your thoughts on p300???

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions
srkmish
Regular MemberPosts: 106
Like?
your thoughts on p300???
Apr 14, 2012

I was thinking of lx5 having it gotten great reviews. However , my budget doesnt permit me to. I was thinking of p300 as an alternative . I mainly take landscape and occasionally portrait photos. Will this camera serve my purpose or do you suggest any other camera in this price range???

Nikon Coolpix P300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Footski
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302Gear list
Like?
Re: your thoughts on p300???
In reply to srkmish, Apr 14, 2012

There has been quite a bit written on this subject. You either love or hate the P300. Personally I love it. I bought it to supplement my DSLR and find I take it everywhere with me. For landscapes it is great as it has two different ways of doing panoramas and the fast f1.8 lens make it great for portraits and low light shooting.

Whilst to the purists it fails as it does not shoot RAW, don't let this worry you. For the money you will be hard pressed to find a better camera and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Footski's gear list:Footski's gear list
Leica V-Lux 4 Nikon D7000 Fujifilm MX-700 Fujifilm FinePix F601 Zoom Samsung NV10 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,076Gear list
Like?
Re: your thoughts on p300???
In reply to Footski, Apr 15, 2012

P310 have some more image parameters to play with unlike the P300 and also NR low available. At least Nikon addressed some of the shortcomings of the P300.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads