What a joke!

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions
CG33
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
What a joke!
Apr 8, 2012

Sorry guys, but I will stop submitting pictures to dpr challenges until dpr take care of their own fraudulent game, some hosts stop being so irresponsible and most of the voters so ignorant.

In the challenge "Spring in the rule of thirds and chat" the only participants that deserved a place where: "Skipper butterfly" who won 7th and 12th places, "Landscape ver2(2)" or "rule of thirds" who won 9th and 27th, "Street flower" who won 13th and 17th, and "Nenuphar" who won 15th and 35th,. "Second version spring arrived", "Flower ver 2", and "second version spring's flower" removed their original pictures -when the rules and advise from the host stated that the original should not be removed. I do not know what should be done with those three, but the rest: DSC_0405a, Dragonfly, Blossom, Rose, DSC09550, Spring wake-up, first yellow flower, P3270767, 20120328-IMG_4933, DSCF2549, Rose!, Flower 4, spring poppin', spring kiss, spring enters the studio, Spring has arrived, IMG_4057, On the Butterfly wings, DSC04305, white, Building a Home, Swallow tail, What a nice quiet spring day for a butterfly, Start of spring, Color your life, spring, caught by surprise and Tratnica did not follow the rule and should be disqualified, period.
What a joke!

cfh25
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?
Re: What a joke!
In reply to CG33, Apr 8, 2012

Given the complexity of the rules, and noting that English is not the first language of some DPR contestants, I'm not surprised that there have been different interpretations.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?

CG33 wrote:

Sorry guys, but I will stop submitting pictures to dpr challenges until dpr take care of their own fraudulent game, some hosts stop being so irresponsible and most of the voters so ignorant.

In the challenge "Spring in the rule of thirds and chat" the only participants that deserved a place where: "Skipper butterfly" who won 7th and 12th places, "Landscape ver2(2)" or "rule of thirds" who won 9th and 27th,

Nope, should have been DQed, didn't meet this rule ENTRANTS MUST HAVE > 25 POST/COMMENTS!

"Street flower" who won 13th and 17th, and "Nenuphar" who won 15th and 35th,. "Second version spring arrived", "Flower ver 2", and "second version spring's flower" removed their original pictures -when the rules and advise from the host stated that the original should not be removed. I do not know what should be done with those three, but the rest: DSC_0405a, Dragonfly, Blossom, Rose, DSC09550, Spring wake-up, first yellow flower, P3270767, 20120328-IMG_4933, DSCF2549, Rose!, Flower 4, spring poppin', spring kiss, spring enters the studio, Spring has arrived, IMG_4057, On the Butterfly wings, DSC04305, white, Building a Home, Swallow tail, What a nice quiet spring day for a butterfly, Start of spring, Color your life, spring, caught by surprise and Tratnica did not follow the rule and should be disqualified, period.
What a joke!

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
CG33
Like?
In reply to RaptorUK, Apr 8, 2012

If somebody does not understand the rules (it doesn't matter if he/she speaks Japanese, Sanskrit, or English) should NOT participate. If somebody des NOT know the rules should NOT vote.

I am not criticizing the language barriers or the technical skills or the experience, I am criticizing the dishonesty of some participants and voters that use any EXCUSE to show his/her spiteful and/or rude intentions.

But, the fault is not exclusively of the participants and voters, the Hosts are (so far) as distasteful and irresponsible as them.
RaptorUK, good observation.

barb_s
Contributing MemberPosts: 599Gear list
Like?

As co-host , I can't DQ. That's the odd part of co-hosting, but I have sent a note to the host on it as well. In past chat challenges he's been very involved so I'm concerned more about him than this challenge falling thru the cracks... although I'm sorry it hasn't processed without feedback, and I can't help further as co-host.
--
Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
CG33
Like?
In reply to barb_s, Apr 8, 2012

Barbara, thanks again for your response and comment. At least I am aware of that. You were paying attention to the challenge, including complaints, and told me from the beginning that you were just assisting the host but could not disqualify any entry.
You are not the one to blame for this mess.

cfh25
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?

From the comments below the challenge it seems that the people complaining couldn't read/understand the rules. There was no necessity to enter a second photo - the rules state "can" - which implies a choice.

Given the inability of even simple instructions to be followed in challenges, for example, colour photos in recent black & white challenges, hosts who set up these more complex ones must do so expecting problems.

Also limiting challenges to a potential of only 20 on an international website seems very restrictive.

CG33
Like?
In reply to cfh25, Apr 8, 2012

cfh25, I have to admit that you are right on that. No more comments from my side.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads