Starting to regret...

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions
Stilograph
Regular MemberPosts: 273
Like?
Starting to regret...
Apr 13, 2012

...selling my X100.

I was flicking through some old shots when this came along. I know it's super saturated, the amount of PP could actually be toned down so that the grass would have a lighter tone. But still. That little cameras metering was just superb.

You know. I think I'll start browsing ebay to get a good deal.

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Northgrove
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: Starting to regret...
In reply to Stilograph, Apr 13, 2012

Yes, I really like it also for its unusually high dynamic range with the DR modes. For the days when even a good exposure by itself will be almost, but not quite enough. I've longed to see more attention to this from camera manufacturers. Such a feature also in an APS-C compact camera is a rather unique deal.

But what I like most with it may just be the tack sharp photos often with good color tones... from the JPG's.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Stilograph
Like?
In reply to Northgrove, Apr 13, 2012

Northgrove wrote:

Yes, I really like it also for its unusually high dynamic range with the DR modes. For the days when even a good exposure by itself will be almost, but not quite enough. I've longed to see more attention to this from camera manufacturers. Such a feature also in an APS-C compact camera is a rather unique deal.

But what I like most with it may just be the tack sharp photos often with good color tones... from the JPG's.

I agree with the jpg:s. I never shot RAW with the camera. I set it to Velvia, fiddled a little with the contrasts and that was it. Some of my favorite wedding shots are done with this little beast, straight to jpg, and minimal post processing.

Shame I got the SAB-problem back then. Fuji fixed it twice, and after the second run I gave up using it to any paid work. I also felt that it was too expensive to keep just for fun, so I sold it and took the 85mm f1.4 Sigma to my Canon.

But I miss it, so gotta save up and get it again. Maybe this time, just for fun.

Stilograph
Like?

Just to make my point. Super mixed light, difficult circumstances, didn't think it would be any good. If I remember correctly, no post processing whatsoever. And shot on JPG.

mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,499
Like?

I plan on keeping my X100 for a long time. Best jpgs straight out of camera I've ever seen. I rarely touch my RAW files. Mainly if I'm wanting a color version of an image I shot in BW. After the latest firmware it's become practically everything I wished it was when I first purchased it.

chopsteeks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212
Like?

As I decided to bypass the X-PRO1, I am seriously considering X100. Stopped by my local camera store to pick up some darkroom supplies, glad they had Fuji X100 in stock.

Next weekend, he will let me demo one out for the weekend.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads