The funny thing about republicans...

Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions
Starshot
Contributing MemberPosts: 764
Like?
The funny thing about republicans...
Mar 31, 2012

is that they think the country is in the crapper because of the democrats... they don't realize who was president the last decade?

BRJR
Forum ProPosts: 13,641Gear list
Like?
Re: ".. they don't realize who was president the last decade?" (Exactly, But We Do )
In reply to Starshot, Mar 31, 2012

And, that this, along with what we have been seeing of them since the midterm elections in 2010 -- more than justify why they are not fit to even consider for President in 2012 or anytime in the near future, if ever again. They are clearly a miserable, selfish, silly, racist and ignorant class of people that the USA and the entire world would be much better without.
--

"Working for God on earth does not pay much, but His Retirement plan is outĀ of this world."

BRJR ....(LOL, some of us are quite satisfied as Hobbyists ..)

Starshot wrote:

is that they think the country is in the crapper because of the democrats... they don't realize who was president the last decade?

BRJR's gear list:BRJR's gear list
Nikon D700 Leica M9 Nikon AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 15,440Gear list
Like?
Re: The funny thing about republicans...

Starshot wrote:

Yes, the Democrats blame the Republicans and the Republicans blame the Democrats. And party loyalty comes before all. Heaven forbid that people take a close look at the situation and start looking at what is wrong with both parties.

For example:

Both parties on the Federal and State level are increasing debt.
Both parties support illegal immigrants.
Both parties show sympathy for the poor Americans.

Yes, both parties put on dog and pony shows about their concern for the debt, illegals and the poor, but: 1) Has debt decreased, no, 2) Are illegals still coming into the USA, yes, 3) Are our representatives providing benefits to illegals that could go to American poor, yes.

For a better America, identify the good in each party, and, identify the bad in each party.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Mentor_1
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,773Gear list
Like?

Here I sit on the outside looking in and what I see is sad. You Americans have both sides of government fighting for the top position and no one is trying to actually run the country and clear up the mess. Until they come to realize that nothing will improve without the infighting coming to an end you will all suffer equally.

We often have our nonsense here as well but never as serious as what you have at the moment. I wish fear and common sense would hold them back.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
--
May the light be with you
Stop global whining
Stupid should hurt

Gear: My Lab Lara, cameras, lens, tripod, monopod, cars, MH, motorcycles (yah bought another), helmet, yacht, etc. too much stuff.

95_9C1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429
Like?
In reply to Bill Randall, Mar 31, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

Starshot wrote:

Yes, the Democrats blame the Republicans and the Republicans blame the Democrats. And party loyalty comes before all. Heaven forbid that people take a close look at the situation and start looking at what is wrong with both parties.

For example:

Yes, both parties put on dog and pony shows about their concern for the debt, illegals and the poor, but: 1) Has debt decreased, no, 2) Are illegals still coming into the USA, yes, 3) Are our representatives providing benefits to illegals that could go to American poor, yes.

For a better America, identify the good in each party, and, identify the bad in each party.

exactly

instead of taking cheap shots at either side, look objectively at both

the cheap shots are made by idiots, and they're aplenty ...

Bill Randall
Like?
In reply to Mentor_1, Mar 31, 2012

Mentor_1 wrote:

Here I sit on the outside looking in and what I see is sad. You Americans have both sides of government fighting for the top position and no one is trying to actually run the country and clear up the mess. Until they come to realize that nothing will improve without the infighting coming to an end you will all suffer equally.

We often have our nonsense here as well but never as serious as what you have at the moment. I wish fear and common sense would hold them back.

It is very clear to me that you Canadians have no concept of how American politics works. First, the politician must get elected. Once this is accomplished they are on the road to becoming rich (either party). As soon as they are elected and on the road to becoming rich they must concentrate on how to win the next election and become even richer. If time permits, then and only then, do they attempt to improve the situation - provided the mess they have created is not too complicated to fix. If it is too complicated or cannot be fixed, ignore it.

You want proof. Fine. Each member of Congress is assumed to read and understand each piece of legislation before it is voted on. This is what we the tax payers pay them to do. In addition, they are suppose to know how much that legislation will cost AND how the country will pay for it.

