepit kidneys. Go for it. Round #7 (or 8 or 9 - who knows).

I engage you because I pity the lower classes with their inferior brains. Honestly, why on earth do you keep doing this to yourself. Got brain?

Wilhelm, the WoodMaven

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads