X-Pro1 goes to the Leica store

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions
Michael Everett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,668
Like?
Re: X-Pro1 goes to the Leica store
In reply to Daedalus2000, May 13, 2012

Daedalus2000 wrote:

You call someone a member of ku klax klan because they noticed a spelling error in your msg? You may want to ask for some help with your anger management issues.

justfine wrote:

I am very sorry if I spell fail , but english is not my mother native language ,but I am certainly spell and speak better sweedish ,spanish,portuguese,and french than you.keep your mouth shut before you judge people. keep smiling. you must be a sort of KU KLAX KLAN.

Will everyone lay off the grammar and spelling issues. These forums are full of errors, caused by non-native speakers, typing too fast, not proofing what you read, maybe just plane (sic) ignorance, and who knows what other reason. If you are bothered by this, don't read blogs period; you can't get away from it. Please just ignore and don't clog up the blogs with this silliness.

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 3,876
Like?
In reply to Michael Everett, May 13, 2012

I am not sure if you are replying to me, but if you are you missed my point. My point was about extreme reaction and attitude, not spelling mistakes. I think it is important to keep the discussions civilised, I am sure you agree on that.

D

Michael Everett wrote:

Daedalus2000 wrote:

You call someone a member of ku klax klan because they noticed a spelling error in your msg? You may want to ask for some help with your anger management issues.

justfine wrote:

I am very sorry if I spell fail , but english is not my mother native language ,but I am certainly spell and speak better sweedish ,spanish,portuguese,and french than you.keep your mouth shut before you judge people. keep smiling. you must be a sort of KU KLAX KLAN.

Will everyone lay off the grammar and spelling issues. These forums are full of errors, caused by non-native speakers, typing too fast, not proofing what you read, maybe just plane (sic) ignorance, and who knows what other reason. If you are bothered by this, don't read blogs period; you can't get away from it. Please just ignore and don't clog up the blogs with this silliness.

Michael

Rob13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
In reply to since1968, May 13, 2012

since1968 wrote:

Irakly Shanidze wrote:

This lens seems a bit too contrasty for your camera. It is especially evident on indoors shots. Maybe tweaking with camera settings, or creating a default developing settings for LR4 will do the trick, but the way it is I would not be happy with the results.

Yep, good call.

The X-Pro1 has several film simulation settings; these shots were taken with "Provia," which is the default. After shooting for a couple weeks with the X-Pro1+50mm Summilux I've learned to change the setting to "Astia," or soft, which generates much more subtle images.

Thanks for the feedback.
--
Marc A. Garrett
http://flickr.com/photos/since1968/

He wasn't referring to changing the film simulation settings. The 50 Lux should render an image with less contrast. Many of the Leica lenses exhibit less contrast than the comparable Zeiss or CV lenses at similar focal lengths.

With heavy contrast lenses you tend to lose some detail in the shadows.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Rob
------------------------------------
M9 X-Pro1 E-M5 X100 DP2

Rob13's gear list:Rob13's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Samsung Galaxy S4 Sony Xperia ZR
Joe Pineapples
Senior MemberPosts: 1,918Gear list
Like?
Interesting color shift...
In reply to since1968, May 15, 2012

Is it this cheap monitor or is there is a color shift in the last photo associated with the part of the suit jacket that is in focus? Could it possibly be some residual aliasing artifact of the Fuji "dithered" CFA and associated de-mosaicing?

Joe

Joe Pineapples's gear list:Joe Pineapples's gear list
Ricoh GR
since1968
Contributing MemberPosts: 551Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting color shift...
In reply to Joe Pineapples, May 15, 2012

Joe Pineapples wrote:

Is it this cheap monitor or is there is a color shift in the last photo associated with the part of the suit jacket that is in focus?

Hi Joe,

It's not your monitor -- there is a funky purple color shift in that photo. I took two pictures of the jacket in quick succession and it shows up in both.

-- hide signature --
 since1968's gear list:since1968's gear list
Sony RX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +2 more
Teera
Contributing MemberPosts: 616
Like?
This one was taken with an old Summicron on the ad-Pro 1
In reply to since1968, May 20, 2012

A happy gardener and his wife.

Teera
Contributing MemberPosts: 616
Like?
Sorry, I mean X-Pro 1, NT