And yet, a major healthcare bill was passed with very few people knowing what was in it, and no one knowing how much it was going to cost. Consider that before it was voted on the majority leader in the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, stated: We have to hurry and vote on this so we can see what is in it. What leadership we have. And to make it worse - the American people accepted this.

95_9C1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429
Like?
nancy pelosi
In reply to Bill Randall, Mar 31, 2012

Bill Randall
Like?
Re: nancy pelosi
In reply to 95_9C1, Mar 31, 2012

95_9C1 wrote:

I like it.

Tom C
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,488
Like?

This is why they are so successful, they get everyone fighting amongst themselves and not who we should be fighting, the politicians. Divide and conquer, armies have been using it for years to win and so have politicians.
--
Tom
When my bones turn to dust,
and if my CD's didn't rust,
future generations will see my photos
and think that I was nuts.

happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,789Gear list
Like?

Country is in the virtual crapper because of democrats and republicans.
I'm an American, nothing else. I say f you all...

Starshot wrote:

-- hide signature --

http://www.wanderinground.wordpress.com
http://www.pbase.com/happypoppeye

It's almost all opinion folks, gonna have to deal with it.

Equipment: 1 Finger, an eye, a camera body and 50mm (equivalent) lens, half a brain, and a lot of money leftover to spend on using that equipment

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,147
Like?
Purely selective blindness (nt)
In reply to Starshot, Apr 1, 2012
-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Roger99
Like?
In reply to Bill Randall, Apr 1, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

Starshot wrote:

In this case the Republican leader of the past decade was absolutely and evidentialy to blame. Stuff party allegiances.

For example:

And in the current world economic climate I would be stunned to see any other results than these. Show me any American leader that could change any of this at the moment and I will show you one that is stabbing a lot of people in the back to look good or at least shuffling a lot of paper to dodgy up the figures. Welcome to the American 21st century.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle

Roger99
Like?
In reply to Bill Randall, Apr 1, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

It is very clear to me that you Canadians have no concept of how American politics works. First, the politician must get elected. Once this is accomplished they are on the road to becoming rich (either party). As soon as they are elected and on the road to becoming rich they must concentrate on how to win the next election and become even richer. If time permits, then and only then, do they attempt to improve the situation - provided the mess they have created is not too complicated to fix. If it is too complicated or cannot be fixed, ignore it.

You want proof. Fine. Each member of Congress is assumed to read and understand each piece of legislation before it is voted on. This is what we the tax payers pay them to do. In addition, they are suppose to know how much that legislation will cost AND how the country will pay for it.

And yet, a major healthcare bill was passed with very few people knowing what was in it, and no one knowing how much it was going to cost. Consider that before it was voted on the majority leader in the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, stated: We have to hurry and vote on this so we can see what is in it. What leadership we have. And to make it worse - the American people accepted this.

That's pretty much how we in Australia got health care reform (along with several other major reforms) in 1974 from the left. The right jumped up and down about it all and how it was going to bring down the country and along with CIA involvement in the unions brought down the government (the biggest mistake was the intention to ween ourselves from an oppressive American influence.) The right never disassembled any of the main reforms under question when they got in after the coup and we have never looked back (other than to regret the dismissal). Oddly enough Australia is still here and doing well economically, in a large part due to those reforms.

The right just turns grey at the thought of change under any circumstances. Nothing is new.

-- hide signature --

Bill Randall
Like?
In reply to Roger99, Apr 1, 2012

Roger99 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Starshot wrote:

In this case the Republican leader of the past decade was absolutely and evidentialy to blame. Stuff party allegiances.

Roger, regardless of which party the president comes from, there is party allegiance. This has been the case for many years, although some years it is stronger than others.

For example:

And in the current world economic climate I would be stunned to see any other results than these. Show me any American leader that could change any of this at the moment and I will show you one that is stabbing a lot of people in the back to look good or at least shuffling a lot of paper to dodgy up the figures. Welcome to the American 21st century.

I am not sure I understand your comment. The three items I mentioned are, in my opinion, three wrongs that our politicians (both parties) are ignoring. How could attempting to fix these be stabbing a lot of people in the back?

Bill Randall
Like?
In reply to Roger99, Apr 1, 2012

Roger99 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

That's pretty much how we in Australia got health care reform (along with several other major reforms) in 1974 from the left. The right jumped up and down about it all and how it was going to bring down the country and along with CIA involvement in the unions brought down the government (the biggest mistake was the intention to ween ourselves from an oppressive American influence.) The right never disassembled any of the main reforms under question when they got in after the coup and we have never looked back (other than to regret the dismissal). Oddly enough Australia is still here and doing well economically, in a large part due to those reforms.

The right just turns grey at the thought of change under any circumstances. Nothing is new.

For a moment ignore whether your health bill was good or bad. You indicated that your health bill was passed much like ours in the USA. Politicians knew little of what was in the bill and nothing of what it would cost.

Do you really feel comfortable with your government acting in this manner? Do you consider this responsible representation?

Roger99
Like?
In reply to Bill Randall, Apr 2, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Starshot wrote:

In this case the Republican leader of the past decade was absolutely and evidently to blame. Stuff party allegiances.

Roger, regardless of which party the president comes from, there is party allegiance. This has been the case for many years, although some years it is stronger than others.

For example:

I am not sure I understand your comment. The three items I mentioned are, in my opinion, three wrongs that our politicians (both parties) are ignoring. How could attempting to fix these be stabbing a lot of people in the back?

A claim of success on any of these fronts would be a pretty dodgy claim at best. During the early nineties I was unemployed for a period. One day I got a letter in the mail explaining that I had been removed from the unemployment register and placed on a pension. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. A day later I was watching the news and the Prime Minister of six months came on and announced the best unemployment figures since the great depression. Needless to say by the end of the fortnight I was mysteriously back on unemployment again. Talking to an acquaintance that worked at the SS some time later about it he explained that that kind of thing happened quite often but only when a particular party was in power. He hated it because it put a lot of jobs at risk. The irony.
--

Roger99
Like?

Bill Randall wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

For a moment ignore whether your health bill was good or bad. You indicated that your health bill was passed much like ours in the USA. Politicians knew little of what was in the bill and nothing of what it would cost.

Do you really feel comfortable with your government acting in this manner? Do you consider this responsible representation?

With something like a health bill reform that a country sorely needs (and the US really needs reform on this front) and has been stalled on for so long, I can see that shuffling it through as quickly as possible could be the only way to get there particularly with the method used by the right of blocking bills for as long as possible just to score image points. The right is just going silly at this point because it wasn't one of their scams for once and it was for the good of the country.
--

TFergus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
In reply to Starshot, Apr 2, 2012

Starshot wrote:

... and it's only been getting worse.

Hopefully NEXT election we can vote someone in that can fix it.
Obviously Obama has failed.

The SAD thing about Democrats is that when it's a Republican Prez and a Democrat Congress..... they blame the Prez for everything bad.

When it's a Dem Prez and a Repub Congress.... they blame congress for everything bad.

Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 12,466Gear list
Like?
The thing about the health care bill and Pelois...

Bill Randall wrote:

I think what you say is technically true, but everytime I hear this argument I think of it being put forth as an excuse for not looking at a universal health care seriously.

The bill was huge and every detail had not been worked out so the cost could not exactly be determined either....that is what Pelois meant, yet people are not willing to accept that but chose to interpert her statement in the very worse light....not that a few details needed to be worked out, but as if no one knew anything about it at all.

Most everyone knew in principle what was in the bill.

Interestingly, had a single payer bill been passed the bill would have been very simple (about 30 pages someone here said).

-- hide signature --
 Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Bill Randall
Like?
In reply to Roger99, Apr 2, 2012

Roger99 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Starshot wrote:

In this case the Republican leader of the past decade was absolutely and evidently to blame. Stuff party allegiances.

For example:

A claim of success on any of these fronts would be a pretty dodgy claim at best. During the early nineties I was unemployed for a period. One day I got a letter in the mail explaining that I had been removed from the unemployment register and placed on a pension. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. A day later I was watching the news and the Prime Minister of six months came on and announced the best unemployment figures since the great depression. Needless to say by the end of the fortnight I was mysteriously back on unemployment again. Talking to an acquaintance that worked at the SS some time later about it he explained that that kind of thing happened quite often but only when a particular party was in power. He hated it because it put a lot of jobs at risk. The irony.

It does not surprise me.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads