Anyone have any outdoor, night sports shots from a D7000 to share?

Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions
MRM
MRM
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Anyone have any outdoor, night sports shots from a D7000 to share?
Mar 31, 2012

I have had a D200 for almost 4 years now and am looking to upgrade to something newer. Someone pointed my toward the D7000. I have seen a number of threads with shots of indoor sports and outdoor, daytime shots. I would like to see some outdoor, night shots either without a flash or even with a flash. I primarily shoot motorsports at night, but get a chance to shoot some football this fall. Thanks.

Nikon D200 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
joaquin100
Senior MemberPosts: 1,516Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone have any outdoor, night sports shots from a D7000 to share?
In reply to MRM, Mar 31, 2012

Hello MRM

After seen all my pictures i found no even one from Sports at night but the AF in D7000 is good imo. Nice from it, is you can adjust about any Lens to get AF spot on. Just look after the Ray Soares advices and you will be all set.

My 50 F1.8 D now works wide open spot on and 80-200 ED as well (both back focused)

i am not in to Sports and i never had such a good AF module as D200 has, maybe D7000 is as good maybe not.

Here are some D7000 snaps

http://www.pbase.com/highlights/roland_garros_2011_y_mas

Hope it helps you

Regards
Joaquin
--
Zone Zone Zone Zone

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
zig123
Regular MemberPosts: 418
Like?
Re: outdoor, night football shots from a D7000 + 70-200mm VR
In reply to MRM, Mar 31, 2012

Hi,

I don't generally shoot sports but was asked by a friend to take a few images of his grandson playing his last high school football game.

The following were taken last November at night, during intermittent downpours. I really had a difficult time getting any unobstructed shots as I was usually behind the players on the bench. Going up into the stands meant that I would be a fair distance away. Farther than I wanted to be.
Equip. used D7000 + 70-200mkm f2.8 VR lens hand held-no flash.

Zig

MRM
MRM
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Re: outdoor, night football shots from a D7000 + 70-200mm VR
In reply to zig123, Apr 1, 2012

Nice. That was kind of what I was interested in. I've seen what a D700 will do, just curious about the D7000. That may be my next camera.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads