X10 focus hunting in video mode?

Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions
canuck88
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
X10 focus hunting in video mode?
Mar 29, 2012

I've noticed that when recording video, my X10 is constantly focus hunting. Even in scenes where contrast is obvious.

Anyone know how to correct this?

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Andrew Higgins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,068Gear list
Like?
Re: X10 focus hunting in video mode?
In reply to canuck88, Mar 30, 2012

I've found the X10 hunts if AF is used for shooting video. Hence, I always use manual focus when shooting video. I would have hoped Fuji had enabled in video mode, the quick AF that can be done in MF by pressing the AE button (a feature on many camcorders), but sadly no. Maybe a firmware update could fix this.

A

Andrew Higgins's gear list:Andrew Higgins's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Ricoh Caplio R8 Ricoh GR Digital Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
alex6
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
In reply to Andrew Higgins, Mar 30, 2012

I think you can set the movie focus in the menu to "centered" . This will set the focus when the shutter release is pressed but will not adjust focus during the rest of the video capture. This would be good when shooting a concert or other situations we the subject remains at t constant distance.

The firmware version1.03 states that tracking is improved in the movie mode but I have not tested this.

kittlsk
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
In reply to Andrew Higgins, May 25, 2012

Hi Andrew,

Do you mind to share how to use manual focus during video? I've been playing with it to make sure it can do this before buying but I cant really find a way. Hope you can share the steps.

Many thanks,
Kitt

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads