D5100 self-timer and multiple shots

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions
StrokerAce23
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
D5100 self-timer and multiple shots
Apr 16, 2012

With the D5100 when you combine the self timer with auto bracketing or just a set of continuous shots it counts down the timer internval, takes the shot, and then counts down the interval before the next shot. Example with a 2s timer for 3 shots:

Shutter press, 2s interval, shot, 2s interval, shot, 2s interval, shot

I'm used to cameras counting down the internval once and then taking the programmed number of shots as a burst like so:

Shutter press, 2s interval, shot, shot, shot

Is there a way to configure the D5100 so that it doesn't reset the timer interval between images?

This is useful for group shots and HDR and doing it in camera works for both (just a longer timer for group shots). I'm hoping to figure it out so I can avoid needing a remote and a cable release to deal with each of those situations seperately.

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RobertLaw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,016
Like?
Re: D5100 self-timer and multiple shots
In reply to StrokerAce23, Apr 16, 2012

I don't have a D5100, but on the D90 it is in menu C3. Looking over the D5100 user manual, I can't tell if it as a 'C' category.
--
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
-- Max Ehrmann

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
StrokerAce23
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
In reply to RobertLaw, Apr 16, 2012

I have a copy of the reference manual handy at all times and you are correct that the time delay and number of shots are selected in C3.

That appears to be the only two things you can change. It seems like a setting to keep the timer from resetting would be in that vicinity if there were one.

RobertLaw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,016
Like?
In reply to StrokerAce23, Apr 16, 2012

I'm not sure, but I believe that the number of shots stays the same until you reset them.
--
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
-- Max Ehrmann

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads