Kodak Cameras on CLearance @ Staples

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 2,450
Like?
Kodak Cameras on CLearance @ Staples
Apr 18, 2012

I frequently shop Staples and see they have a 30% off coupon on clearance cameras going on until 4/21. I found a store that had a M577 in stock and with discount it was right at $50. Nice find for a well reviewed pocket camera with the Schneider lens.

The also have the Z990 on clearance at $199.99 and with coupon, it's $140.! An absolute must have at this price and a camera that will give you excellent IQ at all zoom length. I'm tempted at this price to get another and use it as needed.

Kodak EasyShare Z990 (EasyShare Max)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Cooljb
Regular MemberPosts: 345
Like?
Re: Kodak Cameras on CLearance @ Staples
In reply to Sactojim, Apr 19, 2012

You can't go wrong with the M577. I grabbed one from Amazon for $69 when I had a $50 amazon gift card to use and it's a great little camera - even more so for $50! It's actually got some good hardware (besides the schneider lens). The screen is 460k pixels vs. 230k on the newer replacement the M5370 - and it's capacitive touch and works pretty well. I've only played with it a little bit but it seems to take nice typical "kodak" pictures - sharp and wonderful color and white balance. Also supports IR remote control (which can be bought on amazon for $10 - I grabbed one of these too) which the newer M5370 does NOT support. For $50 it's a no-brainer... And if you're like me you can add it to your collection of soon to be extinct kodak digital cameras. In the last couple of months I've gotten an M583 ($49 walmart online deal), the M577, and most recently a practically mint condition P880. I now have quite an extensive collection accumulated over the last 7-8 years. I could open my own kodak museum!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
picturesnap
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?

Where did you get the coupon? I shouldn't even ask... I'd have to hide that one under the bed... My husband thinks I'm nuts already with my collection LOL! But that's a GREAT price!

Cooljb
Regular MemberPosts: 345
Like?
In reply to picturesnap, Apr 19, 2012

I got them because I'm on their emailing list. They came in one of those. Here is the link:

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BPjRT1B7SHGCB8h3BZCYWIMSul/coupon.html?n=3214&email=cooljb96@yahoo.com&COUPON_1=12761

picturesnap
Like?
In reply to Cooljb, Apr 19, 2012

Got the coupon, and my closest store has 3 left! Will fly after work! Thanks for the tip!

drake1992
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
In reply to Cooljb, Apr 19, 2012

Yes...Thanks! My nearest store has a z990 also.....I gonna get it!

picturesnap
Like?

Got it! Didn't REALLY need it, but am very excited! I just wish the weather would warm up, as I'm an outdoor picture fan, but hesitate to take my cameras out when it's cold or damp....

Sactojim
Like?
In reply to picturesnap, Apr 19, 2012

Good catch Picturesnap. Which cam did you get? I'm going to try out my new M577 this weekend. Happy shooting!

drake1992
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, Apr 20, 2012

Just called a local staples and they have a Z981 still...on clearance with the 30% off for less then $100! Decisions...decisions??

drake

Sactojim
Like?
In reply to drake1992, Apr 20, 2012

Drake, grab it...that camera has very good IQ from what I have read..and under a $100.?? Too good to pass in my opinion.

picturesnap
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, Apr 20, 2012

I the z990. I only got a quick peek at the manual, but it does have some features the z981 I got for my husband awhile back doesnt have. The $100 does sound right... The z981 was on clearance and rang up around $132, so tack on the coupon, and that would come up under100. The z981 takes great pics too!

If it gets out of the 40's this weekend, I'll go out and snap some too. I'll put the camera in my drybox to warm up when I come in (just a large latching top canister with desicant bags in it). I had one old camera lens condensate once, and it never recovered... Left residue on lens when it dried, so I'm paranoid with the cold weather!

Tom Arto
Contributing MemberPosts: 706Gear list
Like?
In reply to picturesnap, Apr 20, 2012

Staples? We have Staples over here but I don't think they do cameras.

Perhaps they have a sister company called 'Screws' where we can all be screwed on camera prices. One or two of these outlets could even have the desirable Warrant and then we'll be royally screwed!

Just my 2p, but then that's all I'd have left if I bought a new camera :-(.

Kris in CT
Senior MemberPosts: 1,312Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, Apr 21, 2012

I have some extra $25 off $75 at staples that would make the z990 only $115. They should stack no problem. Coupons are free no strings attached pm me if you need one. I'm one of those weird super bargain shoppers. I've already used one of the coupons on my account so I can't use another one...

Kris in CT's gear list:Kris in CT's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
Sactojim
Like?
In reply to Kris in CT, Apr 21, 2012

Kris, how does one go about using these codes when in store? I think the 30% off clearance coupon is in store only. Maybe it's possible to use the in store kiosk, enter the coupon code ($25. off) and try using the 30% off too? What do you suggest? And thanks for posting this.

Kris in CT
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, Apr 21, 2012

Normally $ off and % off coupons stack. I'm at work so I can't email a coupon. But I find my deals on slickdeals.net. If you search for staples you should find a link to print your own coupon. I just did this with a keurig b70 and k cups. Normally 205 out the door for 49....

rt22306
Senior MemberPosts: 1,795Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, Apr 28, 2012

Must vary from store to store; my local one had the 990 still at $299 last weekend (though I got one earlier for $189 I think). I did find a 5010 at Target today in a clearance area for $139, down from $199. I wish it had been an M583 but....
--
The Last of the Yashicans.

rt22306's gear list:rt22306's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K10D +6 more
Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?
In reply to rt22306, Apr 29, 2012

rt22306 wrote:

Must vary from store to store; my local one had the 990 still at $299 last weekend (though I got one earlier for $189 I think). I did find a 5010 at Target today in a clearance area for $139, down from $199. I wish it had been an M583 but....

You can't trust some of the employees to know what the prices are. When I checked a local Staples about a week ago the Z990 had a $299 sign and the M577 had a $140 sign. I mentioned the prices talked about in this thread so the guy went to get the prices from another guy that had access to where the cameras were stored. He came back and said that the Z990 was actually $199 (same as reported here) but the $140 for the M577 was correct. I passed on both but returned two days later to get something else. I saw another guy at the camera display and asked about the M577 which was no longer on display. He said "Yeah, we sold the last one for $80 a little earlier today". He said that they also sold all of the Z990s earlier that day but I pointed out that there was still one left in the display, so when he said that I could get another 5% off, I caved. The total price with that 5% and the 30% coupon was about $133. I'd rather have gotten the M577 for whatever was mentioned here (something like $50, plus or minus?), but I'm not complaining.

Kris in CT
Like?
In reply to Billx08, Apr 29, 2012

This happens alot at staples. The z990 was gone today at my staples too. If I see a deal online I always ask the price... fwiw, If a staples price ends in .50 it is a national clearance price. If it ends with .90 it can be regional and possibly go back up. Staples is my favorite bargain store around. Today I picked up a Canon SX130 IS for a total of thirty five bucks with coupons and a rebate...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads