NX 20 price in UK.

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
Re: NX 20 price in UK.
In reply to jj74e, Apr 27, 2012

I can hardly wait to see pics from you and this cam.

jj74e wrote:

prices will always be more expensive than what people like at the beginning, but no worries, sales are eventual

however, i honestly don't get the big deal about the pricing of the NX20. i would consider it about on par with the NEX7, but no one complained this much about the NEX7's price. sure, the NEX7 is smaller, has a slightly better EVF, slightly better sensor, some good controls, but it lacks a mode dial in exchange for its tri-navi system, lacks a fully articulated clear AMOLED screen, lacks the improved AF performance of the NX (although sony's shutterlag is still spot on), and lacks the menu intuitiveness. the NX20 is priced ~$200-300 cheaper than the NEX7 which I think is good enough

(although secretly i'm hoping it will be a bust so i can snag it for less than ~$800 )

but seriously, even among samsung users i think people still think the product is worth less than it is.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,333Gear list
Like?
In reply to snake_b, Apr 27, 2012

It is amusing me no end seeing what a polite boy you are in the Pentax forum.

snake_b wrote:

I can hardly wait to see pics from you and this cam.

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
tjobbe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,188Gear list
Like?
In reply to Greynerd, Apr 27, 2012

as FYI: Amazon UK is listing the NX20 with release date 15th May and the two other 12 June . All three are available for pre order at list price

tjobbe's gear list:tjobbe's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX30 Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +18 more
chriswall
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
In reply to RMW487, Apr 27, 2012

The Park Cameras pricing of £579 for an NX 20 with a standard zoom is very interesting. If this is where the price is heading, half that of an NEX-7, then Samsung will have a lot of trade.

tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,097Gear list
Like?
In reply to chriswall, Apr 27, 2012

that's starting to get reasonable.

I always stated this camera was worth at most 700 euros and there you can buy it for this vale. I guess it'll be around 600 euro in 3 months.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +11 more
normsmith
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,372
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Apr 27, 2012

That is much more realistic than the £800 suggestion. Hopefully this is the camera that will encourage wider uptake by the hight street stores (at least in my area).
--
my blog http://pinkfootstudio.blogspot.com
never more than 3 posts per page so you will not be overloaded with images.

ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,657Gear list
Like?
In reply to normsmith, Apr 27, 2012

normsmith wrote:

That is much more realistic than the £800 suggestion. Hopefully this is the camera that will encourage wider uptake by the hight street stores (at least in my area).

What I see as maybe a potential problem though is that last year.. Currys ( I know..) and I guess likely PC World of course.. sold off at clearance prices the last few NX10's they had in stock.. and I feel sure they just don't regard them as a good quick turnover item.. ( a lot of big stores are now dramatically reducing what stocks they hold..mostly to really quick certain turn-around items.. ) and Jacobs also had NX10's last year which they finallly sold off at good prices.. I'm not sure that such as these and maybe others, are going to stock up on NX20's if they feel that especially at the much higher prices this new one seems to be listing at... this is surely not going to make it very viewable or even known available, to very many.

Maybe one good outcome of that of course is that price will have to drop quickly , in an attempt to get a good run of sales.

This recesioin is quite definitely having a noticeable effect on many stores as none really want to keep high priced items - or less popular items.. in stock..it's just money tied up...

-- hide signature --

eric
Staffordshire, UK

Greynerd
Like?
In reply to ericN2, Apr 27, 2012

It is not encouraging that the NX10 is not even the most current model. I expect Samsung were a little less ambitious in their NX11 production. We are literally back in recession in the good ship UK and I do not think we have seen the worst of it. The longest economic slump in the UK for the last 100 years.

ericN2 wrote:

normsmith wrote:

What I see as maybe a potential problem though is that last year.. Currys ( I know..) and I guess likely PC World of course.. sold off at clearance prices the last few NX10's they had in stock.. and I feel sure they just don't regard them as a good quick turnover item.. ( a lot of big stores are now dramatically reducing what stocks they hold..mostly to really quick certain turn-around items.. ) and Jacobs also had NX10's last year which they finallly sold off at good prices.. I'm not sure that such as these and maybe others, are going to stock up on NX20's if they feel that especially at the much higher prices this new one seems to be listing at... this is surely not going to make it very viewable or even known available, to very many.

Maybe one good outcome of that of course is that price will have to drop quickly , in an attempt to get a good run of sales.

This recesioin is quite definitely having a noticeable effect on many stores as none really want to keep high priced items - or less popular items.. in stock..it's just money tied up...

-- hide signature --

eric
Staffordshire, UK

Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
Imagestreet
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to AndricD, Apr 29, 2012

Wow, thanks for the tip. I had actually ordered from Jessops at £899 (and I think it was worth it at that price). At £579 it's a steal. The NX10 with pancakes is a fantastic little camera, I've been very happy with it. NX20 has much smaller pancakes than a NEX, comparable image resolution to NEX/Olymp/Pan crowd, and great ergonomics. The NX20 (like the NX10 before it) will be my go-to camera for day to day carrying around. Can't wait (although I am slightly worried this price was a mistake perhaps for the NX210!!!).

chriswall
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
In reply to Imagestreet, Apr 29, 2012

Imagestreet wrote:

Wow, thanks for the tip. I had actually ordered from Jessops at £899 (and I think it was worth it at that price). At £579 it's a steal. The NX10 with pancakes is a fantastic little camera, I've been very happy with it. NX20 has much smaller pancakes than a NEX, comparable image resolution to NEX/Olymp/Pan crowd, and great ergonomics. The NX20 (like the NX10 before it) will be my go-to camera for day to day carrying around. Can't wait (although I am slightly worried this price was a mistake perhaps for the NX210!!!).

Yes, I am concerned that this is a misprint because it makes nonsense of all their other prices. I intend phoning them up sometime this week to check on this. If it is genuine, I may seriously put an order in. If you do get a confirmation or denial of this price, can you please post it here? Thanks.

Chris

tecnoworld
Like?

for me: a sensor that already appeared in a camera out for 7 months, that can now be bought for 400 euro (nx 200). an evf which does not seem to be the top one, even compared to cameras out for several months (nex 7). I think that everything over 700 euro is overpriced for nx 20.

Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +11 more
AndricD
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?

maybe its a misprint but hell they accepted orders, and could be special pricing they have

AndricD's gear list:AndricD's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED +3 more
AndricD
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Apr 29, 2012

little ray of misery - if your not interested why urinate on others parade?

Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED +3 more
tecnoworld
Like?

when commenting in a polite way has become "urinating"? have you got a serious problem? your post has now been reported to forum moderators.

if you think differently, you can simply write your thoughts.

somebody said that he thought the nx20 is worth more, I simply said that for me it's worth less. Where is the problem? Or you are a fanboy or a Samsung employee?

AndricD
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Apr 29, 2012

Neither - just couldn't see any point to your post than to put a damper on others - no need to care about corparates whom are pretty much as crap as each other.

tecnoworld
Like?

my point was just to express my opinion in comparison to that one from another poster that was claiming that the nx20 at more than 800 pounds was priced OK. I expressed the motivations for which I think the right price for this camera is 700 euro or less.

RMW487
Contributing MemberPosts: 907Gear list
Like?

Park cameras prices for the nx20 are genuine. To purchase at this special price you have to preorder and wait for a shipping date. Jessops did a very bref preorder on the NX 200 charging full price but as a sweetner through in the 30mm pancake.
RMW487.

RMW487's gear list:RMW487's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1 Nikon D40 Nikon D300
Greynerd
Like?
In reply to chriswall, Apr 29, 2012

If you look at clause 7.6 and 8.1 you can see that they are not in a contract with you until they deliver. They might deliver at this price but they do not guarantee this. Jacobs Digital got me on this sort of term on an order which was showing in stock where I thought I had bought a NX 50-200 but they would only deliver at a higher price than the internet order. I cancelled the order and ironically bought it from Park.

http://www.parkcameras.com/editorial/2/Terms-and-Conditions.html

I hope you get it at the price.
Please tell us what transpires if you order.

chriswall wrote:

Imagestreet wrote:

Yes, I am concerned that this is a misprint because it makes nonsense of all their other prices. I intend phoning them up sometime this week to check on this. If it is genuine, I may seriously put an order in. If you do get a confirmation or denial of this price, can you please post it here? Thanks.

Chris

AndricD
Like?
In reply to RMW487, Apr 30, 2012

certainly hope so. I preordered at that price - don't normally pre-order new products as like to see reviews but at that price seemed well worth a punt.

snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Apr 30, 2012

Looks like we have another one from Sony here slamming Samsung. Tsk tsk.

tecnoworld wrote:

for me: a sensor that already appeared in a camera out for 7 months, that can now be bought for 400 euro (nx 200). an evf which does not seem to be the top one, even compared to cameras out for several months (nex 7). I think that everything over 700 euro is overpriced for nx 20.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads