DPR images upload, takes a lot of time ... anyone ?

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
DPR images upload, takes a lot of time ... anyone ?
Apr 19, 2012

I am trying to upload some images to Dpreview Galleries, but can not, it stays forever saying preparing for upload ...

Tried with Chrome Firefox and Ie

Usually this process is fast

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
BigBarney
Senior MemberPosts: 2,722
Like?
Maintenance?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Apr 19, 2012

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

I am trying to upload some images to Dpreview Galleries, but can not, it stays forever saying preparing for upload ...

Tried with Chrome Firefox and Ie

Usually this process is fast

I suspect that dpreview may be doing some maintenance on its servers; I was seeing a lot of 'not found on this server' error messages this evening, UK and Portuguese time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: Maintenance? - Thank you BigBarney
In reply to BigBarney, Apr 19, 2012

BigBarney wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

I am trying to upload some images to Dpreview Galleries, but can not, it stays forever saying preparing for upload ...

Tried with Chrome Firefox and Ie

Usually this process is fast

I suspect that dpreview may be doing some maintenance on its servers; I was seeing a lot of 'not found on this server' error messages this evening, UK and Portuguese time.

Did not remembered that ...

Yes maybe, I have seen some error messages also, and some delay on the forum

Going to wait a few hours and see if goes normal

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR images upload, takes a lot of time ... anyone ?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Apr 20, 2012

Already waited about 6 hours and still can not upload, it stays the same on preparing the images

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,402Gear list
Like?
Re: Maintenance?
In reply to BigBarney, Apr 20, 2012

BigBarney wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

I am trying to upload some images to Dpreview Galleries, but can not, it stays forever saying preparing for upload ...

Tried with Chrome Firefox and Ie

Usually this process is fast

I suspect that dpreview may be doing some maintenance on its servers; I was seeing a lot of 'not found on this server' error messages this evening, UK and Portuguese time.

I have also been seeing such messages quite often.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
morepix
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,828Gear list
Like?
Just to give you the other side ...
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Apr 20, 2012

... of the story, I've had no problems uploading images, either today or other times (from USA): say a minute or less for 2-3 1600px images. I suppose it's an issue with local servers.
--
Latest at: http://www.pbase.com/morepix/europe_2010

 morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
frenchmonkeys
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR images upload, takes a lot of time ... anyone ?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, May 5, 2012

I'm having the same issue.

It manifests differently in different browsers, e.g. Chrome, sits on 'Preparing upload', and in IE, the upload is rapid, but then it sits on 'Processing ...'. I queued a few images, in Chrome, the first two are stuck preparing, in IE, only the first one was uploaded and then stuck.

Clearly it's working for some with close to a couple of thousand uploads so far today, but it refuses to work for me. Other online services are working perfectly for me, including FTP and HTML data transfer facilities, just DPReview site is a problem.

Any suggestions?

 frenchmonkeys's gear list:frenchmonkeys's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: Today 5th of May
In reply to frenchmonkeys, May 5, 2012

frenchmonkeys wrote:

I'm having the same issue.

It manifests differently in different browsers, e.g. Chrome, sits on 'Preparing upload', and in IE, the upload is rapid, but then it sits on 'Processing ...'. I queued a few images, in Chrome, the first two are stuck preparing, in IE, only the first one was uploaded and then stuck.

Clearly it's working for some with close to a couple of thousand uploads so far today, but it refuses to work for me. Other online services are working perfectly for me, including FTP and HTML data transfer facilities, just DPReview site is a problem.

Any suggestions?

Strange I have noticed this also today (not only on the thread time)

Today I am using Chrome, then I got tired of waiting and tried on the last Firefox, version 12, I was amazed, the upload was fine, no waiting and a fast upload as usual in normal conditions

Have not tried on IE today, and I must say I was using the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox, so for now I will use Firefox here

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads