B&H Just Shipped my 800E - Here they come.

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions
Bulldog50
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: B&H Just Shipped my 800E - Here they come.
In reply to Event_shooter, Apr 15, 2012

D800 and D4 Deliveries - This Just In from my dealer. I have removed his name and company name for privacy reasons and to avoid getting flamed. This is just an FYI as we are all going a little crazy waiting for these beasts. This is extrmemly reliable info!

Hello,

Thanks for your patience & understanding, with respect to deliveries of the new Nikon D800 & D4 cameras. I have not announced any news about the cameras in over a week, because I really had nothing new to report. I now a little more information – so I wanted to share it with you ASAP.

A couple of weeks ago, after discussions with Nikon about new camera deliveries, I was optimistic about allocations & deliveries of the new Nikon D800 & D4 cameras. I truly thought that we would have been able to deliver many more cameras by April 15th. Since the handful of camera deliveries in March, many photographers are still waiting and have become frustrated & impatient. I feel your pain. And, while new D800 & D4 cameras have not been delivered to any Nikon dealers since April 1st – they are on the way. And, I still maintain that will provide your best chance to get a D800 or D4 quickly from an authorized source. Here’s what I know:

Last week, Nikon shipped a few NPS priority shipments of D800 & D4 cameras. Yes, there are still NPS members who have not received their cameras yet – which truly means that supplies are limited! All Nikon dealers are obligated to provide those cameras to the NPS members designated by Nikon USA. In addition, a few – and I mean a few – cameras will be shipped to dealers across the USA on Monday. These are very small allocations of D800 & D4 cameras – and nothing to get excited about - but the flow has started. I am now told that we should expect a larger allocation sometime next week for D800 cameras, and possibly for more D4 cameras.

At this stage of the game, every single photographer feels like they have waited long enough (and then some). Everyone has their money ready, and they want a camera - NOW! I know this because, I personally field about 20 telephone call daily to this affect. Please understand that NO new cameras have been delivered to any Nikon dealers in the USA in the last 2 weeks. The lack of cameras is not a issue – it is a Nikon issue. But, the next 2 weeks will be a different story – at least, that’s what I am told. We hope to deliver many D800 & D4 cameras to our customers soon!

has relatively small & manageable waiting lists, and we will receive a favorable allocation of cameras (many more than most dealers) as they become available. We will offer the allocated cameras to our customers on the lists in chronological order. This is the only fair way to deliver cameras, and we hope that everyone understands our process. I have attached the waiting list FAQ’s for those photographers relatively new to our waiting lists. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about D800 & D4 cameras – and I will gladly help in any way possible and perhaps shed some light on the allocation & delivery process that cannot be communicated via email. I will also send additional emails to you, as soon as more information on deliveries becomes available.

Once again, thanks for your trust in . We want to do whatever possible to get you the product that you want & need quickly – and we appreciate your understanding & patience as we await deliveries of the new Nikon cameras.

Thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
iwannabesedated
Contributing MemberPosts: 804
Like?
In reply to Robin Casady, Apr 15, 2012

Robin Casady wrote:

They re-open tomorrow (Sunday the 15th).

Actually, their website reopens in about 30 minutes - April 14, 2012, 9:00 EDT. -iwbs

reginalddwight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,003Gear list
Like?
Letter of reassurance
In reply to Bulldog50, Apr 15, 2012

Thank you for sharing the letter. Hope you get your camera soon.

Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 10,822
Like?
In reply to iwannabesedated, Apr 15, 2012

iwannabesedated wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

Actually, their website reopens in about 30 minutes - April 14, 2012, 9:00 EDT. -iwbs

But they were not open when the OP received his email.
--
Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html

iwannabesedated
Like?

Robin Casady wrote:

iwannabesedated wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

Yeah, who knows for sure. I have no reason to believe that the OP is fibbing about receiving a shipping notice from B&H. Maybe they queued up the notices for Saturday auto-delivery before they ducked out for Passover. In any case, why stress about it? -iwbs

Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,706Gear list
Like?
Event-Shooter, I believe you :)

Event-Shooter, I believe you

Regardless if it is NPS ... the ship email is from B&H.
And I also got one early this week from B&H.

Arrived on my door in two days from the ship date (counting the ship day) , not always the case. Even with next day air.

I did notice that I had paid for 2nd day Air , but Nikon shipped Next Day Air to Hawaii. Nice!

And it is GOOD info that the D800e is shipping.

A friend has ordered the D800e (I did not, still on the fence with this) ... so I guess, I might get to play with one soon ...

HG

Event_shooter wrote:

They gave me a tracking number

Item Qty Item Description
NID800E 1 D-800E DIGITAL SLR BODY ONLY

There are two options available to track your orders with B&H.

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,397Gear list
Like?
Very interesting - Thank you for posting this info (n/t)
In reply to Bulldog50, Apr 15, 2012
-- hide signature --

Thierry

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Robin Casady
Like?
In reply to iwannabesedated, Apr 15, 2012

iwannabesedated wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

iwannabesedated wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

Yeah, who knows for sure. I have no reason to believe that the OP is fibbing about receiving a shipping notice from B&H. Maybe they queued up the notices for Saturday auto-delivery before they ducked out for Passover. In any case, why stress about it? -iwbs

I wasn't meaning to imply that he was lying. I was trying to explain why people were skeptical.
--
Robin Casady

iwannabesedated
Like?

Robin Casady wrote:

I wasn't meaning to imply that he was lying. I was trying to explain why people were skeptical.

Sorry, my mistake. But that was the distinct vibe I was getting from your earlier words:

Also, it seems very odd that B&H would send out such emails during religious holidays when they wont even allow an automated web site to accept orders. They re-open tomorrow (Sunday the 15th). Why did someone come in on Saturday, or during Passover to send a commercial email when they could have done it on Sunday?. Seems like it would be a violation of their religious beliefs. Add to that the number of troll posts this forum gets, and it should be clear why people wanted clarification.

In any event, misunderstanding all cleared up. Thanks. -iwbs

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Lucky devil

I hope it is great, and I hope you will tell us all about it when you get time. It is good to hear they are actually shipping. I know all the NPS orders must be filled, and I have people ahead of me other than NPS. But it will come.
Good luck with the camera.

peteygas
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Re: Lucky devil
In reply to BackInTheGame, Apr 15, 2012

Hey event_shooter Don't feel bad for trying to keep people informed

I thought all the moron's and naysayers were over at the canon forum , but I guess it's universal

A couple of weeks ago i posted an email from my dealer stating that the canon 5d marks 3 was in and he would be shipping to me .I got all kinds of crap calling me a lier etc . One jerk even looked up my past sales , and found out I had sold some

canon Lenses , and doubted that I was still a Canon shooter .Anyway I said Sayonora to the group , and was just looking over here to see what was going on . As I said then . I will spend my time where photograhers want information not looking for a fight

peteygas's gear list:peteygas's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
MattiusGB
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?

Looking forward to hearing about your impressions and sample photos!

Jan from UK
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Congrats From A Canon Shooter!
In reply to Event_shooter, Apr 16, 2012

~ What great news! I'm excited for you. I really am. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the D800E original files are like, but I'm certain they will be sensational. I have a 5D Mk3 which I love, but this will NOT stop me from getting this great (but Pug ugly) camera! It is so so important that Nikon is a strong direct competitor to Canon, in this way, we all benefit from the competition. Their products can only get better and WE ALL win.. Good luck and happy shooting!
--
Jan F

Jan from UK's gear list:Jan from UK's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Oscarroos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,914Gear list
Like?
Re: Congrats From A Canon Shooter!
In reply to Jan from UK, Apr 16, 2012

Nicely stated Jan. Will you please run for congress?

Jan from UK wrote:

~ What great news! I'm excited for you. I really am. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the D800E original files are like, but I'm certain they will be sensational. I have a 5D Mk3 which I love, but this will NOT stop me from getting this great (but Pug ugly) camera! It is so so important that Nikon is a strong direct competitor to Canon, in this way, we all benefit from the competition. Their products can only get better and WE ALL win.. Good luck and happy shooting!
--
Jan F

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
kanefsky
Senior MemberPosts: 1,089
Like?
In reply to Robin Casady, Apr 16, 2012

Robin Casady wrote:

My guess is that when you order a drop-shipped item from B&H, they have an API or web interface where the shipper can mark the item as shipped, and this will update B&H's system and cause a shipping email to be generated to the customer without any human involvement at B&H. Most likely this API was not shut down for Passover, either because it's kosher from B&H's point of view or because of an oversight.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Robin Casady
Like?
In reply to kanefsky, Apr 16, 2012

kanefsky wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

My guess is that when you order a drop-shipped item from B&H, they have an API or web interface where the shipper can mark the item as shipped, and this will update B&H's system and cause a shipping email to be generated to the customer without any human involvement at B&H. Most likely this API was not shut down for Passover, either because it's kosher from B&H's point of view or because of an oversight.

That makes sense. Thanks.
--
Robin Casady

tabloid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,632
Like?
Re: Congrats From A Canon Shooter!
In reply to Oscarroos, Apr 16, 2012

Could not agree with u more.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
I'm excited

Just talked to my dealer, and I am expecting good news. A few more people dropped out, so I am high enough to get in on the first shipment. Of course there are no guarantees, but it looks promising. I so want to photograph nesting birds at a nearby sanctuary, one where people are only allowed to come to the boundary of water surrounding the island. In past years I've used D300 and D7000, with occasional D700 photos thrown in. But I would like to capture the detail with the D800e. I will live I suppose if I have to wait until next year, but it would be nice to have. Excited, but trying to keep a cap on expectations.

badmoose
Contributing MemberPosts: 519
Like?
Re: More proof

Event_shooter wrote:

What next you guys need a thumb print, birth certificate , lemme know so I can stop all the conspiracy theories. .

Here's the E-mail

WOW! Thanks for the proof! This is really, really exciting.

Please post pics of the UPS box man in his ugly brown shorts, the UPS box by itself, the D800E box before and after it's opened, the unwrapping of the camera itself, insertion of battery and CF/SD card, and the obligatory cat. This is just so incredible. You really are Queen for a day. I'm speechless. Just Wow! The DPR forums are just the best place to be these days. GROUP HUG! and BINGO!

badmoose
Contributing MemberPosts: 519
Like?
In reply to marike6, Apr 16, 2012

It's just you being snarky by suggesting he's being snarky.

Quit being snarky over snarky.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads