Selling off the NX200

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions
Tech Talk Tony
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Selling off the NX200
Apr 14, 2012

On Thursday I decided that I would be selling the NX200 because I am not planning on putting more $$ into it to get more out of the camera by use of one of the better Samsung lenses. The kit lens is okay but way too slow for anything but the brightest available lighting conditions.

Too bad that they don't sell a kit with a pancake.

Less than 50 images on it! I am going to see what becomes available as far as kits when the NX20 rolls out.

-- hide signature --

Tony

Samsung NX20 Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Todd3608
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?
Re: Selling off the NX200
In reply to Tech Talk Tony, Apr 14, 2012

I doubt any of the new ones will come with a prime lens as the kit lens but I guess it's possible. You will probably have to purchase one separately.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
In reply to Tech Talk Tony, Apr 14, 2012

You're selling the whole camera set because of the kit lens, not the camera?

How much would you be selling it for?

Taffy
Taffy MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,418
Like?
Re: Selling off the NX200> What a ridiculous statement to make.
In reply to Tech Talk Tony, Apr 15, 2012

Why on earth would anyone, buy into a camera SYSTEM, (this is ANY camera, from ANY manufacturer, that has a removable lens system), then complain about it, actually having a changable lens, lol, because it doesn't have the lens that he wants. When one buys into a camera system, one purchases the best camera, for their individual needs, and gets the lenses that they want, for the purpose that they need. Don't spit the dummy, and throw a tantrum, just go and get the lens that YOU, need. I have bought individual primes for my Sammy GX10 DSLR, since I bought it, which I did as a two lens kit. The kit lenses, are good, (as far as kit lenses go), but I knew, whne I bought it that I was buying into a system, and not just a camera. The cameras are updated every few years, but the lenses will always be there.
--
Have a good day.
Regards Allan

tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,099Gear list
Like?

if you are in europe I could be interested, if the price is right!

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +11 more
Ariston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?

I don't mind you selling off your equipment, but your logic seems "illogical" as far as bundled kitlens goes. anyway, did you state that you are going to replace your NX camera with a NEX camera?

Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,339Gear list
Like?
In reply to Taffy, Apr 15, 2012

I did not get the impression he was throwing a tantrum. He is just saying he is going to switch out of the system on the basis of how it stands at the moment. NX does need an affordable fast medium telephoto fast prime. The 85mm is out of reach to many people and when you read this forum many people are making do with the 30mm as a portrait lens and hanging on for the 55mm which is not an ideal situation.

I must say I am tempted to switch to m43 for the zuiko 45mm f1.8. I do not see any obligation or necessity to stay with NX. I am not a fan of manual focus so if NX do not produce lenses that I can afford I will switch to something else without any worry.

Taffy wrote:

Why on earth would anyone, buy into a camera SYSTEM, (this is ANY camera, from ANY manufacturer, that has a removable lens system), then complain about it, actually having a changable lens, lol, because it doesn't have the lens that he wants. When one buys into a camera system, one purchases the best camera, for their individual needs, and gets the lenses that they want, for the purpose that they need. Don't spit the dummy, and throw a tantrum, just go and get the lens that YOU, need. I have bought individual primes for my Sammy GX10 DSLR, since I bought it, which I did as a two lens kit. The kit lenses, are good, (as far as kit lenses go), but I knew, whne I bought it that I was buying into a system, and not just a camera. The cameras are updated every few years, but the lenses will always be there.
--
Have a good day.
Regards Allan

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
In reply to Ariston, Apr 15, 2012

The OP clearly and reasonably stated why they want to sell it, but of course, it's deemed "illogical"? Come on.

Ariston wrote:

I don't mind you selling off your equipment, but your logic seems "illogical" as far as bundled kitlens goes. anyway, did you state that you are going to replace your NX camera with a NEX camera?

viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,076Gear list
Like?
In reply to snake_b, Apr 15, 2012

snake_b wrote:

The OP clearly and reasonably stated why they want to sell it, but of course, it's deemed "illogical"? Come on.

The illogical part is it sounded like the OP was selling because the kit didn't come with a pancake lens. The logical solution would be to buy a pancake. However, I have a feeling the OP meant something else by their post, but it might not have come across correctly.

Eric
--
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +6 more
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?

I think he was hoping for a body-only or different bundled lens to save money without having to worry about selling off the 18-55.

Also, he didn't say he was switching out systems- he said he was going to wait and see what the NX20 provides

To (Greynard I think) whoever mentioned M4/3, I agree- the lens options are becoming very compelling, and I'm finding myself in the same predicament of needing a cheap, semi-telephoto prime. The 60mm seems good for double duty work, but it's still a little out of my budget. Perhaps I could jump on the 85mm Rokinon lens for sale on bhphoto, although learning to use manual focus the types of things I want to shoot might prove difficult. 55mm is still a bit short IMO; I hope they release a compact, Pentax-style prime/pancake in the 70s' range.

Ariston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?

snake_b wrote:

Ariston wrote:

his statement was clear for me and I clearly understood it. but is it clear for you? this is in light of his desire to get an NEX after all the reasons he had to say conflicts that of the very idea of buying a camera + (kit) lens combo goes. you still haven't learned how to comprehend after your confusion with 14 bit data compression as a Samsung conspiracy. maybe English isn't your native language or strongest point, but it's surprising how well constructed your sentences are, yet you failed to get the idea. although not everyone is perfect, it would be nice if you should practice and learn correctly so that people would stop thinking that your fingers are faster than your brain.

jeffsvisions
Senior MemberPosts: 1,095Gear list
Like?
In reply to Greynerd, Apr 15, 2012

+1
--
The best picture is the one you take.
Jeff

jeffsvisions's gear list:jeffsvisions's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1
snake_b
Like?
In reply to jeffsvisions, Apr 15, 2012

Typical mob mentality on this forum.

Troutguy
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?

I dont blame you, get rid of it.

NX200 is a girlie cam. Too small to hold on to properly, huge raw files, slow to write.

NX20 will be awesome. Cant wait.

Todd3608
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?
In reply to Troutguy, Apr 15, 2012

Knowing Samsung, the price will not be awesome though.

Troutguy wrote:

NX200 is a girlie cam. Too small to hold on to properly, huge raw files, slow to write.

snake_b
Like?
In reply to Todd3608, Apr 16, 2012

It will be after 4-6 months, which is when they start blowing them out for about 60% the price or less.

Todd3608 wrote:

Troutguy wrote:

brianj
Forum ProPosts: 12,939Gear list
Like?
In reply to snake_b, Apr 16, 2012

Your really on a roll now, see how many threads you can kill with your negative hatred for samsung, someone must be paying you a heap.

Brian

snake_b wrote:

It will be after 4-6 months, which is when they start blowing them out for about 60% the price or less.

Todd3608 wrote:

Troutguy wrote:

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
snake_b
Like?
In reply to brianj, Apr 16, 2012

Brian,

Can you please stop going from thread to thread just to flame me?

There's always the PM feature if you need to get anything off your chest.

brianj wrote:

Your really on a roll now, see how many threads you can kill with your negative hatred for samsung, someone must be paying you a heap.

Brian

snake_b wrote:

Todd3608 wrote:

Troutguy wrote:

brianj
Forum ProPosts: 12,939Gear list
Like?
In reply to snake_b, Apr 16, 2012

I agree if you do the same.

Brian

snake_b wrote:
Brian,

brianj wrote:

Brian

snake_b wrote:

Todd3608 wrote:

Troutguy wrote:

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
snake_b
Like?
In reply to brianj, Apr 16, 2012

I have not flamed you, so I guess you will continue. Oh well. No skin off my back. In other words, learn to grow up and stop derailing threads.

brianj wrote:
I agree if you do the same.

Brian

snake_b wrote:
Brian,

brianj wrote:

Brian

snake_b wrote:

Todd3608 wrote:

Troutguy wrote:

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads