Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!

Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions
ChrisDM
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,095
Like?
Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
Apr 4, 2012

Hey guys, I'm about to place my pre-order for my OM-D and am so torn over which color to get. My primary lens is going to be the Panny 20, does anybody have this combo mounted already, and if so could you PLEASE post a photo or link of the rig, in either color finish? Finally to clarify, I'm not looking for photos taken WITH this setup, I want photos OF this setup...Thank you thank you!!!
--
Chris
http://www.imagineimagery.com

rare wolf
Contributing MemberPosts: 885
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MadsR
Senior MemberPosts: 2,235Gear list
Like?
The 20mm is ugly :)
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012

It does not really look good on any camera... Perhaps with the exception of the GF1 which shares the same brown-ish black finish...

 MadsR's gear list:MadsR's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marc
Regular MemberPosts: 231Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012

I've been struggling with the same question. After seeing a picture of the silver body with the 20mm I decided that it would look less bad with the black body.

 Marc's gear list:Marc's gear list
Canon PowerShot S30 Canon EOS D30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 28-105mm f/4.0-5.6 USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ebbesen
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012

CharlesTokyo posted this a few days back (along with a few more):

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41078681

 ebbesen's gear list:ebbesen's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lowincash
Contributing MemberPosts: 707
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012

Here's a couple pics I found on flickr of the 20mm on a black OM-D. I saw a pic of it on a silver camera a while back but can't find it. It didn't look that good at all on the silver but not too bad on the black.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21122418@N07/6956750671/sizes/l/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21122418@N07/6810640530/sizes/l/in/photostream/

-- hide signature --

I only shoot JPEG =]

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ChrisDM
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,095
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to lowincash, Apr 4, 2012

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going to go black... It is a shame b/c I would eventually like to get the Oly silver primes & I think they look GREAT on the silver body. But I'm pretty sure I'll shoot with the 20 most often, and I agree that it simply looks "less ugly" on the black body. It is a real shame there isn't an Olympus lens similar to the Panasonic 20 1.7... I would kill for an Oly 18 1.4 for example.
--
Chris
http://www.imagineimagery.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nocturnal Adventures
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012

Seriously?

Some people don't seem to get that cameras are not jewelery.

It's about the picture that comes out of it.

Just sayin'.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ChrisDM
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,095
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to Nocturnal Adventures, Apr 4, 2012

Some people don't get the concept of "to each his own."... Some people don't get that other people enjoy the look of their tools.

Just sayin'.

Nocturnal Adventures wrote:

Seriously?

Some people don't seem to get that cameras are not jewelery.

It's about the picture that comes out of it.

Just sayin'.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
don_van_vliet
Contributing MemberPosts: 618
Like?
See it with all lenses here:
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ChrisDM
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,095
Like?
Re: See it with all lenses here:
In reply to don_van_vliet, Apr 4, 2012

Oh man what a great tool! Wish the image was larger though, not much bigger than a thumbnail... But even so it has me thinking of changing my order to silver. I think the 20 may look nice of the silver seeing it here. Thanks for the link.

don_van_vliet wrote:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/special/matching.html

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nocturnal Adventures
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012

ChrisDM wrote:

Some people don't get the concept of "to each his own."

Oh, I get the concept just fine. It just doesn't make much sense to consider a camera as a "fashion accessory".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
olddigiman1
Regular MemberPosts: 245
Like?
It IS important
In reply to Nocturnal Adventures, Apr 4, 2012

Plus it's well known that a mismatch between camera body color and lens body color can induce color fringing in images because of the color harmonics imbalance it induces. You can generally only see if it you print 13 x 19 or larger, so it's not a concern for most people.
--
ODM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ChrisDM
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,095
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to Nocturnal Adventures, Apr 4, 2012

Um no, you don't get it. The fact that you're posting in this thread, on a topic you apparently see as pointless, simply proves that. Moving on.

Nocturnal Adventures wrote:

ChrisDM wrote:

Some people don't get the concept of "to each his own."

Oh, I get the concept just fine. It just doesn't make much sense to consider a camera as a "fashion accessory".

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nocturnal Adventures
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to ChrisDM, Apr 4, 2012

Ummm. OK. What I don't get is that you won't buy a lens, regardless of how 'good' it might be, because it doesn't match your wardrobe? It's a vanity thing? Seriously, that just seems a little odd.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,598
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to Nocturnal Adventures, Apr 4, 2012

Nothing is so simple. Would you buy a used camera that was hideously scratched and dented for the same price as a mint one if they both took the same photos? If all the scratches are just cosmetic, why would it have anything to do with cost if you follow your logic?

Aesthetics are important, not everything, but still important.

I own the Oly 17, it looks a lot nicer on any Oly camera than the 20... I can still take great photos with it in spite of the more pleasing aesthetics.

Nocturnal Adventures wrote:

Ummm. OK. What I don't get is that you won't buy a lens, regardless of how 'good' it might be, because it doesn't match your wardrobe? It's a vanity thing? Seriously, that just seems a little odd.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nocturnal Adventures
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to mh2000, Apr 4, 2012

We're talking about nice shiny colour here, not scratches. Scratches are signs of wear and abuse, colour is merely vanity. To not use a specific lens, because it doesn't "colour match" your gear (even if it performs fabulously) seems quite limiting to me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Michael Kaufman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,593Gear list
Like?
Nice try Nocturnal Adventures
In reply to Nocturnal Adventures, Apr 4, 2012

Nocturnal Adventures wrote:

Ummm. OK. What I don't get is that you won't buy a lens, regardless of how 'good' it might be, because it doesn't match your wardrobe? It's a vanity thing? Seriously, that just seems a little odd.

Nice strawman argument there. A more analogous question would be, if you had the choice between two lenses that were exactly the same except that one matched your wardrobe and one didn't, which would you get.?

In picking the color E-M5, I answered "I would take the one that I could get delivered first", but taking the one that matched your wardrobe is a perfectly reasonable answer as well.

 Michael Kaufman's gear list:Michael Kaufman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S RX100 III Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nocturnal Adventures
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Nice try Nocturnal Adventures
In reply to Michael Kaufman, Apr 4, 2012

You guys seem a might bit touchy here.

I didn't say it was right or wrong. I was just sayin'.

Get what colour you want, you look marvelous.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ChrisDM
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,095
Like?
Re: Photo of OM-D with 20 1.7 mounted please!
In reply to Nocturnal Adventures, Apr 4, 2012

Who said I wouldn't buy a lens because of the way it looks? I started this thread because I already own the ugly 20 1.7 because of the images it produces. I pre-ordered an OM-D to mount it to, and I want to get the finish that more closely matches my it. Call it vanity. Now move on please.

Nocturnal Adventures wrote:

Ummm. OK. What I don't get is that you won't buy a lens, regardless of how 'good' it might be, because it doesn't match your wardrobe? It's a vanity thing? Seriously, that just seems a little odd.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads